Close

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 898
  1. #276
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Whiskey pancakes? I can get into that.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #277
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Points
    2,166.9
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    I remember when Sticky disliked whiskey/scotch. Glad you finally caved into the dark side.

    Friend picked up a bottle of Oban 18 and it was delicious. So smooth.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I remember when Sticky disliked whiskey/scotch. Glad you finally caved into the dark side.

    Friend picked up a bottle of Oban 18 and it was delicious. So smooth.
    I don't know what I was thinking. I just never tried good whiskey before I guess. I'm loving this stuff. The buzz from it is different too. Very mellow, very happy.

    This $#@! is glorious. I'm already all out and I had a good amount of whiskey when last week started...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107
    Rep Points
    482.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know what I was thinking. I just never tried good whiskey before I guess. I'm loving this stuff. The buzz from it is different too. Very mellow, very happy.

    This $#@! is glorious. I'm already all out and I had a good amount of whiskey when last week started...
    I can see why you said it. I was the same and I had tried a few. Someone told me its like smoking you got too keep at it and push past the pain! They were right I think most people have a dislike for it at first. Trouble is when u do have a taste for it there are hundreds to try.

    someone else said they all taste the same again I thought that at first too how wrong I was on that one too!
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kev335i Click here to enlarge
    Trouble is when u do have a taste for it there are hundreds to try.
    This is a good problem to have. I've been researching a ton lately and reading up. Hell I'm practically ready to open up my own distillery.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kev335i Click here to enlarge
    someone else said they all taste the same again I thought that at first too how wrong I was on that one too!
    You live, you grow, you learn.

    I'm going to take some time off from Whiskey but my next trip to the store will have me coming back with some epic bottles. Just a few I've been thinking of:

    Oban 14
    Highland Park 12
    Macallan Fine Oak 15
    Laphroaiag 10

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #281
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Points
    2,166.9
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is a good problem to have. I've been researching a ton lately and reading up. Hell I'm practically ready to open up my own distillery.



    You live, you grow, you learn.

    I'm going to take some time off from Whiskey but my next trip to the store will have me coming back with some epic bottles. Just a few I've been thinking of:

    Oban 14
    Highland Park 12
    Macallan Fine Oak 15
    Laphroaiag 10
    Step your game up.

    Oban 18
    Highland Park 18

    I've had both of these recently and they are well worth it.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  7. #282
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Step your game up.

    Oban 18
    Highland Park 18

    I've had both of these recently and they are well worth it.
    I don't know if I'm there yet for older Scotches. They have more taste but almost too much if that makes sense. My palate enjoys the younger scotches for now.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Flexing in the mirror
    Posts
    471
    Rep Points
    883.5
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know if I'm there yet for older Scotches. They have more taste but almost too much if that makes sense. My palate enjoys the younger scotches for now.
    Some older scotches aren't as smooth as their 12 years IMO. Macallan is a good example. The 12 year is always in my cabinet, the 18 is just a bit too harsh.
    Oban tastes a bit too "ammoniumY" to me. A couple of ice cubes usually gives it a good finish but I prefer those flavor scotches in cold climate situations. Just back to the cabin on a cold night and it's perfect.

    The beauty of whiskey/bourbon/scotch is there is a flavor for everyones palate.
    -Modified safety triangle in trunk
    -Carbon fiber key overlay
    PLANNED MODS
    -Wheel spacers

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R.G. Click here to enlarge
    Some older scotches aren't as smooth as their 12 years IMO. Macallan is a good example. The 12 year is always in my cabinet, the 18 is just a bit too harsh.
    Oban tastes a bit too "ammoniumY" to me. A couple of ice cubes usually gives it a good finish but I prefer those flavor scotches in cold climate situations. Just back to the cabin on a cold night and it's perfect.

    The beauty of whiskey/bourbon/scotch is there is a flavor for everyones palate.
    I agree with this completely. I guess I was a bit naive but I thought the 18 would be better as I equated it with the price. Well, I preferred the 12 and the 18 was exactly as you described it which is too harsh. The 12 is perfect for me and it's a benefit that it is cheaper.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    250
    Rep Points
    493.2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

    Dalwhinnie is decent too! Balvenie next :-)

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Lagavulin 16 is nice but pretty intense. The Macallan 12 just is so much smoother.

    Looks like a nice collection though.

    Did you post that from your cell phone?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    250
    Rep Points
    493.2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Yup. Took the shot holding the phone up and its uploaded like that

    I must have a bad Macallan bottle. Or maybe I need to get the regular nit the sherry oak one as I thought its the strongest sip I've experienced sibfar; thus the disklike

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
    Took the shot holding the phone up and its uploaded like that
    POS uploader... argh I hate it.

    Why do I have to hire people to fix this $#@!ing software's problems? Seriously. It's like going to a restaurant and needing to bring my own chef.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Houston
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Points
    1,639.5
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Yes Reputation No
    While we're on that subject- If I'm replying to a post and I change the color/font/size- I can type a few characters before it goes "back" to where I started....
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    While we're on that subject- If I'm replying to a post and I change the color/font/size- I can type a few characters before it goes "back" to where I started....
    What are you posting from?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Houston
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Points
    1,639.5
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Yes Reputation No
    desktop/ipad/phone/makes-no-difference and chrome or safari
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    desktop/ipad/phone/makes-no-difference and chrome or safari
    Whenever you change the font it does that?

    I'm changing the font right now, no problem. Changing the size too. Changing color.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North Houston
    Posts
    1,295
    Rep Points
    1,639.5
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Whenever you change the font it does that?

    I'm changing the font right now, no problem.ype and it will revert back when i hit backspace. ill start to tpChanging the size too.nd use the back space button.here, let me change the font size aChanging color.po- let me back up to.... yup back to the beginning where I started with the font/color/size sentance....- so, let me contuinue- whoops ty

    see what I'm talking about?
    sing the backspace button and it goes to the beginning of the sentence. change the size, and back up for a typo u

    That was "change the size, and back up for a typo u"
    I pressed backspace on the "s" of "using" and it goes to the beginning of the sentence.
    this gets put in front of it "sing the backspace button and it goes to the beginning of the sentence."
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    see what I'm talking about?
    sing the backspace button and it goes to the beginning of the sentence. change the size, and back up for a typo u

    That was "change the size, and back up for a typo u"
    I pressed backspace on the "s" of "using" and it goes to the beginning of the sentence.
    this gets put in front of it "sing the backspace button and it goes to the beginning of the sentence."
    Let me give this a shot. Trying it now hmmm ok new size backspace now ok now it did it. Changed font backspace

    Ok I see what you mean. I don't know what is causing that but I'm ready to cry.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    see what I'm talking about?
    sing the backspace button and it goes to the beginning of the sentence. change the size, and back up for a typo u

    That was "change the size, and back up for a typo u"
    I pressed backspace on the "s" of "using" and it goes to the beginning of the sentence.
    this gets put in front of it "sing the backspace button and it goes to the beginning of the sentence."
    Here's what Vbulletin's wonderful support that has been aware of this bug since 2012 has to say:

    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Found this hiding in the wine cellar today, anyone ever heard of it?

    Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Had to try it. It's pretty tasty and fairly intense although smooth and malty. It doesn't quite have the finesse of a Macallan 12 but there is a lot of taste here.

    Would I buy it? No. Will I drink it? Yes.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    107
    Rep Points
    482.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Found this hiding in the wine cellar today, anyone ever heard of it?

    Click here to enlarge
    Heard of the special edition ones some are like 200 gbp so $300 odd dollars http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/twe....aspx?q=dimple
    never had any of them though.
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,461
    Rep Points
    32,150.5
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kev335i Click here to enlarge
    Heard of the special edition ones some are like 200 gbp so $300 odd dollars http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/twe....aspx?q=dimple
    never had any of them though.
    It's ok stuff. I like it but not crazy about it or anything.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •