Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Strkdm3 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry the trap for the 11.9 was 117. Fastest trap of the night was 120. On the exact same setup 20" wheels and all.

I dont really know the owner of the C5Z. Just met him that night...

Attachment 24482
    Those 20's are killing you. As is the Dinan tune. Buy my HRE C90's in 19 inch and you will pick up 2 MPH.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeaaa they are heavy...
    I am looking into a set of 18" wheels now.. Thanks though.
    Whos a good tuner for the s65.. Evolve??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeaaa they are heavy...

Nice to see you here, welcome - and glad you joined. When you get the time, would you mind giving a small write-up in regard to your car? I am interested in your thoughts on the stroker - both good or bad. Does it lose any of the "M" feel when stroked, or is it basically just more torque across the band? Just curious about the car in general - videos are good too. Not too many owners of these cars that I know. Click here to enlarge

Cheers.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its a heavier car making close to the same power. The M went 11.90 at 120 and the C5Z traps in the 125 range. It had a wild cam that was clearly doing its job on the top end. It was the first C5Z ive lost too...
    Thanks for the info to clarify the run and welcome over... Nice ride bro
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, @evolve & @Imranevolve will def be able to wake that S65 stroker up & get it running to its potential. Lots of lightweight 19s you can go with, wrapped with R888s or MTs & you'll be shattering that old record (both the ET & Trap Speed)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Nice to see you here, welcome - and glad you joined. When you get the time, would you mind giving a small write-up in regard to your car? I am interested in your thoughts on the stroker - both good or bad. Does it lose any of the "M" feel when stroked, or is it basically just more torque across the band? Just curious about the car in general - videos are good too. Not too many owners of these cars that I know. Click here to enlarge

Cheers.
    I love the power from the stroker kit. It has great mid range power and feels exactly like the stock s65 but with more tq down low and pulls hard to the rev limit. It really is a BLAST to drive, spins 2nd pretty hard and feels like a slingshot Click here to enlarge
    Yea not many people keep them NA, they usually boost them. I personally love the all motor power over the turbo on a stick... Its very linear and that helps with wheel spin...

Cant say the same for a VR6 though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the info to clarify the run and welcome over... Nice ride bro
    Thanks man, anytime glad i could provide more info.

Wish i could quote more then i post... but im the NEW guy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @benzy89
    Nice thanks for the info! Ill get in touch with them and see what we can do.
    Yea it would be nice to have it hook in 2nd. Hopyfully ill get a rematch after the tune..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeaaa they are heavy...
    You have a lot of choose from.

Evolve, OE Tuning, Gintani, Active Autowerke, etc. Where are you located?

You don't have to go all the way to 18 but up to you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love the power from the stroker kit. It has great mid range power and feels exactly like the stock s65 but with more tq down low and pulls hard to the rev limit. It really is a BLAST to drive, spins 2nd pretty hard and feels like a slingshot Click here to enlarge
    Yea not many people keep them NA, they usually boost them. I personally love the all motor power over the turbo on a stick... Its very linear and that helps with wheel spin...

Cant say the same for a VR6 though Click here to enlarge
    You should look into the Schrick cams as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Does it lose any of the "M" feel when stroked, or is it basically just more torque across the band?
    It's going to improve on all the M characteristics. The only thing not accounted for is the shift in the powerband. So it will lose some of that rush to redline as the peak HP and torque move to the left but that can be remedied.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The Dinan Stroker recycles the OEM cams? Or just recommending something more aggressive?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The Dinan Stroker recycles the OEM cams? Or just recommending something more aggressive?
    OEM cams.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have been but the problem is that nobody has installed them.. or atleast that i know of.... I can imagine the cams will help the stroker on the upper rev range...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    OEM cams

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have been but the problem is that nobody has installed them.. or atleast that i know of.... I can imagine the cams will help the stroker on the upper rev range...
    Yes, big difference. You really should look into it and they have been installed. VAC has done it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry the trap for the 11.9 was 117. Fastest trap of the night was 120. On the exact same setup 20" wheels and all.

I dont really know the owner of the C5Z. Just met him that night...

Attachment 24482

what track, date and approx time was this?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks man, anytime glad i could provide more info.

Wish i could quote more then i post... but im the NEW guy Click here to enlarge
    No worries bro, glad you posted up it confirms and/or adjusts a bunch of info. No offense but the cost of that motor with a stoker for stock cams is just crazy. Has anyone seen results for the Schricks, as I recall with my VR6 I used their 276 cams and only netted 12whp. Granted its a totally different motor, more so to say from what I have seen on various platforms they do not always deliver as much compared to costs.

Have you considered using spray on her or a blower with low boost?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No offense but the cost of that motor with a stoker for stock cams is just crazy.
    You don't play with M3's and Dinan built motor products if you are on a tight budget. Cost is irrelevant.

Has anyone seen results for the Schricks, as I recall with my VR6 I used their 276 cams and only netted 12whp.
    They gain more than that on the S54 and even the old school S14. Completely different motors here with different sets of cams available, there are two sets.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did you dyno your car btw? Where are you located?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You don't play with M3's and Dinan built motor products if you are on a tight budget. Cost is irrelevant.

They gain more than that on the S54 and even the old school S14. Completely different motors here with different sets of cams available, there are two sets.
    Really, so whats more HP equate at the wheels 20hp, 30hp? As for cost Dinan didnt use the cams for a reason most likely the ability to pass emissions and perhaps lack of power overall. I'd be interested in dyno's of cammed stock motor M's to see this cost no object power increase.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really, so whats more HP equate at the wheels 20hp, 30hp? As for cost Dinan didnt use the cams for a reason most likely the ability to pass emissions and perhaps lack of power overall. I'd be interested in dyno's of cammed stock motor M's to see this cost no object power increase.
    We don't know what the HP is with the Dinan stroker it would have to be done. I can't speculate, I'd venture to guess it would be healthy.

Dinan doesn't do cams because for one they were not available when this kit was designed and for two it would increase the cost both in hardware and in tuning. Same reason for RDsport.

You can look at Schrick cam results on other M motors if you like.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We don't know what the HP is with the Dinan stroker it would have to be done. I can't speculate, I'd venture to guess it would be healthy.

Dinan doesn't do cams because for one they were not available when this kit was designed and for two it would increase the cost both in hardware and in tuning. Same reason for RDsport.

You can look at Schrick cam results on other M motors if you like.
    So basically their are no quantifiable results out there or published yet for the Schrick cams and S65 motor. Thats interesting...

I've found a VAC stroker with the motor showing around 549 crank HP though the graph looks like crayons but whatever. But nothing at the wheels or for a stock S65 with either cam set installed and dyno'd
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was going to say, at the time, the cams were not an option for dinan. also, dinan is never know to be more aggressive with going for hp. also, at the time, upper 3xx's and low 4xx N/A dynos were not ever seen. I dont think any progress was made to the strokers after it was released, as far as dinan goes

I do know of ONE cammed s65, that out out over 4xx hp, but it was not stroked. In fact , there are no details of it anywhere that I can find other than a 60-130 run that claims cams added..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So basically their are no quantifiable results out there or published yet for the Schrick cams and S65 motor. Thats interesting...

I've found a VAC stroker with the motor showing around 549 crank HP though the graph looks like crayons but whatever. But nothing at the wheels or for a stock S65 with either cam set installed and dyno'd
    VAC has used these cams already and uses Schrick cams in their builds. You can talk to them.

As far as Schrick cams with strokers, you don't have a big sample size. Tuning VANOS with aftermarket cams is something few tuners have down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    pper 3xx's and low 4xx N/A dynos were not ever seen
    Upper 3XX's were seen.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast