Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    things that was supposed to give us 100hp gains on top of ASR upgraded twins, and at the time seemed like vaporware.
    That was just all talk and ASR anything pretty much is vaporware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That was just all talk and ASR anything pretty much is vaporware.
    Maybe it was paw that said 100hp gains up top, but somebody said it. After several of these type of updates is where my eye rolling started. But perhaps ASR is a better representative for my point, lol.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Soo, back on topic. Any updates?
    Click here to enlarge
    | BMS JB4 ISO | BMS METH KIT | BMS DP | BMS Intake |
    | ER CP | Helix FMIC | B3 FLASH | KW V2 | VMR 718 | HANKOOK V12 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by badblk335i Click here to enlarge
    Soo, back on topic. Any updates?
    As a matter of a fact there is. We took delivery of our N55 turbo a few weeks back and have hatched a solid plan for the upgrade. I am waiting until we get Stage 2 out the door, stage 3 tuned, and priced before we move forward, but I have a California N55 owner who is just waiting for the word to lend us his car. So it will progress swiftly once we get the few other things out of the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good to hear!
    Click here to enlarge
    | BMS JB4 ISO | BMS METH KIT | BMS DP | BMS Intake |
    | ER CP | Helix FMIC | B3 FLASH | KW V2 | VMR 718 | HANKOOK V12 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wouldn't let me Rep you LOL. These guys have been waiting a long time for this Tony. Can't wait to see what it's going to be.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    As a matter of a fact there is. We took delivery of our N55 turbo a few weeks back and have hatched a solid plan for the upgrade. I am waiting until we get Stage 2 out the door, stage 3 tuned, and priced before we move forward, but I have a California N55 owner who is just waiting for the word to lend us his car. So it will progress swiftly once we get the few other things out of the way.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how we doin guys?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sloppy Click here to enlarge
    how we doin guys?
    Great, we got it figured out. We are moving forward nicely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Great, we got it figured out. We are moving forward nicely.
    Can't wait.. we need to see the N Fifty Fail become the N Fifty Win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Anything above 500 on 91 octane is good with me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Subscribed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by melloww22 Click here to enlarge
    Anything above 500 on 91 octane is good with me
    I would love to see 500 whp on pump but i think the jury is still out. I know that Tony stated that it should be in that range but my guess is that number would be on some combo of either E85 or meth. I would be happy with a reliable 450 on pump.

@VargasTurboTech correct me if I'm wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A single, twin scroll would be nice Click here to enlarge GTX35r
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait to see this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    A single, twin scroll would be nice Click here to enlarge GTX35r
    I think he already stated that its going to be something in the range of Vargas Stage 2 and the RB's. It's gonna be a new compressor housing and wheel most likely using the standard exhaust turbine manifold. However, seeing a gtx series or an EFR series on the n55, would be badass.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I think he already stated that its going to be something in the range of Vargas Stage 2 and the RB's. It's gonna be a new compressor housing and wheel most likely using the standard exhaust turbine manifold. However, seeing a gtx series or an EFR series on the n55, would be badass.
    Oh, I don't recall that. I thought it was determined squeezing a larger wheel in there would be useless? HUH. I'm a little disapointed, haha. I figured a ST upgrade on the N55 would be easier than the N54. I'll keep my eye on this Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not sure exactly where you got this info, it is not correct at all. I am not releasing what we are doing as there are other people trying to get their N55 upgrade off the ground and I am not giving them ideas. It will be a completely different turbocharger CHRA. Comparing tiny stage 2 turbos to a single that is needed to power 500-525 HP is not even comparable. When the turbo is ready and tested we will let everyone know what it is, but I can say it is something everyone will be very excited about. Most people have not seen a N55 manifold and housing. The thing is beefy and we will see what it supports, we are no longer doing the updates as we go along, we will be build the turbo, test it, and release numbers and information at that point. The amount of stress generated by people on the forums is not worth posting as you go along. I will let everyone know when we begin testing. Its not too far out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    we are no longer doing the updates as we go along, we will be build the turbo, test it, and release numbers and information at that point. The amount of stress generated by people on the forums is not worth posting as you go along. I will let everyone know when we begin testing. Its not too far out.
    Cannot blame you in the least. The amount of flack the N54 product received last go-round is pretty sad.

On a positive note, this will be a breakthrough upgrade for future N55/N54 comparisons.

Nice work Vargas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure exactly where you got this info, it is not correct at all. I am not releasing what we are doing as there are other people trying to get their N55 upgrade off the ground and I am not giving them ideas. It will be a completely different turbocharger CHRA. Comparing tiny stage 2 turbos to a single that is needed to power 500-525 HP is not even comparable. When the turbo is ready and tested we will let everyone know what it is, but I can say it is something everyone will be very excited about. Most people have not seen a N55 manifold and housing. The thing is beefy and we will see what it supports, we are no longer doing the updates as we go along, we will be build the turbo, test it, and release numbers and information at that point. The amount of stress generated by people on the forums is not worth posting as you go along. I will let everyone know when we begin testing. Its not too far out.
    I'm not saying literally a td04 housing from the N54 that you use. I'm saying something like a td06 housing size. I swear I read somewhere that you were not doing a stage 3 for the n55 just yet. You will be doing a stage 2 that consists of what I was saying. If I find it I will show you.

Are you doing a stage 2 and a stage 3 big turbo system?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not saying literally a td04 housing from the N54 that you use. I'm saying something like a td06 housing size. I swear I read somewhere that you were not doing a stage 3 for the n55 just yet. You will be doing a stage 2 that consists of what I was saying. If I find it I will show you.

Are you doing a stage 2 and a stage 3 big turbo system?
    Replacing the entire turbo is not cost effective nor needed to get to 500 HP. A stage 3 upgrade is something we would consider 600 plus. Similar to stage 2 in some aspects, but TD06 it will not be, the turbo in the car is not an MHI, it is a Borg Warner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OOHH, i didn't know it was a BW TS. NICE! Looking forward to the release. I'm sure it'll be a great day for N55 owners.

Replacing the entire turbo is not cost effective nor needed to get to 500 HP. A stage 3 upgrade is something we would consider 600 plus. Similar to stage 2 in some aspects, but TD06 it will not be, the turbo in the car is not an MHI, it is a Borg Warner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Right, I understand lol. I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying so I'm just gonna leave it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Right, I understand lol. I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying so I'm just gonna leave it.
    I think I get what you are saying now, and it is accurate to a point. I read it wrong first time through.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Really pumped to see how this turns out. Will there be multiple size options that target the transmissions differently? I know the 6MTs can rev higher than the autos will allow, so for those of us with 6ATs (even with Alpina flash Click here to enlarge ) have a turbo that targets a power band slightly lower in the rev range since we'll miss that top end?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast