Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Month Trip to Germany

I am heading to Berlin for 4-6 weeks for work and am looking for some advice.

First off, I am looking at getting a prepaid SIM for my off contract Nexus 4. What is the best company and best way to go about getting it? I was debating getting a T-Mobile SIM here in the states but it seams they rape you on calls compared to if you buy the card in Germany. Is there a better option?

Second, as I will be in Berlin for several weekends can anyone recommend some other cities or countries to hit for a weekend trip? I will have a car so I can drive but I can also take a train. Recommendations inside Berlin are welcomed as well as I will be spending a lot of time in the city itself.

Thanks for the help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who are our German and European guys that can help with this?

@DavidV @alpinedevil335

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry alpinedevil I was thinking of another alpine name I think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LoL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Munich if you can -- Hofbrauhaus (little touristy, but it's fun just to go) and the BMW HQ. If you can (and want), I'd look into BMW On Demand & see if you can rent a new M5/M6 and burn it up on the Autobahn.

If you're into history, Berchtesgaden & the "Eagle's Nest" was pretty cool to see. Salzburg isn't that far from there, can see some castles & check out the Augustiner Biergarten there. Can also see all of King Ludwig's Castles: Linderhof, Hohenschwangau & Neuschwanstein (commonly known as Cinderella's Castle).

If you're really wanna make it a car junkie trip, you can also check out Porsche + Mercedes factories, the Nurburgring, and various car museums.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Munich if you can -- Hofbrauhaus (little touristy, but it's fun just to go) and the BMW HQ. If you can (and want), I'd look into BMW On Demand & see if you can rent a new M5/M6 and burn it up on the Autobahn.

If you're into history, Berchtesgaden & the "Eagle's Nest" was pretty cool to see. Salzburg isn't that far from there, can see some castles & check out the Augustiner Biergarten there. Can also see all of King Ludwig's Castles: Linderhof, Hohenschwangau & Neuschwanstein (commonly known as Cinderella's Castle).

If you're really wanna make it a car junkie trip, you can also check out Porsche + Mercedes factories, the Nurburgring, and various car museums.

Thanks for the tips. I plan to do the Tour when I make it to Munich. Its a little far from Berlin for a weekend (plus there are no tours on the weekend) so I am going to take some time to head down there when I am done with work. I had not heard of the BMW on Demand, I will look into that and see if I have the time. Looks like renting an M5/M6 would only be 70Eu/hr.

I will look into those.

Unfortuantely, I dont think I will have time to make it to Mercedes or Porsche.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the tips. I plan to do the Tour when I make it to Munich. Its a little far from Berlin for a weekend (plus there are no tours on the weekend) so I am going to take some time to head down there when I am done with work. I had not heard of the BMW on Demand, I will look into that and see if I have the time. Looks like renting an M5/M6 would only be 70Eu/hr.
    Guess you found the link on your own, but just in case: http://www-1.bmw-welt.com/web_rb/bmw.../overview.html

You can rent the car up to a month in advance, so if you plan on doing an M car I'd highly recommend you jump on the internet & do it before you go to make sure you don't have to "settle" for something else.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna