Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 Click here to enlarge
    Shenanigans occurring on ******post.com noooooo, say it ain't so
    Please share the thread link here so I can view the lunacy
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GuidoK Click here to enlarge
    What they do about it, is cancel your warrenty.
    ESS can do the same.
    Yes, exactly.

Still if you think you're a premium supplier selling premium stuff, you should never react in this way. There can't come anything good out of such reactions, at least not anything commercially. Not the smartest move.
    They like to have complete control. ESS and BSpost go together like cheese and wine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You guys will be surprised to find how many of the tunes over in Europe have been re-used by various tuners.
    There are guys here in Toronto that re-sell the evolve tune as well! Who knows how they got it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They like to have complete control. ESS and BSpost go together like cheese and wine.
    I can understand that, he runs a business. But the only thing wrong in this scenario (not regarding the car or tune, we don't have that so we can't judge) is what he says about you and bimmerboost. What does he think what he can achieve with that?
    It's a (somewhat confidential) email to a customer. Email gets onto the web (questionable, but these things happen), words become eternal, damage done for the next decade or so to come (it'll pop up in the internet search forever).

That he thinks his tune is better, that fooling around with that tune can blow your engine and that he maybe has no high regards of evolve is all within his rightful opinion. He is a good tuner, he should think that what he's doing is of a very high standard.
    But then that rant about this 'plot' to ruin his image...
    I'd never say that to a customer let alone write. Alway's write your business emails as a letter, not as a verbal communication.
    And then so what. Is it going to change if it's even happening?

People can talk about this foreverClick here to enlarge
    I hope he's still willing to help me with my next upgrade Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What does he think what he can achieve with that?
    It's a (somewhat confidential) email to a customer. Email gets onto the web, words become eternal, damage done for the next decade or so to come (it'll pop up in the internet search forever).
    It would be smarter of him to drop the petty grudge. He hurts himself, I agree with you. What is accomplished?

I think it's just arrogance. He doesn't want to "admit" I'm in a position which is continually strengthening. No need for pointless bashing at all. But, this is simply the culture there and I can't change that. If he wants to keep going, it only hurts him.

It would be great to see some contrition. That takes a bigger man, not a smaller one.

I hope he's still willing to help me with my next upgrade
    If you have the money I think you're fine Click here to enlarge What is your platform?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    z4 3.0i (m54) TS2 to TS2+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    z4 3.0i (m54) TS2 to TS2+
    I'm sure they will help you out. If they don't over your post that's just insane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Please share the thread link here so I can view the lunacy
    I would but per norm, gayson deleted then banned half of the Chicago chat thread that you see now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 Click here to enlarge
    I would but per norm, gayson deleted then banned half of the Chicago chat thread that you see now.
    Damn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This isn't surprising in the least bit. About a year ago it got ugly with Rpi & Evolve with the E60 M5 on M5bo***. It was only a matter of time until others felt their presence diminish with Evolve's expanding success. I remember Rpi customers bashing Evolves de-cat race header as a clone of RPi's. Many of us laughed as it was complete common sense and not some ground breaking design. Not to mention Evolve had 3 headers to choose from at the time, then shortly after released their completely AMAZING tubular headers.

I can't even count how many PM's I've received from people asking about my Evolve-R Tune from my review. Out of all that said they ordered it not a single one has EVER given me negative feedback after their purchase. Most just PM thanking me for my advice.

As they say "the proof is in the pudding" Evolve has their stuff together and don't expect anyone in the BMW tuning game to like it.

-TZ
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are some very good BMW tuners out there. People act like there is only 1. There are some guys that can do some amazing things on certain motors.

Just look at what Nick G is doing with turbos on the stock E46 DME's for example. There is all kinds of stuff, no one company is the best at everything. Those act like they have to be... well, come to your own conclusion on that one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

I think every tune is essentially a retune. I mean... it came from the factory with a tune.
    BMW probably doesn't like that either. What they do about it, is cancel your warrenty.
    ESS can do the same.

But what I think ESS/Asbjorn is bothering, is that he feels that his tune is somewhat his copyright, and he thinks that Evolve is adapting it marginally and sells it as new/their own, and he thinks it's somewhat copyright infringement. And he can't do anything about it (hence it's not true or there were plenty legal ways). And he doesn't like that.
    But his tune is also a bmw adaptation so it's no different.
    Still if you think you're a premium supplier selling premium stuff, you should never react in this way. There can't come anything good out of such reactions, at least not anything commercially. Not the smartest move.Click here to enlarge
    Actually no. He knows we are perfectly capable of the tuning ourselves as we do alphaN on NA cars like the E39 M5, E60 M5 and E46 M3 way before any of this started. Then he also knows that if you can run alphaN on an NA car it is damn easy to make the calibration for a supercharged car ESPECIALLY if you know what size the injectors are and what boost it's going to make.
    HE KNOWS THIS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Wow. AJ strikes again.

Thanks Sticky for posting this. It just reaffirms my belief to never give another nickel to ESS.

No thanks.

HEY STICKY - Black out my name will ya!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Wow. AJ strikes again.

Thanks Sticky for posting this. It just reaffirms my belief to never give another nickel to ESS.

No thanks.
    I'll always post the stuff those that are bought off won't.

HEY STICKY - Black out my name will ya!?
    Can't tell if you are joking or not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't tell if you are joking or not?
    Not joking. Weirdos can find you! Last name at a minimum please. You can leave the Mike part! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not joking. Weirdos can find you! Last name at a minimum please. You can leave the Mike part! Click here to enlarge
    Ohhhh I thought you meant screenname. Ya, no problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Done.
    Thank you Joe.

Good stuff again. Lets hope those new to the BMW game read this prior to jumping to ESS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets hope those new to the BMW game read this prior to jumping to ESS.
    I'm not interested in influencing decisions on who to tune with as much as people being informed. I'm honestly interested in seeing a change in the manner ESS goes about their business. Basically, a culture a change which would benefit EVERYONE. If that doesn't take place, I hope everyone considering them sees this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not interested in influencing decisions on who to tune with as much as people being informed. I'm honestly interested in seeing a change in the manner ESS goes about their business. Basically, a culture a change which would benefit EVERYONE. If that doesn't take place, I hope everyone considering them sees this.
    This thread gives off the same vibe as the "S54 vs. S65" thread, that it just offers something some very interesting & worthwhile information that people will want to read up (whether they believe it or not); regardless of BB threads are banned over there, people will get wind of this thread

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This thread gives off the same vibe as the "S54 vs. S65" thread, that it just offers something some very interesting & worthwhile information that people will want to read up (whether they believe it or not); regardless of BB threads are banned over there, people will get wind of this thread
    BB being banned there doesn't matter as much as it used to. We've gone so far forward at this point they only hurt themselves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I hope ESS realize that as long as Evolve doesn't make an S54 Supercharger kit, they are still making money off Evolve's success. I read the threads on Evolve tuned ESS kits and I plan on going that route. Hence money for ESS. Now if Evolve released a $5000 kit, then Asbjorn should start worrying.

But there's something else here that I think Asbjorn fears too. There are owners of the ESS introductory kits (445/etc) that are sourcing their own components and Evolve tuning to upgrade the kits rather than spend an additional $2000 for some ESS hardware and a canned tune. That must undoubtedly hurt his bottom line a good amount. That's what I'd do. And let's not forget those who buy their kits used and then get the tuning from Evolve. Not a penny to ESS where they would usually at least make money off the new owner's retune.

Probably doesn't help that ESS competes with Evolve in NA tuning as well.

At the end of the day, I'd still look at buying ESS hardware though. I'm on the fence about ESS and VF. But I'd most likely get Evolve to help me take them to the next level when I'm ready for that. I've had great experience with Evolve so far and that makes me want to continue using them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Probably doesn't help that ESS competes with Evolve in NA tuning as well.
    Well it seems like Evolve is having success with every platform they touch. In fact, the 1st I had ever heard of Evolve was their work on the 1M (N54)

Since then, I've learned about their success with:

• S65 -- N/A tuning, valved exhaust system & air/air Rotrex S/C kit
    • S85 -- N/A tuning, valved exhaust system & long tube headers
    • S54 -- N/A tuning & Evolve CSL Intake
    • S62 -- N/A tuning, complete exhaust system, long tube headers & air/air Rotrex S/C kit (still in development)

Keep in mind, this is in addition to all the retuning they do for ESS kits & install on G-Power kits. Once they finish up the S62 supercharger, I honestly won't be surprised if they go after the F10 M5/F12 M6 & (once it's released) the F3x M3/M4.

To date, I have not heard a single complaint about Evolve's quality of craftmanship, results and customer service.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Benzy.

Just a small correction - S62 Supercharger kit is in production for some time now and running successfully on cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They do the tuning for RK SC kits for S62 as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast