Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Talking about S54 Superchargers - well... we will make one now. It was already in development some time ago but we dropped it because other stuff was going on.

As for the subject of this thread, not commented yet on this yet but will do later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Talking about S54 Superchargers - well... we will make one now. It was already in development some time ago but we dropped it because other stuff was going on.

As for the subject of this thread, not commented yet on this yet but will do later.
    Oooh I can't wait for this bro! The S54 EVOLVE kit will be awesome.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was having a drowsy morning but alright, you've got my attention. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Glad to hear it boys. I'm too far deep in the N/A world at this point but I will follow your results closely.

Oh the suspense... Click here to enlarge. Sadly I was hoping AJ would wise up and realize ESS's place in the tuning pecking order and maybe use these cases to improve their product. Yet the mud-slinging and finger-pointing continues.

OT: I am ready for another dyno tune @evolve. Ebay headers are off and sold. I have about 200 miles on the Stepped V1's and HJS cats. Your previous tune iteration passed emissions and sniffer with flying colors by the way. No need for trickery. Finally have Colorado plates on the beast and no more sweat from Johnny Law with the old Nevada "RATEDM" plates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very Nice, can't wait to see what you come up with.
    s54door

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    But there's something else here that I think Asbjorn fears too. There are owners of the ESS introductory kits (445/etc) that are sourcing their own components and Evolve tuning to upgrade the kits rather than spend an additional $2000 for some ESS hardware and a canned tune. That must undoubtedly hurt his bottom line a good amount. That's what I'd do. And let's not forget those who buy their kits used and then get the tuning from Evolve. Not a penny to ESS where they would usually at least make money off the new owner's retune.
    You just got me thinking... what if someone threw together the same components (but sourced their own manifold) and just had Evolve do the tuning and cut them out for less money completely?

You could do a brand new kit for less money...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Got some time finally to post. Currently in Finland on work. Cold here!

For us atleast this is not the first time we have seen such information but never on a public forum. Without sounding like we are being picked on, we are quite used to this kind of behaviour from this highly unethical company. When we were working on our E92 M3 supercharger kit ESS went out of their way to purposefully derail the product by saying it's not ours, we rebadged it etc etc.
    The emails we have received from them are quite ridiculous.
    Over on M3P, continuous digs and scaremongering.
    We have had stupid threats that they will tell everyone who makes our exhausts.... err.... didn't they read the forums? We already told everyone!
    When that's been realised then its ' oh, they didn't do it themselves, they had no input'... OK guys... keep trying. No one can know so much about the product and it's development in so much detail without actually being so heavily involved at the design level.

Some of you I am sure even saw the comical accusation that I am just a salesman by ESS over on M3P. Sure.... ok Click here to enlarge

Are we the only ones? Well you guys already know the answer to that one.

This time, they got caught out and this is a highly embarrassing situation to be in.

M3forum.net is another forum where we picked up abuse of the same nature as this thread but the guys over there just did not stand for it at all.

We can also look at this in a positive light from our point of view. For them to continuously talk trash like for the last 2 years must mean they see us as a threat......

I can tell you now, this will never end. It is the way they are and they will never change unless they really have to.

I know most of the other tuners in the US to the level I speak to them on the phone. One told me that he was told by Asbjorn to leave what he described as 'HIS MARKET' ... or else. The thinking is just so strange and this is where the root problem lies. They want to be the only ones in their market. One email even spoke about such things and threats of them reducing their prices to make sure no one entered the market in E92 M3 supercharged cars. Did it stop anyone? No.
    I have to say that the other big players in the market are a pleasure to have as competition. We can all co exist clearly.

I have explained numerous times to them that competition is good. However they do not see it like that and focus more time on these tactics than actually working on their own tuning / products. Why is it that we make such a big improvement over them? We actually study, continually develop and we do it ourselves because this is what we like doing.

If they continue with this they will simply dig a deeper hole for themselves because no one will believe this type of nonsense. Too many people on the forums see us logging in live and do tuning. We clearly know a thing or two. We are asked for random things to be done and we get them done. There are many people who have been to our place and seen the tuning and how it's done. It is explained to the point where they understand it.
    The people in the UK know what we are up to as they often visit when we are part way through development.

What they really need to understand is this - we cannot be stopped. We will continue to do what we are thoroughly enjoying and we will do it to the best standards we possibly can. They clearly have to much time on their hands these days .... says it all really.

We are used to it now. We expect a stupid attack all of the time we are that used to it!

So now... we make a supercharger kit based on a Rotrex C38-91. Why? Well... just because we feel the sudden urge to do so :-) Or shall we just give you all of the CAD models and where to get everything done and throw the tuning in for free too?
    Don't get too excited... we aren't that nice!

Anyway, thanks to Sticky (aka the evolve marketing and propaganda machine) and the person who put the email forward.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I can tell you now, this will never end. It is the way they are and they will never change unless they really have to.
    I'm afraid you likely are right.

What they really need to understand is this - we cannot be stopped. We will continue to do what we are thoroughly enjoying and we will do it to the best standards we possibly can. They clearly have to much time on their hands these days .... says it all really.
    This does say it all. I feel the same way, no reason to stop.

Anyway, thanks to Sticky (aka the evolve marketing and propaganda machine) and the person who put the email forward.
    Yes, I would like to thank him as well for standing up. Wish more people would.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So now... we make a supercharger kit based on a Rotrex C38-91. Why? Well... just because we feel the sudden urge to do so :-) Or shall we just give you all of the CAD models and where to get everything done and throw the tuning in for free too?
    Nah, I'd be willing to pay for the tuning :p

In all seriousness, it's exciting to hear that you guys are doing a SC kit for the S54 now. I imagine it will be closer to the type of power curve we get from the AA kits if you guys are using the Rotrex than what the Vortech put down. Definitely extremely interested in going that route as I was already set on using Evolve for tuning no matter what kit I end up with.

Is it too early to ask about what levels of kits that are planned? i.e 'streetsport/intro', stage 1, stage 2, etc.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Great progress with this thread and a very entertaining read to say the least. Well put together.

With that said...will this potential Evolve S54 Supercharger Kit be compatible with the Evolve CF Airbox....hahaha Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That ESS company is a $#@!ing joke. Hard to comprehend their irrational mentallity. Just wow! Is that absjorn guy the owner? If he is, then I'm speechless.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    That ESS company is a $#@!ing joke. Hard to comprehend their irrational mentallity. Just wow! Is that absjorn guy the owner? If he is, then I'm speechless.
    You never saw what he wrote to me? http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...the-SC-stroker

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

You will see a different power curve to what you may think. I am confident in saying we are very good at maximising the efficiency of the setup especially at the higher rpm's Click here to enlarge
    We will probably go to around 8-10 PSi. Not out to brake any records but we might just produce something with excellent low-midrange topped off with a very steep looking top end! We already know how it performs... let's just say that we got that into the development stage.
    That's another story for another thread later this year!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Right!! I remember now. Thanks for the refresh. It's been sometime so I forgot. Disgusting and pathetic is all I can say. Why would anyone wanna conduct business with such people is beyond me. This ESS establishment is digging its grave with such unethical behavior. It's almost comical how these guys believe they should be the only ones in the M3 world.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Right!! I remember now. Thanks for the refresh. It's been sometime so I forgot. Disgusting and pathetic is all I can say. Why would anyone wanna conduct business with such people is beyond me. This ESS establishment is digging its grave with such unethical behavior. It's almost comical how these guys believe they should be the only ones in the M3 world.
    I just hate the wanting to hurt people and their families part... wtf?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I would like to thank him as well for standing up. Wish more people would.
    Many people have, only to find their posts deleted and accounts banned. Myself included.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Many people have, only to find their posts deleted and accounts banned. Myself included.
    That's why we're here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Evolve, I vote you keep the logo on your kits intake manifold to a minimum or do something creative so it's not easily seen. Less is more IMO
    s54door

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

So now... we make a supercharger kit based on a Rotrex C38-91. Why? Well... just because we feel the sudden urge to do so :-)
    Looks like Rotrex has a C38-92 model out now.
    I wonder what the difference is between the 91 vs 92.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Good point. I can see your post in BimmerBoost, but no longer in M3F.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by normcaldwell Click here to enlarge
    Looks like Rotrex has a C38-92 model out now.
    I wonder what the difference is between the 91 vs 92.
    http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ompressor-maps

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Thanks Sticky!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by normcaldwell Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Sticky!
    My pleasure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

92 only difference is the larger intake but this has no effect at all and was only done where larger intake sizes were being used.

Tried using that already, did nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

pretty funny this whole situation, and I give Evolve props for not coming out and bashing ESS for what they did. It shows us how they are as a company and that little things like that don't bother them and they still come out with sick products. Such as the Evolve E-Tronic Exhaust and the Supercharger! Great to see cause I am sick of bashing and such that goes on a M3p.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mkpoto Click here to enlarge
    Great to see cause I am sick of bashing and such that goes on a M3p.
    It's so lame. Goes on at M5board too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast