Close

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Someone's negging for the hell of it, it seems. I got you @nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge

Thanks. I hope to be able to rep one day, too, but at the rate I'm going....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Crown is just fine fwiw. It's a staple in my bar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Crown is just fine fwiw. It's a staple in my bar.

Crown 'n Coke is quite good. I just tend to forget there's alcohol in them until it's too late....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    Crown 'n Coke is quite good. I just tend to forget there's alcohol in them until it's too late....
    That is the fun part.

I like my girls like I like my whiskey. Aged 12 years and mixed up with coke. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

This one really is all that it is cracked up to be. Best all-rounder I've tasted yet, by quite a long shot. Ignore the price of admission; you won't regret it.

If you like a super smokey and peaty scotch, Peat Monster Reserve delivers better than any other I've tasted. Greatly preferred to the usual Oban, etc.

I always keep a 1.75 of Woodford in the cabinet...ironic since I collect Maker's bottles (unopened), but never keep any for drinking. Also love High West's Rendezvous Rye...picked up 2 cases of it right before they ran out. Shockingly impressive for the price. I've lately begun dabbling in white whiskeys...I'd highly reccommend checking some out for a completely different road to travel down. Buffalo Trace White Dog #1 and High West Silver are two great places to start.

Also just cracked open a bottle of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban; one of the best new scotches I've had in a while (in a market that becomes increasingly saturated by the day), it has a rich smoothness that is no doubt accentuated by the port casks in which it is aged.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    Also just cracked open a bottle of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban; one of the best new scotches I've had in a while (in a market that becomes increasingly saturated by the day), it has a rich smoothness that is no doubt accentuated by the port casks in which it is aged.
    +1, but I like the Lasanta just a hair better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

+1, but I like the Lasanta just a hair better.
    That just moved to the top of the Scotch buy list; will have to try it. I got the Artein when I got the Quinta Ruban, and I liked the Quinta better than the Artein...didn't see that one coming.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I haven't seen anyone mention Redbreast either. One of the most authentic Whiskys around...pure pot still goodness.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@DefactoM6, that series of Glenmorangie has absolutely amazed me. I'm relatively new to the world of Scotch (~8 years), but in the beginning, my tastes ran rather expensive. Macallan 18, @ $150/bottle, was the cheapest fit I could find. After a while, I made it my mission to find good bottles under $75. Glenmorangie gave me 4 (Lasanta, Quinta Ruban, Nector d'Or, and Finealta). Finealta busted the limit by a few dollars, but was still under $100. Unfortunately, I can't find the Finealta around here any more and I have maybe two fingers left.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Definitely should try this one. Absolutely delicious, and it runs ~$30/bottle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Another great single-barrel for ~ $30.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I haven't seen anyone mention Redbreast either. One of the most authentic Whiskys around...pure pot still goodness.
    Seen it on the shelf a few times but never took the leap. What's it like?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

If you like a super smokey and peaty scotch, Peat Monster Reserve delivers better than any other I've tasted. Greatly preferred to the usual Oban, etc.
    $60 isn't a bad price for a good bottle. It should be here monday. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

@DefactoM6 , that series of Glenmorangie has absolutely amazed me. I'm relatively new to the world of Scotch (~8 years), but in the beginning, my tastes ran rather expensive. Macallan 18, @ $150/bottle, was the cheapest fit I could find. After a while, I made it my mission to find good bottles under $75. Glenmorangie gave me 4 (Lasanta, Quinta Ruban, Nector d'Or, and Finealta). Finealta busted the limit by a few dollars, but was still under $100. Unfortunately, I can't find the Finealta around here any more and I have maybe two fingers left.
    @nawlinstornado....<3 Finealta, didn't realize they stopped making it; I might be able to arrange something, gotta make a call.

As for redbreast, for starters, AFAIK, it's still the only whisky currently on sale that is made in a pure pot still, which is what drew me in initially. I personally prefer the 12 to the 15, as the flavors are much more prominent and complex than the 15, IMHO. As for what it's like, it's a sweet, vanilla-y nose that continues through the sip. It sips super smooth, with the aforementioned sweet vanilla notes, along with some really nice nutty hints, and it finishes smooth and spicy. It's perfect to sit down with after a day at work.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Another great single-barrel for ~ $30.
    I can attest that it is indeed delicious.

But where did you get it for $30? I saw that one around the $45/bottle range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

@Torgus, let me know what you honestly think! Did you get the Peat Monster, or the Reserve? Apparently the bottling continues to evolve, and I had one of the Magnum Reserves
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

@Torgus , let me know what you honestly think! Did you get the Peat Monster, or the Reserve? Apparently the bottling continues to evolve, and I had one of the Magnum Reserves

This one: http://www.amazon.com/Compass-Peat-M...onster+Reserve

I love super peaty and smokey scotch after a good meal or with cigars.

I will let you know what I think. Thanks again for the suggestion. If it is as good as you say I can't wait to share it with some of my buddies who like scotch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    I can attest that it is indeed delicious.

But where did you get it for $30? I saw that one around the $45/bottle range.
    Virginia ABC Liquor store.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Thanks. I hope to be able to rep one day, too, but at the rate I'm going....
    You're going very well especially with your Mercedes posts. You keep posting good content and you'll be bumped up practically overnight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Tonight, after a $#@!ty day at work im on the Grants oak cask, this bottle is gonna take a beating tonight.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Drinking mostly bourbon. Not too much straight up or on the rocks, I like a little mixer (not too much) either sour or coke. Favorite Bourbon is Woodford Reserve.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rob Beck Turbos, PROcede Rev. 3, Procede Fueling Flash (via OpenFlash Tablet), PPS Methanol System (DO12/Aquamist Flow Sensor), DCI, Quaife LSD, BMW Performance Suspension, Autobahn Exotics Exhaust, Helix FMIC, AR Design Downpipes, BSH Catch Can, Forge Diverter Valves, P3cars Vent Boost Gauge, Alufelgen CSL Reps, Lux 5.1 H8 Angel Eyes, HPB HID Fogs, LTBMW M3 Side Skirts, BMW M3 Rear Spoiler, BMW Front Aero Lip, BMW Pedal Kit, BMW M Shift Knob, Autotecknic Matte Black Grilles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scottp999 Click here to enlarge
    Drinking mostly bourbon. Not too much straight up or on the rocks, I like a little mixer (not too much) either sour or coke. Favorite Bourbon is Woodford Reserve.
    Yeah...that's good.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I'm still amazed you guys see such a big difference in this stuff.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm still amazed you guys see such a big difference in this stuff.
    I was the same way for a while, particularly with Scotch. Unfortunately, I had only tried Johnny Walker and a few other brands - none of them excited me. Then a friend educated me a bit and I learned I had experienced less than 1% of the available varieties. We talked about my preferences for a while and then he had me sample a few based on our discussion. Lo' and behold, I found some that were absolutely delicious. Since that day, I have been on a whisky adventure.

If you want to learn more about Scotch or other whisky, tastings are a lot of fun and give you a chance to try a wide variety of flavors. Then you can focus on particular areas-of-interest with your own collection.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If you want to learn more about Scotch or other whisky, tastings are a lot of fun and give you a chance to try a wide variety of flavors.
    Forgot to mention, there is usually a decent selection of hotties at these events. Some are educated, cultured ladies genuinely interested in whisky; others are looking for wealthy men to hang out with. Either way, great hunting environment.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast