Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Well customer service, to me, is one of the most import features of a company. I specifically buy from company's that have no question asked return policies. (REI, EVO Gear etc)

I can't think of any electronic device (that has been built after 1995) I own that I have not had issues with.

60' TV
    Xbox 360 x 2
    Ps3
    Blackberry (6 or 7?)
    Iphone x 3
    MBP x 3
    PC x 5

Just to name a few.

And thank you for insulting my age, internet tough guy Click here to enlarge
    def not an internet tough guy... its just too easy to tell
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'd expect basically every major electronics manufacture to honor their warranty. I will simply own the best product.
    Not to go back in time on this thread. But this sentence is quite relevant to the discussion.

If the original posters button on a phone does not work, they are not required to replace the entire phone, they are only required to fix the button. When my phone's operating system went buggy, they definitely were not required by warranty to give me a new phone. By warranty, what they are supposed to do is return it the nearest apple tech shop to get it looked at, assessed, and then fixed if possible. These are just good examples of customer service.

Alternatively, I have been with a company called Rogers in Toronto Canada. It is one of the largest companies in Canada, its like Verizon etc. When I had problems with my blackberry or other non-apple products, they would give me a loaner phone while they sent out my phone to get assessed and possibly fixed. One time they came back to me and said it was moisture damage (to a new expensive phone I only had for a few months, complete bs), and this was around 2-3 weeks after I had dropped it off.

Compare my Rogers vs Apple service above, and tell me customer service does not matter. I am a business man, I like problems to be solved quickly and efficiently, and I don't want to be jerked around over phone problems.

In addition, the Samsung, blackberry, apple phones are the same quality of build, so not sure how you guys are claiming apple phones are poorly made. They most certainly are not, especially in comparison to other phones. They are all made in the same sweat shops overseas. Unless you spent 50k to 100k on a Vertu phone lol.

PS: I don't go after the BEST PRODUCT...because to be honest, that usually implies a bunch of crap it can do that I will never need, use, and will probably forget I ever had. I need a solid phone, that fits in my suit jacket without bulging, that can access email, internet, and has good reception. Anything more is unnecessary overkill. My iphone is overkill enough. If the Galaxy 3 was not such a huge monstrosity, I would consider it, but still probably not switch over. It's not offering me anything I need, that I don't already have. And apple has taken care of me so well, that it has earned my service and $$$.
    Last edited by Havok; 01-22-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

That should be Apple's new slogan: "Don't blame us, all electronics go out!!!"

Sorry but I'll go ahead and disagree with you right there:

I have a Sandisk Sansa MP3 player that I purchased that I can use at the gym. That thing has been totally used and abused and every single feature it came with still works!! It's amazing!!

Then I had to get an Apple product for my car since BMW doesn't accept any other mp3 player. So, that iPod nano that I have is only about 3 years old. It spent most of it's life inside the car in the armrest where nothing else goes. Other than some old drive through receipts. Now let's go over which features don't work anymore:

The hold slider works sometimes.
    The scroll wheel works sometimes.
    I took it out once on one of my longboard rides in the summer and found out that never before used phone jack doesn't work well either. I have to constantly twist and turn to get a connection.

It's a fantastic product needles to say. (please have you sarcasm detector on)

Also I don't agree with your logic at all. If I had all these Apple products in the 1st place and went through so many replacements as you. I think the next logical step here would be to go and try out another product.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge

I have a Sandisk Sansa MP3 player that I purchased that I can use at the gym. That thing has been totally used and abused and every single feature it came with still works!! It's amazing!!

Then I had to get an Apple product for my car since BMW doesn't accept any other mp3 player. So, that iPod nano that I have is only about 3 years old. It spent most of it's life inside the car in the armrest where nothing else goes. Other than some old drive through receipts. Now let's go over which features don't work anymore:

I took it out once on one of my longboard rides in the summer and found out that never before used phone jack doesn't work well either. I have to constantly twist and turn to get a connection.

Also I don't agree with your logic at all. If I had all these Apple products in the 1st place and went through so many replacements as you. I think the next logical step here would be to go and try out another product.
    I also have a scan disk cassette player, that doesn't even turn on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I also have a scan disk cassette player, that doesn't even turn on.

You must be the kryptonite to all electronics then.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

My original Game Boy still works.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

You must be the kryptonite to all electronics then.
    Or some electronics randomly go out and some dont. Thats because they are all made in china with cheep parts, and believe it or not, sometimes fail.

Sticky brings up Gameboys, I still have a gameboy color that works fine since the day I bought it, but I have another one that doesn't work anymore, just doesn't turn on. Its electronics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Going to try my original SNES, BRB.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Going to try my original SNES, BRB.
    You have a TV that can take that connection?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

You have a TV that can take that connection?
    RCA isn't that hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Seriously, I went through 6 iphone 4s. Quality is crap and they are still behind Android with the iphone5 in regards to technology and functionality.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I work for a major telecom company, and the general consensus is, the iPhone is more durable and reliable than other devices. I actually have return rates, advanced exchange rates, etc to view to make this determination. The best part about the iPhone is, we do not waste our own resources warrantying or replacing defective devices, they go straight to Apple.

Can't call me an Apple fanboy when I actually have a Galaxy Note 2. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I work for a major telecom company, and the general consensus is, the iPhone is more durable and reliable than other devices. I actually have return rates, advanced exchange rates, etc to view to make this determination. The best part about the iPhone is, we do not waste our own resources warrantying or replacing defective devices, they go straight to Apple.

Can't call me an Apple fanboy when I actually have a Galaxy Note 2. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Seriously, I went through 6 iphone 4s. Quality is crap and they are still behind Android with the iphone5 in regards to technology and functionality.

Odd, I have had iphone's since the 3g, and that's the only phone that caused a problem for me, and Apple replaced it on the spot. Other than that, I have never had an issue with my iphone's. Once one got stolen, and other than that, I brutalize them, they fall at sites (I am an architect), I take to the gym (high humidity), and never have I had a problem with the 4g/4s/5 phones.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Agreed, I don't understand how people are claiming so many issues with the iphones. I think they are built to last.

Just like people love to be apple fanboys, there is a good amount of people out there that want to be apple haters lol. Just the way it works when a company gets so dominant.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Havok Click here to enlarge
    Agreed, I don't understand how people are claiming so many issues with the iphones. I think they are built to last.

Just like people love to be apple fanboys, there is a good amount of people out there that want to be apple haters lol. Just the way it works when a company gets so dominant.
    its true, and i posted this for all the apple haters that have been talking trash, just to re-itorate my point with top notch customer service, which is hard to find..

but as you seen, they're all very silent right now considering we had myst post actual data that $#@! slapped there bashing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

doesn't android have a larger deployed base now?

Every replacement meant a trip to the store the massive amount of time I spent was silly. I am probably the 'unlucky guy' who had so many issues if their quality was as bad as I experienced they wouldn't be in business. Still picking up an android in april.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Another fun fact:

Kyocera phones have the lowest advanced exchange (warranty replacement) rate out of all the phones my company carries. HTC has the worst rate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Another fun fact:

Kyocera phones have the lowest advanced exchange (warranty replacement) rate out of all the phones my company carries. HTC has the worst rate.
    lol I hope HTC has gotten at least a little better over the years...

My original windows mobile 5 phone was HTC built and I don't think anything or any featuer it was made for worked out of the box.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Two weeks ago my one year old droid's screen froze, I went to Verizon and they gave me another one.
    Not sure if I should make thread about how great Droids are or how great Motorola is or VerizonClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Gregxi Click here to enlarge
    Two weeks ago my one year old droid's screen froze, I went to Verizon and they gave me another one.
    Not sure if I should make thread about how great Droids are or how great Motorola is or VerizonClick here to enlarge
    That means you have to make two.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Anyone watching the BB10 live launch streaming right now? It looks really good. I don't meant aesthetics, I mean functionality this might be the best phone yet.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

the BB10 live launch
    Details on this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I honestly don't know anyone that has had a phone for more then a year that is still together. Most people I know (iphone and others) have broken screens and or have had phones stop working, friend of mine just recently had his android freeze on a loading screen and wouldn't do anything, he couldn't do anything. He also got a new phone $299 later. (he went back to iphones)

They're Chinese electronics, what do you expect.

But the customer service, that I expect to be top notch, and apple delivers every time.

Example. Thats like saying your HPFP went out so BMW is a poor car brand.
    Me. GS3. Madein Korea, not China.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Details on this?
    woops sorry did not see your post till now. But the stream was posted all over yahoo. The phone is really strong, considering getting it next week. Launch in Canada is Feb 5th. Launch in USA is in March.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast