Close

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So much for my 500 rwhp on a budget discussion. E46 M3 still looks like the best option for what I want to do. Time will tell though.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    If you have a car with a bizillion hp can you really have fun on a street with it?
    Of course! Unless I'm the only one here who has broken the speed limit... :]
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Realistically, where can you legally go above 100 mph in the US? If you have a car with a bizillion hp can you really have fun on a street with it?

At the drag strip, local circuits & airfield events legally. You can most certainly have fun with more than 500whp on the streets, I've seen cars with double that power throw down many times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    what dont you grasp..? it STARTS with more power, even in "lower state of tune".. most importantly, it ENDS with more power in N/A form as well.. tha SHOWS BETTER engineering.. they said "Hey, here's what we are giving you for factory specs.... BUT, we built the thing to be capable of doing this.."
    What starts with more power? The Mustang GT 5.0 is kind of embarassing by your logic that a smaller motor is right there with it.

Of course a higher displacement motor will make more power. And? What is the stunning revelation you just came across? The S65 will still make the most use of its displacement in comparison.

No, you are basing it off gains. dont you see how idiotic you are? Im basing it off final N/A output.
    Your final NA output has to come with horsepower gains. It's absolutely absurd to judge in this manner but if you are going to look at the highest horsepower examples in racing and see that BMW is forced to dial back their redline and design. That's a pretty robust design then considering the displacement disadvatange don't you think?

what? your saying you need 100hp/ltr. I didnt bring it up, you did. I cant differentiate between design and displacement? I certainly can. they designed a motor that fails to do what it needs to do, make power. Not my fault they chose not to go with larger displacement, that was their choice. Not my fault they CHOSE to design a motor to deliver a capable end product.
    I just told you that you don't need 100 hp per liter. Let's see if it sinks in this time. A motor in a much higher state of tune from the factory will have less room to gain horsepower. Is this so hard for you to process?

The motor fails in what it needs to do, make power? What? Ohhh BMW was supposed to make a motor once again that met your bolt on goals. This is so stunningly stupid there is no response. Your criteria for motor evaluation is flat out idiotic.

And this is the same motor that with boost is outperforming your larger V8's you are praising based on bolt on modification. I wonder why?

whats an engines #1 job? make power. Does it do it, yea, its a motor.. does it make enough power to be competitive? no.

right, lots of awards, and the latest one is most over-hyped and under performing.. they have an arbitrary set of standards for awards, but really, i dont care about how many awards they have, they have great motors, N54 as a case in point.. but the S65 is not a potent V8. hell, by your own argument, the GT3 6 has 4.0ltrs, 500hp.. so right off the bat, why i ask, why do I have to have a V8, porsche can deliver more than what I can get N/A from a 6.. definition of failure
    The #1 job of the motor is to provide solid architecture and design to deliver reliable and consistent power.

It doesn't make power to be competitive? How many times does it need to be typed that it sets the standard with its competition? How about any competition in its displacement category it is shown to be a superior design to? How long until your ability to reason catches up to this fact?

Oh, you don't care the motor is awarded by world's best engineers whom are all much more intelligent than yourself with a far greater understanding of engine design? Right, your opinion based on bolt on mods and acceleration sprints holds more water. You even ignore the racing history where the engine competes in the harshest environment. Weird it isn't a fail there. Weird BMW is dominating using it.

obviously.. and they shouldnt, its apparant they lost their edge with the S65..
    Clearly lost their edge. Sweeping their engine category for four straight years, how embarrassing. 100 hp per liter, how embarrassing. Greater gains per psi of boost than the S54, how embarrassing. The most powerful naturally aspirated V8 they ever produced, how embarrassing.

You don't even know what BMW's engine building edge was. The S65/S85 are the final iteration of that exact engine building philosophy. You don't have enough of an understanding of BMW's engine building to debate this topic. It's like talking to some child who's only retort is "I'm right so there" it's hilarious.

again, classes? what class? sports cars with a V8? "sorry bro, i cant race you, we arent in the same class..but here are some awards my engine won.."
    IT ISN'T ABOUT RACING EVERYTHING THAT MOVES IN A STRAIGHT LINE.

If it is, then the winner is the NHRA and we can all go home.

sure it makes a nice curve, how much does it produce? ill tell you, not enough to be competitive.
    With whom? With the Corvette Z06? Nissan GTR? Porsche 911 Turbo? The last two of which BMW is awarded OVER in engine design.

Those cars are not the M3's competition. The M3 runs door to door with the C63 AMG which has a much larger engine and beats the Audi RS5/RS4 and IS-F. All of this despite having the smallest motor. Sounds to me like it has the best engine engineering. Whooping on your competition despite a displacement handicap is so. much. win.

If you can't even respect that the problem is your tenuous grasp of the topic.

sure can, but doesnt make the same #'s.. price? whoa buddy, you brought it up, i dont care about price.. $30k mustang has a motor offering 30% MORE power for 1/2 the price..
    Ok so BMW and everyone else should just swap in LS V8's then because they are cheaper and make more power right?

You don't care about price? Oh, ok, not a factor in design I guess. The driving force for engine design should be appeasing a guy on a forum who has no idea what the hell he is talking about simply by making sure the motor gains a bunch with bolt on mods. Who cares how the motor drives, what its design is, or about its throttle response.

please explain which one delivers more ? again, your trying to justify WHY IT DOESNT deliver (s65). why would i call it junk, it delivers more than the S65, with the same displacement, and less cylinders, right? so even detuned, and catted, the gt3 would make more than the s65..
    The GT3 RS 4.0 came out years after the M3 and targets a completely different market. Once again, you miss the point that the engine gains less with mods than the S65.

So which is it, factory performance or aftermarket performance? Can you even make up your mind? Can you even differentiate the two? Can you even understand how a motor with high volumetric efficiency is a great mod platform? Of course you can't, you aren't intelligent enough.

what race? certainly not in the cars they actually sell..
    Um, ya, the S65 in the cars they sell. You must have missed all that text.

faster? faster than what? none of the cars i brought up.. an n/a m3 is faster than what? how is it faster than those cars? oh thats right.. the chassis..because it weighs less, and has a better trans.. certainly not because it makes more power.. like you would expect when buying a V8.. why do we not want S5's..? certainly its a better car than the M.. but oh, thats right, the motor is garbage.. the only V8 thats WORSE than an S65..
    BMW doesn't sit around with a Mustang GT500 wondering how to best it in power output. If BMW wanted to, they could. They are the best engine maker EVER. In the history of time, in the history of automotive design, BMW is the best engine builder. Are you even familiar with the turbo era in Formula 1? BMW was making motors that made so much power they had to be banned. And that was from displacement less than a small honda motor even.

You don't know your history and you are not educated on the topic.

no, you rate it on its #1 job, to make power. S65 doesnt make enough. i dont care what fancy way you describe it. it doesnt do what it supposed to do.. why have a an 8, when apparantly a 6 can do it better..
    The S65 V8 does its job, what are you talking about? How much power is the M3 supposed to make exactly? 500? 600? For what? To satisfy your idiotic definitions?

everything on delivery, its does not deliver. a chassis masks its lack of power producing ability in N/A form.
    Chassis masks its lack of power? Dumbest quote of the year so far.

The car gets to 400 whp with bolt ons in NA form. That's 100 wheel hp per liter. I don't see any V8 you mentioned reaching that... sorry.

they race the S65, and win? ohhh.. they dont.. ?
    You don't even know what you are saying. Ya, they race, they win with your "failure" of a motor.

I've seen you attempt to debate before and you just don't have the capability. I'm sorry, you just don't.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, so, your saying its all about the motor and not the chassis then? interesting.. just imagine what the s65 could do with more power!! oh wow, what a suprise here.. the overal chassis of an M car is excellent, but the power from a v8 is ridiculously laughable..
    How is the power laughable when the specific output is world class and it exceeds the acceleration of all of its competition except 1 which it matches despite having less displacement?

Can you process that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The E60 M5 went into limp mode in Top Gear track. My M3 and M6(E63) both have experienced that as well, mostly because of the overheated differential. My point is all cars can go into limp mode, it doesn't happen just because of the overheated engines.
    The BMW turbo motors generate more heat and are far more likely to go into limp mode. I have never seen as many limp mode complaints or as many limp modes induced during testing as with these new motors.

It's rather obvious an S65 or S85 lend themselves better to the road course versus say the S65tu which has been overheating regularly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    You guys make it sound like every single engine coming from BMW should have huge untapped potential. The fact is, BMW doesn't give a $#@! about aftermarket or tuning potential. This is true for 99% of the buyers as well. Almost all of the buyers buy cars to enjoy them in stock form. If it wasn't the case, we all would drive LSx powered cars, No?
    First intelligent post you have made in quite some time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To start off, LM sounds like a confused M3 owner, Sticky is holding on to the dear S65, and every one else is just side line players waiting to get into the game and the OP has left the building. Just what I see.

Now to LM. The S65 isn't the fire breathing 600 rwhp capable V8 you're expecting it to be. It's not. The 4.0 V8 is supposed to be an avid road course and track star in a potent and stable chassis. That's what the M3 is all about. It's simply a track car bred for the streets as BMW has put it. On a road course or on a real race track the high rpm usage is what makes it a capable engine. It doesn't need 400hp and 400 ft lbs of torque to get around itself on a race track. It's proven itself in racing many many times. BMW delivers the S65 to our driveways expecting us to drive this car on a racetrack and put it to use as M envisioned we would. It's the reason it has a superior suspension, braking, and chassis setup to the regular 3 series. It's the reason it comes standard with a wide set of PS2's and not the runflats of the 335i or 135i. The S65 is excellent at what it was designed to do.
    This is all 100% correct.

The problem is Lostmarine can't even see how confused he is. He just doesn't have the capability.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, I'm with you on the S65 being far superior than the N54. There is a reason BMW has not used it in the Z4 GT3. There's a reason BMW used the P65B40 in the E46 M3 GTR and not the S54. There's a reason for everything. It's simply a better engine for the uses and purposes they are intending it for. The S65 in terms of endurance racing reliabilty has proven itself time and time again. Now, BMW has also had a lot more time with NA engines. BMW has had 25+ years of developing racing NA engines. There's only a matter of time before we do see the next gen N54/55 in a racing car. It's more then likely what's taking so long with the next M3/4. Perfecting the engine. The F10 M5/6 S63TU I feel is not up to par to when considering track days. The S63TU I think needed more focus on cooling before it should have been released. These problems will begin to arrise and BMW will pull through with a resolution. I expect the resolution to more than likely incorporate either larger intercoolers or something more in line with the cooling system itself. Only time will tell.
    This is all accurate and correct.

Just to correct something though regarding BMW's experience. They made a turbo motor and had experience with turbos well before they ever started designing NA M motors. Additionally, they built some of the most potent turbo motors the world had ever seen.

The fact is BMW is just an amazing engine builder that can do basically anything. They are the best in this regard.

Lastly, there's a true problem in the online BMW community. Too many twin turbo charged nuthuggers, too many old timers, and too many people unwilling to face the fact that yes a FBO 335i is faster than a FBO M3. OMGWTFBBQ!!!! Who cares truly. Who the hell cares. The E92 M3 is still the better car.
    Simple as that. Thread was over when the "deciding" factor on the engines was a youtube pull video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by S62R Click here to enlarge
    And a GT4 is not a real race car.It is a gentleman's club sport car as almost all parts are road car parts.
    Like a 997 GT3 wouldn't you say?

The design of the P65 is based on the S65,which does not mean it shares any important parts with the road engine.
    But means the architecture has proven itself in racing. The N54 hasn't and really let's all be honest, it can't.

For the E46 M3 is PLENTY of quality reasonable priced track parts around.
    According to some people in this thread the S54 is an even bigger pile of junk than all these motors because it only makes 275 wheel stock and has even less room to gain naturally aspirated. Obviously anyone with any knowledge knows what a jewel it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Realistically, where can you legally go above 100 mph in the US? If you have a car with a bizillion hp can you really have fun on a street with it?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    At the drag strip, local circuits & airfield events legally. You can most certainly have fun with more than 500whp on the streets, I've seen cars with double that power throw down many times.
    I am going to be honest here... This is the difference that will never be understood until people drive the car. I have NEVER felt comfortable or confident in a car at triple digit speeds as I do with an M3. Quick lane changes are still possible at these speeds, whereas say on a 335i - the car rolls and feels downright scary. I drive at triple digits ALL THE TIME in my M3, in any other car that I have owned I have never done this however. I really think people just don't get this part - it's that different. You get yourself a good radar detector, find a good road without traffic - the only possible person to hurt is yourself, and yes - triple digits all the time for me. The car was built for this, no reason to not use it. Click here to enlarge

Just sayin' - I am sure people on this site with blown Ms or well setup Corvettes are in the triple digits deeply on a daily basis.

I really want to drive a new Porsche, they are supposed to be even better at high speeds...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    They blew it bc they failed to stay ahead of the pack and be the benchmark, like every other m3 has been before it. With the s65, although it's a brilliant motor, it's not what that e9x chassis needed to separate it from the pack. Again this is my opinion.... And I'm not saying the s65 is a bad motor in design, it just fails in the current chassis in which its built. IMO the s65 would have been great for the e46 m3.
    The M3 is the benchmark in its class so your point makes no sense.

How is the E9X M3 different than the E46 M3 in this respect?

When did the M3 ever separate itself from the pack acceleration wise? When?

There were always faster Porsches, Vettes, Vipers, whatever. It was NEVER a straightline monster. The problem here is people don't even understand what the M3 is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Make sure you yell out the window to the guy in the tuned 335 pulling you on the highway that if you had bmw's lemans m3 race car, it would be a different story.
    I would love to yell that to the 335 owner but they never can stay next to me long enough. And if you throw in curves...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Um I do know this, I actually watch those races and cheer on the m3's. Again, those cars are very different than the street version I can buy that gets smoked by a fbo 335.

Why are we comparing race cars to street cars anyway?

Here is a nice article on the racing version of bmw's m3 that weighs 800 lbs less than the street car and hits the 1/4 at 11 seconds flat.... Where can I order that? Oh I can't, again I have been referring to the street car, stop discussing race cars.

I can buy a ford fiesta and tell everyone how fast it is in the wrc and how my motor is used in racing .... http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/01/f...f-season-debu/

Gimme a break.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...r-feature-test
    Those comments were direct @LostMarine. I don't consider you as poorly educated on the topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Damn bobs, I agree with you 100%... As a road course car, it is great. As a street car it gets blown away by N54 powered cars in almost everything including modability, mpgs, price and suprisingly weight. To the guy who said; BMW doesnt care about modded cars, that is bull$#@!. When it cuts into their bottom line when many owners say that a 335i is good enough for me on the street especially when I can mod it... they get very pissed. This is why the 1M was made and the N54 was replaced... Once again this was never an issue w previous generations.
    First of all, the M3 with bolt ons runs 11's, ok? It isn't being beat with pump gas and N54 owners have an over-inflated view of themselves.

Like the one who showed up to race me early on and I destroyed him. The torque went to his head.

The 1M was made because people were buying a badge and not a real M car. It's not a real M car, never will be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    So much for my 500 rwhp on a budget discussion. E46 M3 still looks like the best option for what I want to do. Time will tell though.
    Here's your answer: Buy whatever your budget can support, N54 looks like its perfect for you, do that. Your graph illustrates an emphasis on budget HP. Follow that instinct.

New topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean, at this point - it seems like BMW should just throw some 8 liter V8s in their M cars, would make everyone very happy with all that "pullin' torque". I can't tell if people are being serious right now, it's like the people that have posted here for the past couple years have just lost their minds.

Holy $#@!, I mean I understand making your car fast in a straight line, M or not - but the M is NOT made only for this. I thought this was understood by everyone. Take your car to a damn race track at least once before you dismiss the car as crap. Race it against more powerful cars with higher displacement or turbos... I am shocked to see this to be honest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I mean, at this point - it seems like BMW should just throw some 8 liter V8s in their M cars, would make everyone very happy with all that "pullin' torque". I can't tell if people are being serious right now, it's like the people that have posted here for the past couple years have just lost their minds.

Holy $#@!, I mean I understand making your car fast in a straight line, M or not - but the M is NOT made only for this. I thought this was understood by everyone. Take your car to a damn race track at least once before you dismiss the car as crap. Race it against more powerful cars with higher displacement or turbos... I am shocked to see this to be honest.
    I'm kind of sad to see it come to nothing but power and mods for some short blasts for people. These used to be the American car guys BMW owners would make fun of.

Now, some of them have become exactly that. Welcome to the BMW turbo era.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    They blew it bc they failed to stay ahead of the pack and be the benchmark, like every other m3 has been before it. With the s65, although it's a brilliant motor, it's not what that e9x chassis needed to separate it from the pack. Again this is my opinion.... And I'm not saying the s65 is a bad motor in design, it just fails in the current chassis in which its built. IMO the s65 would have been great for the e46 m3.
    The E9x M3s biggest problem was it lost the focus -- It became heavy, more about modern comforts (NAV, big sound system, comfy seats, etc) & selling an expensive sports car. The E46 (one generation apart) was an animal, it had a phenomenal motor & came with just enough comfort options that it didn't hinder performance (NAV/LCD screen was optional, there wasn't a ridiculous sound system option, etc).

If BMW wants the M3 to continue to remain the top dog, it's going to need to really evaluate what they're building -- a street usable weekend race car (like you highlighted, the E30, E36 & E46) OR a glitzy, high priced 3 series that they can slap some M badges on and sell for $20k more than the 335/435.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am going to be honest here... This is the difference that will never be understood until people drive the car. I have NEVER felt comfortable or confident in a car at triple digit speeds as I do with an M3. Quick lane changes are still possible at these speeds, whereas say on a 335i - the car rolls and feels downright scary. I drive at triple digits ALL THE TIME in my M3, in any other car that I have owned I have never done this however. I really think people just don't get this part - it's that different. You get yourself a good radar detector, find a good road without traffic - the only possible person to hurt is yourself, and yes - triple digits all the time for me. The car was built for this, no reason to not use it. Click here to enlarge

Just sayin' - I am sure people on this site with blown Ms or well setup Corvettes are in the triple digits deeply on a daily basis.

I really want to drive a new Porsche, they are supposed to be even better at high speeds...
    So now, AGAIN, we're talking chassis, tires and suspension setups. GREAT! Take a 1M, throw on a set of ER twin oil coolers, give it a good road course tune for pump gas and we'll see how that S65 does in comparison on a "road course".

Unless you're now talking endurance racing and Le Mans which we ALL participate in every year, as pro drivers of course.

We were talking about a car us "normal" humans buy that we drive mostly on the street but its also taken to the road course to have fun with and sometimes dragged. Some people seem to forget the point of this thread.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    First of all, the M3 with bolt ons runs 11's, ok? It isn't being beat with pump gas and N54 owners have an over-inflated view of themselves.

Like the one who showed up to race me early on and I destroyed him. The torque went to his head.

The 1M was made because people were buying a badge and not a real M car. It's not a real M car, never will be.
    Who're you to judge what a real M car is? Just because it has a history in N/A it doesn't mean its not an M car as times evolve. Its not all in the motor, well, clearly to you it may be.

Again, suspension setups, tires, LSD talk. Take a 1M bone stock, cool it down properly, run pump gas and run circles around that S65.

I'm kind of sad to see it come to nothing but power and mods for some short blasts for people. These used to be the American car guys BMW owners would make fun of.

Now, some of them have become exactly that. Welcome to the BMW turbo era.
    CHEERS to that!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Who're you to judge what a real M car is?
    I'm sticky and I own and operate BimmerBoost.com and have owned and modified M cars. Who are you?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Just because it has a history in N/A it doesn't mean its not an M car as times evolve
    I don't equate forced induction to evolution.

CHEERS to that!
    You must not have understand the tone of those posts. It's a shame. Now we have to deal with this kind of garbage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People forget that these are both street cars and BMW themselves market them as such...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sticky and I own and operate BimmerBoost.com and have owned and modified M cars. Who are you?
    I wasn't asking if you ran a forum or had enough dough to buy a car. I'm telling you you're a bit dilusional to be making yourself into a "critic" on what BMW should or should not be calling an M motor.

I don't equate forced induction to evolution.
    I never said FI = evolution. Its where development is heading in a major way whether you like it or not. We're having air PUMPED above atmospheric pressures into the motor and this is now the DEVIL. It simply isn't and is a new approach to M motor design. Accept it or not it really doesn't matter. You're being sentimental and nostalgic and there clearly is a problem with that here.

You must not have understand the tone of those posts. It's a shame. Now we have to deal with this kind of garbage.
    Why because I welcome FI to this platform? You've spent how much time/money now building your own motor to handle FI? Why? Its the DEVIL!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wasn't asking if you ran a forum or had enough dough to buy a car. I'm telling you you're a bit dilusional to be making yourself into a "critic" on what BMW should or should not be calling an M motor.
    I think I'm far more qualified in this respect than you. And considering my readership I think my critique is much more valid than yours.

BMW themselves decides what should or should not be an M motor. Hence the letter "S" in the designation. Notice... the N54 doesn't have it.

I never said FI = evolution. Its where development is heading in a major way whether you like it or not. We're having air PUMPED above atmospheric pressures into the motor and this is now the DEVIL. It simply isn't and is a new approach to M motor design. Accept it or not it really doesn't matter. You're being sentimental and nostalgic and there clearly is a problem with that here.
    It's not the devil it just makes for people like yourself who think the be all end all of a motor is how much more you can raise boost pressure. Wow, so cool.

Why because I welcome FI to this platform? You've spent how much time/money now building your own motor to handle FI? Why? Its the DEVIL!
    For power you need forced induction. The ultimate thing you should take away is power is not the be all end of all of engine design. Why can't people get this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I do drive at triple digit speeds often when weather permits. With that said, it can get scary in my e92 if the road isn't perfectly straight @ 140+. That is biggest complaint with the n54 based cars, that bmw sacraficed handling for comfort. Now the good thing is I can do something about that, which is the case for most cars.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast