Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NikB316 Click here to enlarge
    PROGRESS

Just wanted to post an update as I want to share as much information as possible throughout the transformation.

INTRO

Got a nice call from MaximumPSI today that they managed to get everything up and running! I am waiting for a couple replacement parts but the car is up and running. I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to MaximumPSI in Linden. Mike and his team are the best I have encountered performance wise and I am very happy to have them working on my car. They solved potential issues with ease and pointed out and corrected mistakes made by the install shop that put on the HKS kit with the previous owner. Some of the things the old shop did are VERY questionable and I am happy I got the upgrade done now so Mike had a chance to look through the entire setup. I don't like bad mouthing places but just a picture of my old intercooler should say enough. I will try to snap a shot when I pick up my car.

THE GOOD STUFF

Mike called to tell me that my car is running GREAT and is quite a beast on the street. He managed to clear the adaptions and get the beast on the dyno! However, his dyno is indeed a heartbreaking one. Akash's Generation 1 AA kit put down 460whp on the dyno there and then put down 515-525whp on a DynoJet. Everyone who has had their car on the dyno there reports the same heart break. I will be getting my car on a DynoJet once I get it back as my 18" Volk TE37SL are on their way! I have a set of 19" OEM 220M wheels on at the moment. Additionally, my oxygen sensor isn't working properly and is being replaced by MaximumPSI tomorrow. I might be able to get the car on the same dyno after getting the sensor installed but it may not work out time wise. On to the graph!

Attachment 26172

**Mikes Notes: "Ignore the squiggles at the end, that is from the dyno run measuring after we hit the limiter."

I am very happy with the results thus far and this is a very good indicator that the advertised figures are attainable. My previous kit was just under 440whp on this dyno with my 20" ADV1 5.1 Wheels on. I will continue to keep everyone posted with honest information and my driving impressions when I pickup the car. I will see a nice change as I will get to drive the car as is, then with the 18" Volks on and next week with the rear diff brace. A lot of fun stuff this month. I am considering some suspension work but we'll see as this month has been an expensive one...

Very nice man, also sounds like you are quite happy with Maximum PSI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reallllly hoping I can pick it up tomorrow! I think if its done by 1:00 I should be able to. Friday's weather is looking like 45-50 and sunny so that should be fun Click here to enlarge . Don't even start with Florida's weather Andrew lol. I remember when the women would bust out the fur coats when the cold front came in at 60 degrees!

I think ive only seen one day this year of 60.. Global warmingClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick Impressions:

Car drives AMAZING! I am about to step into LASIK and can't use computer or read until tomorrow but I will post more. 100% improvement over the old setup. The power is SO linear! I don't get that 4.5rpm bump! Will post more but AA and MPSI have not only met but exceeded my expectations!
    ​2014 F10 M5 Competition Alpine White / Sakhir Orange
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick Impressions:

Car drives AMAZING! I am about to step into LASIK and can't use computer or read until tomorrow but I will post more. 100% improvement over the old setup. The power is SO linear! I don't get that 4.5rpm bump! Will post more but AA and MPSI have not only met but exceeded my expectations!

Sounds like you are liking the kit Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i need to come up for a ride Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds awesome, any chance you can overlay your old dyno vs. the new one so we can see the difference in the area under the curve between the Rotrex & HKS blowers??
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Sounds awesome, any chance you can overlay your old dyno vs. the new one so we can see the difference in the area under the curve between the Rotrex & HKS blowers??
    This would be quite nice and interesting to see...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if you guys saw, but one of the Active guys got burned (comment delete & warning) today by Jason for participating in a non-AA thread. Naturally the ESS-bull$#@! followed

Attachment 26232
    Attachment 26233

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if you guys saw, but one of the Active guys got burned (comment delete & warning) today by Jason for participating in a non-AA thread. Naturally the ESS-bull$#@! followed

Attachment 26232
    Attachment 26233
    I'd tell him to fist himself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LOL! Jason sounds like a little high school b1tch that got finger banged one too many times by daddy...and mommy Click here to enlarge

Anyway, I should be able to do the overlay but I only have a screen shot of the new dyno and not the files. I have the viewer and original files but have yet to mess around with them. I'll tell Mike to email me the files instead of screenshots and I'll play around with it. Worst case I am seeing him Monday and I'll just have him do it real quick. Maybe get a quick dyno in there with my oxygen sensor on too.

I'm about to go for a nice drive running some errands. The only problem is that these oem 19s I borrowed are bald as hell in the back but even worse not balanced. Vibrating wheel from 70-90. Clocked 140 on the way back from MPSI yesterday and it was not only the quickest but by FAR the smoothest 140 I've done. Totally different car from the HKS kit. It also probably helps that maximum PSI did the work and checked out everything again. I really think the former shop in Maryland did a pretty bad job on the install. Here's a quick picture of the old intercooler and how they damaged it just to fit the oil pump instead of doing it properly:

Even worse they said my car had a small s/c leak before buying it and recommended replacing the waste gate diaphragm :/. Pic of recommendation letter:

***sorry pics too large. Will resize later. Any quick way to do this in laptop or pref ipad/iPhone? Seems like a common problem.
    Undercover Custom Downpipes & Connector. BMS Stage 1. IND Cosmetics. OEM CF Perf Spoiler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    LM,
    i am planning on dropping my car off to Rick Sunday night for Tuesday night pickup. If you are local we can definitely meet up!

Sticky,
    i can't say enough good things about MaximumPSI. I think the fact that they stick to performance related stuff and not wheels, lights etc. really helps. I usually a bit nervous having anyone work on my stuff but I would trust any of my cars with Mike. He has earned my business for life. The owner being the expert and working hands on in the shop says wonders. There is never any miscommunication, etc.

Benzy,
    Will definitely get that dyno stuff. I went to MPSI last minute today and just forgot. I'll see if I have time today to mess around with the software as I have a Mac now and need to get VMware,

Now on to my post copied from elsewhere...

Sooo I managed to get to MaximumPSI for a really quick visit after getting the O2 sensor replaced and adaptions cleared. Car ran like a consistent champ! Same numbers but there was no small dip in the middle of the curve we were sometimes getting prior to the sensor being replaced. We also didn't get the new filter in as my current one is old and crushed! I'm going to try to pop in there Tuesday to get the new filter and other pieces on and see if it makes a difference. I'll also be on the Volks by then and will empty my trunk which has all the old s/c kit in it....whoops :/ $#@!s kind of heavy! My plan from there is to go to a dynojet so we can also see the difference between the two dynos on the same day.

I plan on typing up a nice detailed report of my driving impressions and all in the next few days but lets just say the kit has exceeded my expectations. I will include dynos from each day in my report as the more information the better for everyone. My car is totally different and feels like an OEM rocket! I think Active has hit a home run with this kit. Anyone around my area looking for a test drive just hit me up! If I was in a buyers shoes I would love to be able to drive the kits to see the pros and cons to determine what would be best for me! We are an M3 community after all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No immediate rush with those dyno overlays, I'd just like to see where the Rotrex is outshining the HKS superchargers. Where are you getting dyno'd??? I'm chilling home for right now and a supercharged S65 is an ideal "excuse" to get out of the house. Def be interested to feel how the powerband compares to a Vortech supercharged S65 (ESS/VF Engineering)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM,
    i am planning on dropping my car off to Rick Sunday night for Tuesday night pickup. If you are local we can definitely meet up!

Sticky,
    i can't say enough good things about MaximumPSI. I think the fact that they stick to performance related stuff and not wheels, lights etc. really helps. I usually a bit nervous having anyone work on my stuff but I would trust any of my cars with Mike. He has earned my business for life. The owner being the expert and working hands on in the shop says wonders. There is never any miscommunication, etc.

Benzy,
    Will definitely get that dyno stuff. I went to MPSI last minute today and just forgot. I'll see if I have time today to mess around with the software as I have a Mac now and need to get VMware,

Now on to my post copied from elsewhere...

Sooo I managed to get to MaximumPSI for a really quick visit after getting the O2 sensor replaced and adaptions cleared. Car ran like a consistent champ! Same numbers but there was no small dip in the middle of the curve we were sometimes getting prior to the sensor being replaced. We also didn't get the new filter in as my current one is old and crushed! I'm going to try to pop in there Tuesday to get the new filter and other pieces on and see if it makes a difference. I'll also be on the Volks by then and will empty my trunk which has all the old s/c kit in it....whoops :/ $#@!s kind of heavy! My plan from there is to go to a dynojet so we can also see the difference between the two dynos on the same day.

I plan on typing up a nice detailed report of my driving impressions and all in the next few days but lets just say the kit has exceeded my expectations. I will include dynos from each day in my report as the more information the better for everyone. My car is totally different and feels like an OEM rocket! I think Active has hit a home run with this kit. Anyone around my area looking for a test drive just hit me up! If I was in a buyers shoes I would love to be able to drive the kits to see the pros and cons to determine what would be best for me! We are an M3 community after all.
    im not TOO local to him, bt ill see what i can do... im definitly eager to see your beast and get some time behind it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Benzy,
    I'm probably going to shoot for Wednesday for some more dynos. I'll keep you posted. Very busy with some business closings until March 1st then my schedule will be more predictable.

LM,
    I forgot what town you live in. Let me know or shoot me a text if you don't want to post it.

I don't know how useful this old dyno is but its one of the screen shots I have. This is when I first picked up the car and the previous owner didn't do crap dyno wise to notice that it wasn't running too well. Active tweaked the software and I got to about 440whp and I think 290tq? The car still probably had some power missing possibly from some shortcut installations and also my 20" ADV didn't help I'm sure.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Attachment 26232
    Attachment 26233
    I actually got 2 infractions but hey who is counting Click here to enlarge I guess some do not like that I disagree with Ess on their comment of being a top pioneer in the Bmw community. (dinan 1979 , Active 1981) Click here to enlarge

We lost Mike benvo (ban) and I think m3an.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    I actually got 2 infractions but hey who is counting Click here to enlarge I guess some do not like that I disagree with Ess on their comment of being a top pioneer in the Bmw community. (dinan 1979 , Active 1981) Click here to enlarge

We lost Mike benvo (ban) and I think m3an.
    WTF?! It was in a tune thread and you threw your hat in the ring, but that got you 2 infractions and a vendor warning?? And what the $#@! happened to Benvo? I saw one of the ESS fanboys is sporting a "Warning: Don't Let Benvo Tune Your M3, He'll Hurt Your Engine + Wallet" pic in his sig, but b/c he's in their camp there's no warning.

They're running a sinking ship over there, $#@! 'em

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Benvo got banned for standing up to Roman@ESS. He gets banned and ess gets nothing as usual. I think a nice Pm before banning a long paying vendor is what should happen.

Anyway Back on topic. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn miss out on all the fun...need to go read the thread but all the good post will be deleted.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol.

m3post.. karma is a $#@! Click here to enlarge

anways, nik, i live about an hour away from defiv, either way, ill be meeting you very shortly im sure

Looks like some REALLY fantastic power is bing made with the rotrex. I think everything is in your favor, wheels and cooler air, proper install, but still, thats a huge jump. Id be willing to bet its almost like going from N/A to S/C for the first time again.

AAaaaaaand that curve is super smooth. gotta love Active for that. Like i said before, AK's AA car always felt better than OEM,silky smooth power.. especially compared to mine with the jerky on/off throttling..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol.

m3post.. karma is a $#@! Click here to enlarge

anways, nik, i live about an hour away from defiv, either way, ill be meeting you very shortly im sure

Looks like some REALLY fantastic power is bing made with the rotrex. I think everything is in your favor, wheels and cooler air, proper install, but still, thats a huge jump. Id be willing to bet its almost like going from N/A to S/C for the first time again.

AAaaaaaand that curve is super smooth. gotta love Active for that. Like i said before, AK's AA car always felt better than OEM,silky smooth power.. especially compared to mine with the jerky on/off throttling..

Oh that's normal..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Oh that's normal..
    normal for some..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    normal for some..
    lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    where can i find the m3post drama? popcorn ready. lonnnnnnng day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    where can i find the m3post drama? popcorn ready. lonnnnnnng day.
    Just look for a thread with ESS fanboys in it Click here to enlarge I copied the stuff from this thread (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800872), but I was gonna look in some of the Mike Benvo tune threads to see if they've started bashing him yet.

The Devils are already up 1-0 over the Flyers so I have a feeling it'll be a good nite

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks! What a joke over there.

On another note, I bought my car with the dinan middle racing exhaust and active rear. I hardly come across anyone with this setup. Is there anything bad about the dinan middle that I should consider replacing it? It's a full catless setup so it shouldn't matter, correct?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast