Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Proof that I will continue to own Apple products

Yesterday my power button stopped working on my Iphone 4S.

Took it in today, the store (as always) was very busy, took about 20 minutes to get to me.

They took a look at the phone, told me to wait a minute, not even 30 seconds later they came back with a new phone, swapped them out, and 5 minutes later I was out of the store with a new 100% working phone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

So you will own their products because they honored their warranty?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So you will own their products because they honored their warranty?
    absolutely, and they fix it on the spot. As bad as it sounds, not many companies stand by their products.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I'd expect basically every major electronics manufacture to honor their warranty. I will simply own the best product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i think the iphone is so inferior to android its not even funny, atleast the 5 is catching up but not even close imo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'd rather have nothing broken at all, so I don't have to waste my precious time going back to the store...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    i think the iphone is so inferior to android its not even funny, atleast the 5 is catching up but not even close imo
    The Iphone's time has come and gone IMO. Apple has nothing to innovate now. Iphone 3, Iphone 4, Iphone 5, Iphone 6 will just be the same thing with some minor improvement. We have the Ipad Mini, now what? They are out of ideas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

oh bash bash bash grow up kiddies.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

I don't know man, The fact that your not even 1 year old phone broke, and they gave you a new one, does in my opinion not logically imply I would stick by this product no matter what.
    Maybe there is just no way for them to repair it, so their default action is to replace any defective iPhone.

Not stepping into the Android/iPhone war, but the fact it broke down should tell you more than the fact that it got replaced within warranty.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    I don't know man, The fact that your not even 1 year old phone broke, and they gave you a new one, does in my opinion not logically imply I would stick by this product no matter what.
    Maybe there is just no way for them to repair it, so their default action is to replace any defective iPhone.

Not stepping into the Android/iPhone war, but the fact it broke down should tell you more than the fact that it got replaced within warranty.
    I honestly don't know anyone that has had a phone for more then a year that is still together. Most people I know (iphone and others) have broken screens and or have had phones stop working, friend of mine just recently had his android freeze on a loading screen and wouldn't do anything, he couldn't do anything. He also got a new phone $299 later. (he went back to iphones)

They're Chinese electronics, what do you expect.

But the customer service, that I expect to be top notch, and apple delivers every time.

Example. Thats like saying your HPFP went out so BMW is a poor car brand.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I honestly don't know anyone that has had a phone for more then a year that is still together. Most people I know (iphone and others) have broken screens and or have had phones stop working, friend of mine just recently had his android freeze on a loading screen and wouldn't do anything, he couldn't do anything. He also got a new phone $299 later. (he went back to iphones)

They're Chinese electronics, what do you expect.

But the customer service, that I expect to be top notch, and apple delivers every time.

Example. Thats like saying your HPFP went out so BMW is a poor car brand.
    My Motorola Photon (Bought almost 2 years ago) still works, it's survived this deployment so far and works anywhere in the world, as long as I swap out the SIMM, so... Yeah the phone was like $599, but it's done pretty good..

I like apple products too (IPOD, MacBook Pro) and both of those I've had for a few years with no issues, haven't even needed to use my warranty on them... (not that it would matter, warranty is up on both of them). If you take care of your products (like your cars, except for the hpfp problem) they should last a few years... hopefully
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have had 2 iphones and both were epic pieces of $#@!. First was a 3GS which was replaced 3 times, all of them kept overheating their bluetooth transponders. Next was a 4S bought new in July which was ok for a few months, but as soon as they forced me to upgrade to IOS6 the dock/charger stopped working about half the time, wifi would "connect" but not actually be connected, and it connect and disconnect from the cell network repeatedly every 30sec or so. Brought it in, basically got told "yea, we've seen these issues but we can't put the previous software on your phone." How they can release their own software that doesn't work on their own hardware, and then tell me to $#@! myself is beyond me. Thanks for the $300 paperweight

Moved to droid and couldn't be happier.
    -Brian

BMWCCA 444282

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

well I am happy with my piece of $#@! phone that has amazing customer service.

When your droids go out (which they will because all electronics do), i hope you all have the same results.

Also how did they force you to update to ios6? I've been running jailbroken 5.11 for a while. No issues. They actually returned my phone and the guy knew it was jailbroken and didnt even care.

If you have IOS 6 you can go back to 5.11 at any time.
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 01-20-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

All electronics do not go out. My original Sega Genesis and Game Gear still work... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

All electronics do not go out. My original Sega Genesis and Game Gear still work... Click here to enlarge
    lol both my Sega Genesis and Game Gear also work!! haha Click here to enlarge Or at least last I checked Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Well I am not an apple fanboy, but I do have the iphone and ipad.

I will say this much, the only phone I find superior to my phone is the Samsung Galaxy 3, and its too damn large for me. My sister has it, and one of my best friends has it that's into marketing (great device for spreadsheets etc), but I prefer something small and slim that can fit in my suit jacket without anyone knowing.

On a side note, I went into apple with my previous iphone, and the issue I was having was that it was periodically turning off on its own. The tech guy looked at it and said he would probably need to send it in for a closer look. I frowned at that reply and told him I really need my phone, is there any way it can be replaced since the issue is not easily fixable. He looked at me...took the phone, banged the phone's edge on the counter, and said "ohh look a crack, guess you get a new one" SWEAR ON MY MOTHERS LIFE this actually happened. New phone, no hassle. I love them for that. They make enough $$$ to bend the rules to help a customer out. Most money hungry companies won't budge an inch even though they are laced with cash.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Havok Click here to enlarge
    I will say this much, the only phone I find superior to my phone is the Samsung Galaxy 3, and its too damn large for me. My sister has it, and one of my best friends has it that's into marketing (great device for spreadsheets etc), but I prefer something small and slim that can fit in my suit jacket without anyone knowing.
    I have the Note II and don't mind the size at all....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

They make enough $$$ to bend the rules to help a customer out. Most money hungry companies won't budge an inch even though they are laced with cash.
    I seriously doubt that was an Apple corporate directive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I have the Note II and don't mind the size at all....
    Honest question, do you wear bootcut jeans. Does it fit?

Do you have a case on it?

I honestly haven't bought the 5 because I don't want a bigger phone. My 4S with the otterbox is as big as I would ever want a phone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No case, fits in all my jeans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

He looked at me...took the phone, banged the phone's edge on the counter, and said "ohh look a crack, guess you get a new one"
    Either warranties are far superior where you are or you are very very lucky, I don't know of any warranty that covers damage like that. Faulty hardware or software yes but damage? I would expect to see Apple making a lot less profit if everytime someone dropped a phone or got it wet demanded a warranty replacement.
    I can see BMW replacing HPFP under warranty but not a dented door!
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

of course they replaced it on the spot. BIG BROTHER cant function properly if they are not monitoring your every move..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kev335i Click here to enlarge
    Either warranties are far superior where you are or you are very very lucky, I don't know of any warranty that covers damage like that. Faulty hardware or software yes but damage? I would expect to see Apple making a lot less profit if everytime someone dropped a phone or got it wet demanded a warranty replacement.
    I can see BMW replacing HPFP under warranty but not a dented door!

Apple will replace it if there are cracks around the USB cable connection at the bottom side of the phone - this was for the version before the 4g/5. Around that connection hole the plastic was very thin, and could crack. It was viewed as a design flaw. Tech was aware of this, and just hit it so it could crack on that spot. Of course the 4g and 5 phones now have that aluminum piece wrapped around it, so this cracking cant happen anymore.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just as a point of reference... great customer service does not overtake or precede a poorly put together product. I am an Apple guy and have had many of their products, i am even typing this of a 5 but you're logic is very flawed if u think this is a great way to judge a company. A phone should not die that quick... ever. Then again... I think I can figure you're age real quickly so fanboyism is no surprise.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Just as a point of reference... great customer service does not overtake or precede a poorly put together product. I am an Apple guy and have had many of their products, i am even typing this of a 5 but you're logic is very flawed if u think this is a great way to judge a company. A phone should not die that quick... ever. Then again... I think I can figure you're age real quickly so fanboyism is no surprise.
    Well customer service, to me, is one of the most import features of a company. I specifically buy from company's that have no question asked return policies. (REI, EVO Gear etc)

I can't think of any electronic device (that has been built after 1995) I own that I have not had issues with.

60' TV
    Xbox 360 x 2
    Ps3
    Blackberry (6 or 7?)
    Iphone x 3
    MBP x 3
    PC x 5

Just to name a few.

And thank you for insulting my age, internet tough guy Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 01-21-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast