Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Quick peek at the N55 compressor wheel compared to the 15T stage 2 wheel. Keep in mind this is our prototype and will be changed for the N55, this is a sample with the correct inducer and exducer sizing and profile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Sick!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

WOW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Wow, that is beautiful. Can we get any inducer/exducer spec sizing of that turbine? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

N55 is about to get some SERIOUS loving... COBB better get the PROtuning module ready
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

lmao anyone else remember vishnu saying they were doing something with n55 turbo upgrade when n54 single was first released....Click here to enlarge

keep walking the walk and forget the talk good job tony!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Amazing! Tony, you are guardian angel of the N55's lol
    AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE ColdFront | Bootmod3 BEF | Dodson Superstock Clutch | EoS Intercooler | ER Downpipes | ER Chargepipes | Fuel-It Platinum PI | Ice Tank | JB4 | Pure Stage 2 | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Built Motor (Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port & Polish)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    lmao anyone else remember vishnu saying they were doing something with n55 turbo upgrade when n54 single was first released....Click here to enlarge

keep walking the walk and forget the talk good job tony!
    Yup i remember those days... was prolly more than a year ago. They are trying to release some bug fixes to their N55 tune but i'm not convinced to even try it at this point. cobb s2 is ok for now until s2+ maps comes out... if that doesn't do it for me then i'll try vishnu again with meth for the summer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

wow!

i had a customer that ditched the procede and went with Cobb..he said he doesnt know why he never listened to me sooner....the N55 is so much more wild with it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I wanna rep you more Tony but I gotta spread it around some lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Quick peek at the N55 compressor wheel compared to the 15T stage 2 wheel. Keep in mind this is our prototype and will be changed for the N55, this is a sample with the correct inducer and exducer sizing and profile.
    Wow... night and day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Inducer/exducer specs?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

wow, it's not going to be long before an N55 single is just going to be heaps easier than trying to get everything together on the N54 for a similar setup.

lucky lucky N55 owners >_<

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wow, it's not going to be long before an N55 single is just going to be heaps easier than trying to get everything together on the N54 for a similar setup.

lucky lucky N55 owners >_<
    I said this a long time ago... only downside it seems will be the tuning with valvetronic but that will come as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I said this a long time ago... only downside it seems will be the tuning with valvetronic but that will come as well.
    N52 valvetronic tuning doesnt seem to be a headache too much

and worst case for basics you lock to max lift and screw fuel economy lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    N52 valvetronic tuning doesnt seem to be a headache too much

and worst case for basics you lock to max lift and screw fuel economy lol
    I'm sure it will all get figured out. Things look good for the future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Something tells me that's not going to fit in the stock compressor housing, which is fine.

I need this!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hopefully these can be in people's hands by September, in time before the tracks close.
    AWE Non-Res Exhaust | AWE ColdFront | Bootmod3 BEF | Dodson Superstock Clutch | EoS Intercooler | ER Downpipes | ER Chargepipes | Fuel-It Platinum PI | Ice Tank | JB4 | Pure Stage 2 | Swift Springs | TPG/DSS 1200hp Axles | Built Motor (Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port & Polish)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sA x sKy Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully these can be in people's hands by September, in time before the tracks close.
    Gonna be a combination of the turbos & tuning being ready.... N55 owner's better hope that COBB gets it together so they can get the fueling + everything in line to support this turbo upgrade (PROtuning?)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hate to be the bad guy but did @VargasTurboTech notice the post on 4/23/13 on n54tech where it was discovered that the N55 turbo is an "R" (spins backwards from normal)? RB said that could be a nail in the coffin, at least for EFR parts. Any comments?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Of course we know its reverse rotation, they are becoming more and popular in modern engines due to space constraints. All this means for me is having my wheels manufactured in reverse rotation, something we have done on other platforms already. As far as nail on the coffin for EFR. Yes and no, I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 04-25-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good to hear! My paypal is ready when you are! I'm in South Florida with a 6mt + meth.

-Jose

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Um, if you are a turbo manufacture and didn't notice the N55 was reverse rotation the second you took it apart andlooked at it, it might be time for another job. Of course we know its reverse rotation, they are becoming more and popular in modern engines due to space constraints. All this means for me is having my wheels manufactured in reverse rotation, something we have done on other platforms already. As far as nail on the coffin for EFR. Yes and no, I'll leave it at that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um, if you are a turbo manufacture and didn't notice the N55 was reverse rotation the second you took it apart andlooked at it, it might be time for another job. Of course we know its reverse rotation, they are becoming more and popular in modern engines due to space constraints. All this means for me is having my wheels manufactured in reverse rotation, something we have done on other platforms already. As far as nail on the coffin for EFR. Yes and no, I'll leave it at that.
    Awesome post. I didn't see the post by RB, but he has been claiming that the N55 turbo upgrade is way to difficult to do or that it has all these issues. After seeing what you did with the Stage 3 twins I have supreme confidence that you will come up with an awesome solution. Also this upgrade is the only thing helping me hold on to this car. If this didnt come out i was likely going to move over to an N54 powered car or the ATS-V when it came out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I'm trying to pick up a 2011 135i MSport 6MT right now Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shogun1122 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome post. I didn't see the post by RB, but he has been claiming that the N55 turbo upgrade is way to difficult to do or that it has all these issues. After seeing what you did with the Stage 3 twins I have supreme confidence that you will come up with an awesome solution. Also this upgrade is the only thing helping me hold on to this car. If this didnt come out i was likely going to move over to an N54 powered car or the ATS-V when it came out.
    Thanks man, This is no way a bash on RB but I had a feeling he didn't realize it was reverse rotation. From what he was hinting to I assumed 99% he was going EFR, this was my own thinking as a decent solution until I got the core and immediately realized it was reverse rotation, and scraped that idea. I then just started doing research, figured out a good combo, and ordered our reverse rotation wheels about a month ago I posted the sample I have already got back. 30 turbines and 30 compressor wheels, looks like I expect to sell a few of them..Click here to enlarge The sample wheel I posted up there I also hinted that it wasn't the correct wheel (AKA normal rotation) and that is was just a sample in Inducer, Exducer sizing, and profile. Just to be clear, our N55 upgrade will be nothing you can get off the shelf, due to the complicated nature of a reverse rotation wheel we had to have everything custom made to our exact specs. It looks like Rob is contemplating a full upgrade with manifold and everything,(this will drive the price up I would imagine), or a compressor only upgrade, this would net a some HP I am sure, but not enough for what this platform will be capable of once this tuning is done IMHO. The turbine wheel, compressor wheel combo I have chosen is proven to make 600 WHP on other platforms, in this platform as I stated I see it supporting 500-550 WHP. Things are looking bright for the N55...Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast