Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

But yes, links to reviews, or your own personal experience would be fantastic guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Not bang for buck, but bang.
    HKS makes an n54 cat back? i can't findit on google

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
    I guess I should be a little more specific. I was really wanting to try and do a quad tip exhaust on my car with either the Hartage or Inside Performance Diffuser. Not sure if I should get a diffuser and then let a company make an exhaust for me or what.

Anyone ever do something like that? If so, pros, cons, etc? I'll have all my money is roughly 90 days so no rush. Just would like to figure EVERYTHING out now so I can just place my order for everything once I receive my money. Click here to enlarge
    pros: reasonable price (i've been quoted $250 for a single tip, i've seen a 135i owner ask fora quad exit and it was a bit pricier), convenient, whatever shape and look you want
    cons: can't guarantee how it will sound. a pro for this: a good shop will help you modify the sound/volume until you're happy

if you on't mind fake tips, much cheaper... if you want semi-functional... bit more.. fully functional requires battery tray mods(i dunno what exactly, can anyone tell me how the 1m gets around the battery tray obstacle?)

i personally like the idea of an RPM/boost actuated muffler-less cutout straight pipe... if you don't mind the volume LOL

for a twin tip single exit i really like the berk range, reasonable price and good sound though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

also, on those headlights you want... i think valeo is the OEM for 1er head/tail lights, though i can't find them on ebay :/, if you could find black backed valeo lights they would be of 100% BMW quality... those spyders are pretty cheap though, if you get them and they're good, let me know Click here to enlarge

ED: on second thoughts, they're not bi-xenon, ... the high bulb is halogen, it wouldn't look good at all Click here to enlarge

ED2: ooh yeha foudn some on google, more like $800odd a pair lol
    Last edited by Flinchy; 01-14-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    also, on those headlights you want... i think valeo is the OEM for 1er head/tail lights, though i can't find them on ebay :/, if you could find black backed valeo lights they would be of 100% BMW quality... those spyders are pretty cheap though, if you get them and they're good, let me know Click here to enlarge

ED: on second thoughts, they're not bi-xenon, ... the high bulb is halogen, it wouldn't look good at all Click here to enlarge

Ah, see.. this is why I ask about quality and such. I really do want blacked out headlights though with little to no amber. 800 seems pretty steep though for some headlights.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Will those headlights he listed even work on 135i with factory xenons?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

pros: reasonable price (i've been quoted $250 for a single tip, i've seen a 135i owner ask fora quad exit and it was a bit pricier), convenient, whatever shape and look you want
    cons: can't guarantee how it will sound. a pro for this: a good shop will help you modify the sound/volume until you're happy

if you on't mind fake tips, much cheaper... if you want semi-functional... bit more.. fully functional requires battery tray mods(i dunno what exactly, can anyone tell me how the 1m gets around the battery tray obstacle?)

i personally like the idea of an RPM/boost actuated muffler-less cutout straight pipe... if you don't mind the volume LOL

for a twin tip single exit i really like the berk range, reasonable price and good sound though.
    I don't want to sound like all those "cool kids" with their straight piped Civics.. so ideally something that sounds good with a muffler/resonator. I'll have to make a few phone calls and get some pricing, I'm sure a shop can make me an exhaust in a weekend if I plan it with them accordingly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I guess I should be a little more specific. I was really wanting to try and do a quad tip exhaust on my car with either the Hartage or Inside Performance Diffuser. Not sure if I should get a diffuser and then let a company make an exhaust for me or what.
    Find out if the exhaust pipe routing is the same for the 135 & 1M. Assuming there are no major differences (both cars are N54 & 1-series coupes), you could just buy a full 1M exhaust (BMW tax) or a 1M axle-back exhaust section & mate it to the DP to muffler section on a 135 exhaust system.

Ah, see.. this is why I ask about quality and such. I really do want blacked out headlights though with little to no amber. 800 seems pretty steep though for some headlights.
    Check out Lightmodz in NJ -- They could prob. do what you're asking for, but it'd obviously involve shipping the headlight assembly to them. A lot of people in the Tri-State area (LM, the ACM cars, etc) use Lightmodz for aftermarket AE setups
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Check out Lightmodz in NJ -- They could prob. do what you're asking for, but it'd obviously involve shipping the headlight assembly to them. A lot of people in the Tri-State area (LM, the ACM cars, etc) use Lightmodz for aftermarket AE setups
    Thanks for that, I got a lot of great ideas off their Facebook page. I think I might just get a LED kit and mod my headlights myself. I'm pretty handy with it comes to stuff like that really. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

if you have oem Xenon headlights, those may not even work due to coding, and they have halogen highs, these are an 'upgrade' for people with the stock ugly halogens as they add low beam rings and better bulbs without actually being xenon headlights

800 (or 700 maybe) is pretty steep yea... that's OEM price though sadly lol

if you have OEM xenons and want the same look/quality, guarantee the circuit boards won't melt, getting valeo stuff is the only choice... the other brands may be 100% fine to use and reliable, but you'd have to find someone who's used them before :/.. on one of my old cars i got aftermarket halo/projectors.. one set fully melted the boards and broke hte halos, the second set was fine... $500 total spend though -_-

or a swap with some euro guys if any have a set, if i was LHD and had black backed lights, i'd swap you, orange wheels and mirror caps, orange side markers would fit my theme PERFECTLY lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I don't want to sound like all those "cool kids" with their straight piped Civics.. so ideally something that sounds good with a muffler/resonator. I'll have to make a few phone calls and get some pricing, I'm sure a shop can make me an exhaust in a weekend if I plan it with them accordingly.
    due to the motor itself, its almost impossible to make it sound REALLY bad, it's a nice inline 6, not a dodgy 4 lol

keeping a resonator means you keep the rasp low and cut out a lot of drone, the sound will be much smoother. some people love a straight 6 rasp, i am not one of those people.

i've heard a berk race exhaust 135i, it's pretty badass in real life, very .. 'scream'-y.. it's pretty much a straight pipe lol

the problem i had getting it done, it's not a really standard shaped muffler, the factory one is that square shape, so fitting one in that's going to be effective isn't something a crappy shop will bother with (not worth their time, they'd rather churn out exhausts on dometic cars for easy money).. over in the states though you have a lot more places that make them, so it's probably easier for you guys lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Will those headlights he listed even work on 135i with factory xenons?
    being it's a replacement for halogens, my knowledge of how these things work is..not really.. i believe it's the same plug, but you wold have to re-code th car to be halogens or it would throw a code of some sort, probably for being off-voltage, 'blown bulbs' since there wouldn't be the right signal recieved by the DME.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I don't want to sound like all those "cool kids" with their straight piped Civics.. so ideally something that sounds good with a muffler/resonator.
    The Berk stuff def won't make your car sound like a road mosquito

Here's a video from Berk of all 4 exhaust systems they offer for the 135

Here's a private video of a 135 with AR DPs & Berk Street Exhaust
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Berk Street it is!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I really enjoy the looks of the hood, I know it's pricey, but it's my money! Click here to enlarge

As for the wheels, I'm going with Breyton GTR-S black w/ red stripe.
    Breytons are nice and light, and look good, but are the stock width (7.5 / 8.5).

You might wanna look into something which fits some more rubber, for MOAR TRACKSHUN
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Local customer had his Breytons split down the middle (on the inside) on the street hitting a pot hole that really wasn't too bad and not going too fast either. I really lost respect for them then and there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Berk Street it is!
    have you considered 1m rear end conversion. quads look sexy lol.

Click here to enlarge
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    have you considered 1m rear end conversion. quads look sexy lol.
    If I was going to do a rear end conversion, I might as well do the whole 1M conversion and just rock a fake 1M. >.<

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Local customer had his Breytons split down the middle (on the inside) on the street hitting a pot hole that really wasn't too bad and not going too fast either. I really lost respect for them then and there
    Woo, not cool. I better start looking for something else then!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If I was going to do a rear end conversion, I might as well do the whole 1M conversion and just rock a fake 1M. >.<
    Well you can just not put on the 1M badge and enjoy the wide fenders. also you get to run more aggressive wheels
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

We have the cp-e full catback on sale as well as the two sections on their own, midpipes and axle back..

Here's the midpipes (the most restrictive part of the exhaust on a 1 series):

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/cp-e-...pipes-n54-n55/

And the axle back (to use with catless downpipes and eliminate drone using their stealth pipe):

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/cp-e-...-pipe-n54-n55/

The stealth pipe on the axleback will remove any drone from running catless downpipes with this exhaust and smooth it out. Its a really great unit and looks stunning with two different types of tips

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    Breytons are nice and light, and look good, but are the stock width (7.5 / 8.5).

You might wanna look into something which fits some more rubber, for MOAR TRACKSHUN
    Black APEX Arc-8 - 18x9.5 rear 18x8.5 front - Get some traction! Just going to have to put some red in them since that's like half the reason I liked those Breytons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    We have the cp-e full catback on sale as well as the two sections on their own, midpipes and axle back..

Here's the midpipes (the most restrictive part of the exhaust on a 1 series):

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/cp-e-...pipes-n54-n55/

And the axle back (to use with catless downpipes and eliminate drone using their stealth pipe):

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/cp-e-...-pipe-n54-n55/

The stealth pipe on the axleback will remove any drone from running catless downpipes with this exhaust and smooth it out. Its a really great unit and looks stunning with two different types of tips
    Expensive! But if they sound real good and will have NO drone, then I will consider it. Any sound clips that you can find? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Expensive! But if they sound real good and will have NO drone, then I will consider it. Any sound clips that you can find? Click here to enlarge
    Product page on our site has a vid on the bottom

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I think every catless exhaust is going to have some drone at certain loads and RPM's except the stock muffler. I got the Berk Street which most of the time is good but I get drone sometimes between 1800-2500 depending on the circumstances. I was going to go with the Maddad Whisper, which is supposed be slightly quieter, but didn't feel like spending the extra money.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast