Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

VAC Stage IV S54 cylinder head

They only list up to Stage III on their website so not sure how this one differs or what the pricing is. Hopefully VAC chimes in. Stage III is $3,999 for reference:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

VANOS is eliminated on this one it seems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    A guy i know has the stage 3 head on his S54 E30 race car, it's lazy in lower RPM's due the lack of VANOS. VANOS is a big all the times. You always should be in the right gear to have the advantage of the stage 3. The car is bad-ass though and it sounds amazing.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If all goes well I will have it on an engine dyno these next 2 mos. 3.5L, Stage 4 head, 304/296 hi lift Schricks, VANOS delete, VIPEC, billet dry sump etc. 500hp is possible...

FYI: the port work in our current stage 3 actually improves the power band throughout. It also extends it. I know many on the internets do not like VANOS delete (as it really makes no sense for many cars) but 1000s of cars across the world are kicking ass and taking names without VANOS. Without doubt, power and TQ down low are lower without VANOS, but for a race car driven by someone who is comfortable with keeping the revs up VANOS delete is badass. If you want to go to +1 valves and or run the high lift Schricks, VANOS must go away regardless.

I'm curious to see what the engine above does throughout the range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    If all goes well I will have it on an engine dyno these next 2 mos. 3.5L, Stage 4 head, 304/296 hi lift Schricks, VANOS delete, VIPEC, billet dry sump etc. 500hp is possible...
    500 hp NA... yummy.

If you want to go to +1 valves and or run the high lift Schricks, VANOS must go away regardless.
    What is the reason for this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

FYI: the port work in our current stage 3 actually improves the power band throughout. It also extends it. I know many on the internets do not like VANOS delete (as it really makes no sense for many cars) but 1000s of cars across the world are kicking ass and taking names without VANOS. Without doubt, power and TQ down low are lower without VANOS, but for a race car driven by someone who is comfortable with keeping the revs up VANOS delete is badass. If you want to go to +1 valves and or run the high lift Schricks, VANOS must go away regardless.

Jeeez...all of this just sounds freaking amazing...

Would you be able to elaborate on the differences between Stage 3 and Stage 4 headers?

BTW, Mike, I'm going to send you an email to inquire on a couple things!! Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

If you want to go to +1 valves and or run the high lift Schricks, VANOS must go away regardless.
    Or you can add the Motorsport VANOS system from the P54. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC
    I believe VAC Middle East should have some dynos. A twin of the S54 in the E30 is being installed in a E21 iirc.