Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    And creamiz selling his whole car. Plus wasn't there another? A $12k mod isn't something people typically jump into and then just sell 3 months later at a 60-70% loss lol.
    People who heavily mod cars like creamiz often switch cars. All of his mods probably add up to more than the $12k he spent on the single kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And creamiz selling his whole car. Plus wasn't there another? A $12k mod isn't something people typically jump into and then just sell 3 months later at a 60-70% loss lol.
    No...creamiz is not selling his car (last I checked/heard), and I'm not aware of anyone else.

I believe there are at least 10-12 that I can think of, that I know of...a few on the East coast and of course the majority being in CA so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    % of single turbo kits out versus the amount for sale.
    I see RBs up for sale all the time... the % resale rate is probably not statically different between the two. One kit up for sale is meaningless.

SyndicateGT sold his car shortly after putting RBs on, nobody is assuming the RBs were the cause.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    I see RBs up for sale all the time... the % resale rate is probably not statically different between the two. One kit up for sale is meaningless.

SyndicateGT sold his car shortly after putting RBs on, nobody is assuming the RBs were the cause.
    That's because the RB's were shown to work well by multiple parties.

Considering we have a grouping of kits for sale it qualifies as a bunch regardless.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That's because the RB's were shown to work well by multiple parties.

Considering we have a grouping of kits for sale it qualifies as a bunch regardless.
    Where is the "bunch" for sale. I see one. That's it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Syndicate got rid of his car because a lifter was bad. He just didn't know it was the lifter lol.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Where is the "bunch" for sale. I see one. That's it.
    There has been more than one and this has been mentioned more than once.

If anyone wants to list all the cars/kits that have gone up for sale with the Vishnu ST please do. It seems like it's around 1/4 of all the kits out...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

RB has constant shortages of his product and don't cost more than half the cost of a car. I cant believe this comparison is even happening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There has been more than one and this has been mentioned more than once.

If anyone wants to list all the cars/kits that have gone up for sale with the Vishnu ST please do. It seems like it's around 1/4 of all the kits out...
    I don't mind being corrected, but I really don't know who else there is. creaminz is keeping his car...the only other case I can think of is when the MT guys were getting frustrated, but it turned out to be the flywheel. I don't think anyone sold it as a result of that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skinrock Click here to enlarge
    I don't mind being corrected, but I really don't know who else there is. creaminz is keeping his car...the only other case I can think of is when the MT guys were getting frustrated, but it turned out to be the flywheel. I don't think anyone sold it as a result of that.
    Creaminz had it up for sale. If he changed his mind so be it.

There was one other guy who was taking it off the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @skinrock, good luck with your turbo kit sale. I might be in the minority here, but I feel like you have been unfairly singled out. The gripes about your price point will be solved by the market, so folks don't have to worry. Anyone questioning the single kit, can do so in a dozen other threads, about the kits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

7 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just too many weird issues with the ST’s that are coloring perception & when you are trying to sell something either as a developer or second hand, perception is the reality.

The $8K turbo quickly became the $11/12K turbo. The you can drive it on a stock suspension became a full house suspension build (no kidding). The easy 10 second most likely 9 second cars became one the vendors at 10.8, one with issues at 12.5 & no reports from the other 8 or so cars. Answer to the questions where are the time slips – the owners are to busy enjoying their cars on the street & don’t owe you guys anything. Besides drag racing is not the cars strong suit just wait till the high speed runs.

The cars will be great 60 to 130 so far IIRC one car very fast, the vendors, nothing from the other 10 or so. Just wait till the Shift S3ctor airport attack the big singles are going to kick butt. Vids of the vendor doing well surfaced quickly but the other 5/6 cars were pretty much unreported, info about the ST’s at the event has fallen into a black hole. Why no info? answers broken camera, Shift S3ctor is doing its own vid, we were just doing a test & tune, the vendor was helping us out so we did not get much time etc.

Which leads us to an $11K kit going unsold for $6K. Why was it not grabbed up at once for half price? Answer not to many people have the money for the kit. Counter point is 12 or so had the $11K to buy direct from the vendor & half price should be a great deal.

Nothing against the guy trying to sell his kit but saying I wanted to go from 600hp for a few weeks to a really cool touch screen does not do much to change the existing perception about this product. Personally I hope he can sell it but this products history does not read well. Maybe the vendor will step up & buy it back for the asking price.

Final thought about the car that was for sale, did he take it down because he changed his mind & loves his car or because he could not sell it for a price he could handle?
    Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-12-2013 at 01:31 AM.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Final though about the car that was for sale, did he take it down because he changed his mind & loves his car or because he could not sell it for a price he could handle?
    I took it down because I traded it in. Easier than waiting for a private sale.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skinrock Click here to enlarge
    I took it down because I traded it in. Easier than waiting for a private sale.
    Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to Creaminz car as being for sale then taken down. IIRC there was a lot of chatter about the price.
    Kevin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to Creaminz car as being for sale then taken down. IIRC there was a lot of chatter about the price.
    Ah. Not sure...it's possible, I can't speak for others. I know he's trying to put plans together for what he will do this year, so maybe he just wasn't sure where to take the build. I mean he went extreme...weren't not just talking another single turbo here, he did everything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn, i see sikh is still around. What a shame. I hadn't seen the dumn $#@! tainting the pool over at e90 for a while, i was hoping he had... moved on.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    People buy and sell stuff all the time for various reasons so I wouldn't necessarily hold that against this turbo kit. What surprises me is the total lack of marketing recently compared to the overwhelming amount of hype we saw on this kit only a few months ago. I think if Shiv had taken a more modest marketing approach he wouldn't need to eat so much crow now that some things are not going to plan.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where are the shift sector airport runway vids? Still haven't see anything. Are they out there and I missed them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robertm Click here to enlarge
    Where are the shift sector airport runway vids? Still haven't see anything. Are they out there and I missed them?
    No, it appears that whatever or whoever(most likely) is trying to keep them off the net is doing a good job of it.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    People buy and sell stuff all the time for various reasons so I wouldn't necessarily hold that against this turbo kit. What surprises me is the total lack of marketing recently compared to the overwhelming amount of hype we saw on this kit only a few months ago. I think if Shiv had taken a more modest marketing approach he wouldn't need to eat so much crow now that some things are not going to plan.
    Not just that, but he was very stubborn about the 6ATs limitations. He got me banned because I questioned it, in the other forum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 Click here to enlarge
    Not just that, but he was very stubborn about the 6ATs limitations. He got me banned because I questioned it, in the other forum.
    He does that a lot. I went at it with him, very respectfully, on the suspension requirements; was assured I was stupid & did not understand that a stock suspension would be just fine. When I questioned why he had a beefed drive train on his personal car (like you can't run slicks while pure stock) I was quickly banned for 6 months.
    Kevin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

When I questioned why he had a beefed drive train on his personal car (like you can't run slicks while pure stock) I was quickly banned for 6 months.
    Come on now... it's just absurd at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Damn, i see sikh is still around. What a shame. I hadn't seen the dumn $#@! tainting the pool over at e90 for a while, i was hoping he had... moved on.
    Are you sure that isn't Shiv...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Are you sure that isn't Shiv...?
    Even Shiv doesn't type like that big of an idiot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Just too many weird issues with the STís that are coloring perception & when you are trying to sell something either as a developer or second hand, perception is the reality.

The $8K turbo quickly became the $11/12K turbo. The you can drive it on a stock suspension became a full house suspension build (no kidding). The easy 10 second most likely 9 second cars became one the vendors at 10.8, one with issues at 12.5 & no reports from the other 8 or so cars. Answer to the questions where are the time slips Ė the owners are to busy enjoying their cars on the street & donít owe you guys anything. Besides drag racing is not the cars strong suit just wait till the high speed runs.

The cars will be great 60 to 130 so far IIRC one car very fast, the vendors, nothing from the other 10 or so. Just wait till the Shift S3ctor airport attack the big singles are going to kick butt. Vids of the vendor doing well surfaced quickly but the other 5/6 cars were pretty much unreported, info about the STís at the event has fallen into a black hole. Why no info? answers broken camera, Shift S3ctor is doing its own vid, we were just doing a test & tune, the vendor was helping us out so we did not get much time etc.

Which leads us to an $11K kit going unsold for $6K. Why was it not grabbed up at once for half price? Answer not to many people have the money for the kit. Counter point is 12 or so had the $11K to buy direct from the vendor & half price should be a great deal.

Nothing against the guy trying to sell his kit but saying I wanted to go from 600hp for a few weeks to a really cool touch screen does not do much to change the existing perception about this product. Personally I hope he can sell it but this products history does not read well. Maybe the vendor will step up & buy it back for the asking price.

Final thought about the car that was for sale, did he take it down because he changed his mind & loves his car or because he could not sell it for a price he could handle?
    Huge plus 1. Looks like the LPFP is going the way of the ST too. I wonder if the 335i is Shiv's new Evo... Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast