Close

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Definitely an amazing car, glad you realized that. Now all its missing is just a tiny bit more ballz in its tune, done, and I'm not talking upping boost at all. Interesting that this car didn't LIMP around any of those tracks either LOL
    Ya that list sure looks like it isn't trying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Problem here sticky is, it's BTG or bridge to gap. There's another 15-20 seconds I believe or so to finish the lap. Sport Auto calculated it but I forget exactly. So this lap time here is irrelevant.
    Of course but that's a standard M3 with just minor changes lapping ridiculously fast. Unless people want to just ignore it? Less changes than the Alpina car needed, that's for sure.

And imagine that M3 with a blower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the way, anyone know what car holds the BMW Nurgurgring record? Isn't it... a supercharged E46? Ya, thanks for playing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Remember this isn't a stock s65, it's the s65 in the gts, just saying.... The original argument, for clarification purposes is that the stock m3 has a weak motor.... And a tuned 335 with just bolt ons will beat up on it. Which by the way I don't hate on the s65, I just wish the m3 was faster personally, in STOCK form

I don't disagree with the amazing engineering of the s65 and def respect it's ability on the track. I want a quicker m3 street car, I'd have one right now if it was faster in stock form.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How one can not believe the S65 is a superior design is beyond me. It is the best.

The entire motor requires more engineering than the N54 ever saw. It doesn't have crappy cast pieces. It doesn't have a junk torque curve. It was the motor the BMW M division put their name on. They weren't willing to do that with the N54, why?
    LOL imagine if they did? Heads would roll
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Remember this isn't a stock s65, it's the s65 in the gts, just saying.... The original argument, for clarification purposes is that the stock m3 has a weak motor.... And a tuned 335 with just bolt ons will beat up on it. Which by the way I don't hate on the s65, I just wish the m3 was faster personally, in STOCK form

I don't disagree with the amazing engineering of the s65 and def respect it's ability on the track. I want a quicker m3 street car, I'd have one right now if it was faster in stock form.
    Yes, the M3 has a ton more power sitting there in NA form despite being weak, maxed, or whatever else.

The stock M3 doesn't have a weak motor because I have no idea what it is weak versus. Plenty of power stock, plenty of power in the aftermarket, what more do you want? 600 whp isn't good enough? Ok, then do what I'm doing and the sky is the limit. The N54 with its comparatively weak design is still working on fuel pump issues. Come on now.

If acceleration is all that matter then just mod the car. It's a ridiculous argument as someone is always faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the way, anyone know what car holds the BMW Nurgurgring record? Isn't it... a supercharged E46? Ya, thanks for playing.
    Supercharged E46 M3 CSL to be specific. 7:15 or so I believe. It was a ridiculously fast car though. Ridiculously fast car.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    LOL imagine if they did? Heads would roll
    The N54 architecture isn't up to par which is why they never did. It's just a turbo base BMW motor. By virtue of forced induction it's easier for people to mod.

N54 fanboys don't have the budget to do a proper S65. That's the honest truth. So better for them equals hp per dollar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Supercharged E46 M3 CSL to be specific. 7:15 or so I believe. It was a ridiculously fast car though. Ridiculously fast car.
    Thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of course but that's a standard M3 with just minor changes lapping ridiculously fast. Unless people want to just ignore it? Less changes than the Alpina car needed, that's for sure.

And imagine that M3 with a blower.
    So not only are you defending the S65 with the P65 and a Pectel standalone as if that comes from the factory, now you've got the M3 GTS in the game and you're also talking adding FI to it? Making sense as always
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah, there you go, NOT the S65 and that car has FI on it! How the heck did it make it around the ring with a blower on it? It has to limp!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah, there you go, NOT the S65 and that car has FI on it! How the heck did it make it around the ring with a blower on it? It has to limp!
    Ok if you want a new record I'll ship my car to Germany in that case. Nobody has run an E9x M3 in a similar configuration yet but the newer chassis will beat it obviously.

The S54 with a centrifugal blower is a much better road course motor than the N54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm having trouble getting it to load but it was a 7:22.8 back in 07. E46 M3's never had issues with limp mode. Unline the newer cars they were able to hold their own on a track.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok if you want a new record I'll ship my car to Germany in that case. Nobody has run an E9x M3 in a similar configuration yet but the newer chassis will beat it obviously.

The S54 with a centrifugal blower is a much better road course motor than the N54.
    Sure, the S54 does extremely well but I'm not talking about the S54. I'm talking about what came after the S54 that didn't fill its shoes as good as it should have, namely the S65 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So not only are you defending the S65 with the P65 and a Pectel standalone as if that comes from the factory, now you've got the M3 GTS in the game and you're also talking adding FI to it? Making sense as always
    No I'm showing how robust the S65 architecture actually is. In standard form the S65 has won the Nurubrgring 24 Hours, are you high? What is it that you aren't processing ANY of this?

On April 10, 2009, the week after the debut of the GT4, BMW's Customer Racing program announced it had partnered with Schubert Motorsport (sponsored by Motorsport Arena Oschersleben) to run the BMW M3 GT4 in the 2009 24 Hours Nürburgring race, in the new class for GT4 cars, listed as SP10 there. The BMW M3 GT4 also raced in the Nürburgring VLN ADAC Westfalenfahrt in April 2009, taking the win in the SP10 class and finishing 30th overall. The 2009 24h race took place on the weekend of May 23 and 24, with Jörg Müller, Andy Priaulx and sport auto journalist Jochen Übler at the wheel. Despite qualifying as best SP10/GT4 car at 57th overall and being at least 10 seconds per lap faster, the team finished third in the class, behind two Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24. The overall rank was 47th.

BMW Motorsport announced on July 7, 2009 the launch of a line of BMW M3 race cars which meet the SRO/FIA's GT4 spec and are oriented for sale to private teams and drivers. While BMW states that 'the BMW M3 GT4 weighs just 1,430 kilograms' and the '420 bhp engine remained largely untouched', the 2010 24 Hours Nürburgring "Balance of Performance" requires that the power must not exceed 390 PS, while the minimum weight is set to 1400 kg.

The M3 GT4 is offered in Europe as a homologated production race car for sale to the general public. According to Larry Koch, then BMW NA M-brand manager, a feasibility study is currently being conducted to evaluate the possible sale of the M3 GT4 in North America. However, without a sanctioned GT4-class racing series in the USA, the sale of the M3 GT4 in the States is not likely.
    BMW just takes the standard S65, throws it in an M3 with racing seats, a cage, and race suspension, and it wins endurance races. They don't even modify it for more power. OMG so underpowered OMG OMG. How is that possible eh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sure, the S54 does extremely well but I'm not talking about the S54. I'm talking about what came after the S54 that didn't fill its shoes as good as it should have, namely the S65 Click here to enlarge
    Based on what? How does it not fill its shoes as good as it should have when the six cylinder was ditched for the V8 for racing purposes and when the change was made it resulted in back to back ALMS championships?

You don't know what you're talking about, sorry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm having trouble getting it to load but it was a 7:22.8 back in 07. E46 M3's never had issues with limp mode. Unline the newer cars they were able to hold their own on a track.
    And I'll take a CSL around a road course over N54. Even if it's some car boosted to the moon as it will just end up limping home anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Me too. It's the reason I own an E46 M3 and not a 335i. I test drove a 335i before I bought my M3 just to be sure. But they're two different beats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Me too. It's the reason I own an E46 M3 and not a 335i. I test drove a 335i before I bought my M3 just to be sure. But they're two different beats.
    The E46 M3 is a superior drivers car. The 335 feels lazy and fat in comparison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Perfect example if why my logic dominates stickys.

P65 is needed to he competive, does it well. Delivers power. S65, the public option, is down on power, not enough to be competitive.

If its "basically" the same motor and only difference is power...aren't we, the public, robbed?

All this time, the way to implode stickys brain has been right in front of us.. the P65 does what the s65 should have been able to do..

P65, detuned, catted, etc.. in a public M3.. oh what a world it would have been..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    P65 is needed to he competive, does it well.
    In ALMS you mean?

So the M3 needs a 500 horsepower naturally aspirated V8 in your opinion? It should have the same power as the M5 eh?

Is the M5 fast enough? Does that need more power? Because the E9X M3 matches the E60 M5 in the 1/4 mile. OH noes...

If its "basically" the same motor and only difference is power...aren't we, the public, robbed?
    No, because the cost would be what the cost is in the GTR RS 4.0. You would not be able to afford it so how are you robbed?

All this time, the way to implode stickys brain has been right in front of us.. the P65 does what the s65 should have been able to do..
    You mean it does what the S65 can do? If you want even more power, pay for it yourself.

P65, detuned, catted, etc.. in a public M3.. oh what a world it would have been..
    That's what the S65 is. You also can't run 13.0:1 compression on pump gas so you aren't thinking clearly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Perfect example if why my logic dominates stickys.

P65 is needed to he competive, does it well. Delivers power. S65, the public option, is down on power, not enough to be competitive.

Exactly and 100% agreed
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly and 100% agreed
    Nice blind agreement, props.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice blind agreement, props.
    You're the blind one. You've been flaunting the endurance racing version of an engine and comparing it to a setup tuned for a family sedan Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You're the blind one. You've been flaunting the endurance racing version of an engine and comparing it to a setup tuned for a family sedan Click here to enlarge
    I've been flaunting the ability of the S65 in racing, on the street, and in power potential and some of you delusional fanboys just expect a certain amount of horsepower stock as if that is the be all end all measure of a car and motor:

Arthur St. Antoine of Motor Trend magazine says: "World's single greatest car? Seriously? Yes – the new BMW M3 is unquestionably a contender. Probably no other car combines so many virtues – speed, handling, good looks, roominess, practicality – into one package. Driving the new BMW M3 is an absolutely blissful experience, flooding your brain with dopamine as if you were arriving to courtside seats at the Lakers game with Jennifer Connelly on your arm." -and- "If you put an F1 car and a premium sedan in a blender, the M3 would be the cocktail that pours out. Mmmm, nothing else like it. A toast then: To the BMW M3, the greatest all-around car in the world."
    Best. All. Around. Car. In. The. World.

Never heard praise like that for the 335. But I hear it all the time for the M3.

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast