Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E60 M5 V10 and in-town performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ive actually been car shopping and found a 2009 E60 M5 and a 2010 C63 AMG.. Test drove both. M5 has a lot of great features, like the heads up display, fold in mirrors, headlights that turn with steering, side bolsters move with steering wheel, heated/ AC seats, etc. The SMG wasnt as bad as most make it out to be, around town light throttle shifting is slow, which is a little annoying, but from a start to moving, its nice and smooth. Power is GREAT! and the WOT SMG shifting is soooo badass. Its a good size family sedan, and I think its great for DD aswell. It nice and roomy and is fast as hell. Feels really special, handles great aswell. The car im looking at still has full warranty and is CPO so im not too worried, plus its a late 2009 so most of the kinks are worked out. My cousin has a E55, and after 5 years and 35K miles, he hasn't had much serious issues. One side of the air suspension went bad, oil level sensor bad, AC control went bad, tire air sensors went bad, brake sensor went bad, Gas line and pump went bad aswell,that was a $2K fix, and his intercooler pump went bad. Nothing major but some things, and he drives his car hard. TZ04XJR knows his stuff, he has helped me with advice on the E60 M5. I also went and test drove a C63 today aswell, but doesn't have many features at all, has a harsh ride, and is very small. Seats are tight and no much adjustability. Its mostly focused on its engine.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

TZ04XJR is offline Member
    tax it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive actually been car shopping and found a 2009 E60 M5 and a 2010 C63 AMG.. Test drove both. M5 has a lot of great features, like the heads up display, fold in mirrors, headlights that turn with steering, side bolsters move with steering wheel, heated/ AC seats, etc. The SMG wasnt as bad as most make it out to be, around town light throttle shifting is slow, which is a little annoying, but from a start to moving, its nice and smooth. Power is GREAT! and the WOT SMG shifting is soooo badass. Its a good size family sedan, and I think its great for DD aswell. It nice and roomy and is fast as hell. Feels really special, handles great aswell. The car im looking at still has full warranty and is CPO so im not too worried, plus its a late 2009 so most of the kinks are worked out. My cousin has a E55, and after 5 years and 35K miles, he hasn't had much serious issues. One side of the air suspension went bad, oil level sensor bad, AC control went bad, tire air sensors went bad, brake sensor went bad, Gas line and pump went bad aswell,that was a $2K fix, and his intercooler pump went bad. Nothing major but some things, and he drives his car hard. TZ04XJR knows his stuff, he has helped me with advice on the E60 M5. I also went and test drove a C63 today aswell, but doesn't have many features at all, has a harsh ride, and is very small. Seats are tight and no much adjustability. Its mostly focused on its engine.
    I appreciate the compliment! Honestly the SMG is great IMO. It makes the car so much fun to drive and can be operated very smoothly once you figure it out. I drive in traffic frequently in Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio in the M and have NEVER said to myself I wish I were in another car. Some may say I'm biased since I own one, but for under 50k I think the E60 M5 is the best sports sedan you can buy if your a true enthusiast. I've shopped everything under 60k and still haven't found anything I'll trade my M for.. And that's with all the issues I've had. I still love it like it were new to me. Click here to enlarge

-TZ

I think I've posted this here? A little US Spec Launch Control 0-130 mph run on the Evolve Tune w/ 8600 RPM rev limit.. I shifted into 2nd a little early but it was still a good pull Click here to enlarge

*TURN IT TO HD*

E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior, Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

P500s S6 DSC OFF- ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.. Unless it's wet out
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1422 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    I appreciate the compliment! Honestly the SMG is great IMO. It makes the car so much fun to drive and can be operated very smoothly once you figure it out.
    Complaints about it are blown out of proportion. I love it.

tax it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Complaints about it are blown out of proportion. I love it.
    A friend of mine has both a 996 GT2 and F430 F1 and after driving my car was very vocal how he greatly preferred the SMG over the F1 in his Ferrari. Made me feel pretty damn good! Hell I let my mom drive the M every once in a while and even she loves it! If any "enthusiast" complains about it I would find it pretty comical.
    E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior, Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1422 Post(s)

A friend of mine has both a 996 GT2 and F430 F1 and after driving my car was very vocal how he greatly preferred the SMG over the F1 in his Ferrari. Made me feel pretty damn good! Hell I let my mom drive the M every once in a while and even she loves it! If any "enthusiast" complains about it I would find it pretty comical.
    I feel like people fall into a trap of praising the DCT over the SMG when I can never get the DCT to shift as consistently at redline and respond as well as I ever could the SMG.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually think I'll really enjoy the SMG.. its quirky and unique not having a park selection and handbrake and a well needed departure from all the slushboxes I've gotten used to.. and 5soko the shifting sounds like a helluva experience, low-gear chirp and the kick, when I was considering the C63 I also was disappointed with the lack of toys and options but from what I've read it would be easier to maintain but its out of my budget anyhow. An M5 would be very difficult to choose over a facelifted C63 for me though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Not to thread jack but after 2 months of car searching and test drives and research, I have officially fallen in love and bought this baby home!!! Ill be making a full review and intro, comparing it to the many cars its beaten to get into my hands, including my FBO 335i, and ML63.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1422 Post(s)

Not to thread jack but after 2 months of car searching and test drives and research, I have officially fallen in love and bought this baby home!!! Ill be making a full review and intro, comparing it to the many cars its beaten to get into my hands, including my FBO 335i, and ML63. http://www.vwboost.com/images/import...photo158-1.png http://www.vwboost.com/images/import...3/01/yup-1.jpg
    Congratulations!

You should make your own thread though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Congratulations!

You should make your own thread though...
    Yea I am, just a little too excited lol.. Sticky, any reason I cant hit return and make space for a next sentence?
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1422 Post(s)

Yea I am, just a little too excited lol.. Sticky, any reason I cant hit return and make space for a next sentence?
    Not sure what's up, let me fix it for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Not sure what's up, let me fix it for you.
    Thanks for the congrats and help!! First post of my new car was here lol Click here to enlarge
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1422 Post(s)

Thanks for the congrats and help!! First post of my new car was here lol Click here to enlarge
    Well then here's some extra rep Click here to enlarge Congrats again.

tax it..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Not to thread jack but after 2 months of car searching and test drives and research, I have officially fallen in love and bought this baby home!!! Ill be making a full review and intro, comparing it to the many cars its beaten to get into my hands, including my FBO 335i, and ML63.

http://www.vwboost.com/images/import...photo158-1.png

http://www.vwboost.com/images/import...3/01/yup-1.jpg
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want more pics with interior shots! Welcome to your new addiction Click here to enlarge

Evolve Tune, Muffler delete & BMC filters are my immediate suggestions.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want more pics with interior shots! Welcome to your new addiction Click here to enlarge

Evolve Tune, Muffler delete & BMC filters are my immediate suggestions.
    Thanks buddy! new thread coming tonite Click here to enlarge
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats! what options?

Sorena is offline Senior Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Congratulations @5soko. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Drunkenup Click here to enlarge
    Congrats! what options?
    Thanks a lot man! Black perf. Merino leather, heated steering wheel, comfort access, rear sunshades, front vented seats, comfort seats w/ lumbar, fold down rear seats, ipod/usb, head up display, sat radio, headlight washers and I think that's it Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Congratulations @5soko . Click here to enlarge
    Thanks a lot buddy!
    ///M5 LCI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12