Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by knissel Click here to enlarge
    How effective do you guys think a single turbo kit from Vishnu would be for a 335xi 2008? I have not been able to find an instance of one yet. I see videos of 335i single turbo having a lot of launch issues and I was thinking it would be awesome to see that setup installed on AWD? THOUGHTS?
    We don't know how well the Vishnu works with a regular 335i lol
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

How effective do you guys think a single turbo kit from Vishnu would be for a 335xi 2008? I have not been able to find an instance of one yet. I see videos of 335i single turbo having a lot of launch issues and I was thinking it would be awesome to see that setup installed on AWD? THOUGHTS?
    I spoke with them a few months ago and they did not have a kit for the XI at that time..
    have you contacted them lately?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Welcome.

Launch issues are really traction limited once you eliminate weaknesses in the driveline for the rear wheel drive cars.

We won't know everything until we see an xi with the setup. I'd wait until the other have the kinks worked out though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I wonder how much timing this Protuner is running on that mix lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Junior did it - he's no newbie when it comes to tuning. He has been tuning 8-9 second STis and GTRs longer then most major shops have been in business. Click here to enlarge You are in good hands.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Interesting results.

Keep in mind when you tested the JB4 setup the dyno was not working properly so the results there with the dyno recording noise are not overly useful for comparison to a properly run dyno, IMHO. But just as a general comment it's easy to throw the car on the dyno and crank up advance and/or boost until it makes a certain amount of power. You can also custom tune the JB4 setup to achieve the same results. The issue is what happens on the road with timing recovery during shifts, etc. Which is why we've set it the way we have by default.
    You can also manipulate the sensors and altitude corrections to fudge numbers. Not saying this is what happened but its easily done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    You can also manipulate the sensors and altitude corrections to fudge numbers. Not saying this is what happened but its easily done.
    I doubt anyone would really do that, but clearly something is wrong with the JB4 dyno looking at the chart.

If he had the dynojet DRF file he could plot by speed instead of RPM to see if its a simple tach pickup issue. If he had a JB4 log we could ensure that all looked normal. But it's not a big deal either way. As I said it's easy to sit on a dyno and punch in whatever boost and timing you want to hit a certain power number. The catch with automatics is what happens to timing as soon as it shifts from 3->4. Dealing with the flatline has been dictating what we do on the flash tuning lately. But work continues on that front! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I doubt anyone would really do that, but clearly something is wrong with the JB4 dyno looking at the chart.

If he had the dynojet DRF file he could plot by speed instead of RPM to see if its a simple tach pickup issue. If he had a JB4 log we could ensure that all looked normal. But it's not a big deal either way. As I said it's easy to sit on a dyno and punch in whatever boost and timing you want to hit a certain power number. The catch with automatics is what happens to timing as soon as it shifts from 3->4. Dealing with the flatline has been dictating what we do on the flash tuning lately. But work continues on that front! Click here to enlarge
    Glad to see after 2 years you finally see it my way in that it wasn't octane related.

Power on the dyno means nothing if you cant make it in the real world due to external tuning issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

OP - Did you have time this weekend to get some logs?
    For Sale:

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    We will soon find out... My '07 e90 xi (MT) is with fftec now getting the kit. Should have more information + results in the coming weeks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    We will soon find out... My '07 e90 xi (MT) is with fftec now getting the kit. Should have more information + results in the coming weeks.
    Welcome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks, glad to be expanding my work-avoidance opportunities

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Sweet and welcome, we def look forward to some real world results..!!
    Not many XI guys out there making big power.. I have a 6AT and waiting for some advancement on the software side (TCU) before I add bigger turbo's or nitrous..
    For Sale:

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Loved the vid- I can't tell you how many hours my WRX spent on that very same dyno over the years.

I'm thinking of strapping my xi onto it to test out the E50 map I'm running with just a DCI.

FWIW, if the dyno settings are the same as they've always been, this dyno was considered average-reading in the Subaru world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Any progress on your build?
    For Sale:

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, a full install thread will be coming soon, but here's the current update:

I was basically stock save for a procede before starting this, so there was a lot to do, but everything is in (turbo, DPs, FMIC, new clutch, exhaust, meth system, etc), they are getting the clutch broken in hopefully by today and expect to get it on the dyno in the next few days. From there it will be tuning time and I should get it back just in time to drive it for a day or two before a week and a half vacation, so driving feel review and real world numbers will likely be held up by travel plans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12