Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Should i? AA exhaust for 500-700$?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if you all think this is worth it, this is an offer that someone made me.
    The deal is:
    -AA Exhaust for somewhere between 500-700$ + my stock exhaust
    -drive about 1.5 - 2 hours to get to it
    -either take a jack/stands and switch it out with his help or go to a muffler shop and split the cost

I have 3"Catless AA DPs + stock CB right now, and am wondering if you all think the trade/money/time is worth it. Will AA exhaust be very raspy with catless DPs? The AA exhaust is rather tame as it is to begin with.

PS- I installed my DPs this past weekend and am loving it. Ill throw up a review sometime soon Click here to enlarge

-Eric
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Why not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not?
    Idk, for the same money i could buy half of a set of BC coilovers or a VRSF intercooler. I love exhaust though... I need direction Click here to enlarge lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    Idk, for the same money i could buy half of a set of BC coilovers or a VRSF intercooler. I love exhaust though... I need direction Click here to enlarge lol
    You're all over the place. So buy them all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

i would consider the coilovers or intercooler over exhaust, but that being said for the price of the exhaust seems like a good deal. why not try to find someone local with the same exhaust and hear for yourself before you make the drive.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

On the 335, the exhaust yields very low performance gains (like 5-10 WHP at best) when combined with stock turbos. It would make the most sense to 1st get a quality FMIC, coilovers & any other mods you want before an exhaust.

IF you plan on upgrading your turbos (Vargas Stage 2s or 3s), then a 3" DP-back exhaust makes sense to eliminate any exhaust gas restrictions. But until you get to those performance levels, the DP-back exhaust is more for sound than anything else.

It is a steal (~$1k less than brand new) & AA builds top quality $#@!, but I think you need to decide what additional mods you're gonna make to your car & if it's necessary to even mod the exhaust.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

If it's a steal then do it as you may not be able to replicate the deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

no, just because it was overpriced to begin with doesn't make it a deal now.

VRSF single for the price
    HPF gen 2 for just a bad ass piece.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    no, just because it was overpriced to begin with doesn't make it a deal now.

VRSF single for the price
    HPF gen 2 for just a bad ass piece.
    The AA actually sounds good & is fairly priced for a full exhaust system (Eisenman is over $2k for the axle back section) -- The current VRSF exhaust isn't anything special sound wise & the HPF is basically ear bleeding loud.

OP -- I'm not sure what you think about the Agency Power full exhaust, but it's $900 brand new
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The AA actually sounds good & is fairly priced for a full exhaust system (Eisenman is over $2k for the axle back section) -- The current VRSF exhaust isn't anything special sound wise & the HPF is basically ear bleeding loud.

OP -- I'm not sure what you think about the Agency Power full exhaust, but it's $900 brand new
    http://youtu.be/ETGMe4tDhVg
    sound is all subjective, weight is not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    On the 335, the exhaust yields very low performance gains (like 5-10 WHP at best) when combined with stock turbos. It would make the most sense to 1st get a quality FMIC, coilovers & any other mods you want before an exhaust.

IF you plan on upgrading your turbos (Vargas Stage 2s or 3s), then a 3" DP-back exhaust makes sense to eliminate any exhaust gas restrictions. But until you get to those performance levels, the DP-back exhaust is more for sound than anything else.

It is a steal (~$1k less than brand new) & AA builds top quality $#@!, but I think you need to decide what additional mods you're gonna make to your car & if it's necessary to even mod the exhaust.
    Ill be on stock turbos for quite a while. I plan on keeping the car a long time, and im an exhaust whore (stock isnt loud enough). Ill be FBO eventually and then Stage 3 turbos once im out of college and got a financial footing outside of part-time jobs lol
    Click here to enlarge