Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    That looks badass. I need to setup a system of mirrors so I can see my single turbo from under the hood Click here to enlarge
    with as often as its on a lift, i would think your tired of seeing them..

just playing, too easy Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    with as often as its on a lift, i would think your tired of seeing them..

just playing, too easy Click here to enlarge
    Lol. You can't really see it from under the car. There is brace in the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i understand what meth is and what it does. i had it on my previous car but i just ran 100% meth since day one. my question was is there something wrong with 100% meth on stock turbos

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alexx03 Click here to enlarge
    i understand what meth is and what it does. i had it on my previous car but i just ran 100% meth since day one. my question was is there something wrong with 100% meth on stock turbos
    On the n54 100% seems optimal for performance BUT 60% is recommended from a safety perspective AND is "good enough".

I ran 75-80% with a trunk mount kit.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

saftey as in breaking something on the car or just because of the flammable issues of not have any mixture?
    thanks for clearing it all up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    saftey as in breaking something on the car or just because of the flammable issues of not have any mixture?
    because of the fire hazard, there been a few burned n54's due to meth (WW-tank)
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    okay kool thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, I'm very excited about Vargas and CB Performance Auto because both companies move very quickly!

Last year was suppose to be "The Year of the N54," but we were let down by both Vishnu and HPF. Let's hope this year will truly be our year!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

@xbox_fan you need to buy that EP now. It makes the car, better than anything else you can do to improve your enjoyment.
    2015 - Cayman GTS - Stock
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired
    2007 - 911 Turbo - EP1/AMS (617 awtq and 500 awhp) - Retired
    2008 - 335i e92 - Cobb/AR/Helix/OSS (384 rwtq and 356 rwhp) - Retired
    2003 and 2005 330i/ci zhp - Stock - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

How were you let down by Vishnu? They probably were some of the fastest moving ever to get a kit into real world production. They also worked through the foundation of making this possible. These days everyone knows that you need the O2s pre turbo and bank merger, but how? Just think some credit is due to the persons who actually brought a real product and offering to you. Not only that, their kit is VERY well put together. Material and welds and options, all top flight stuff. Just my $.02.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    Damn, I'm very excited about Vargas and CB Performance Auto because both companies move very quickly!

Last year was suppose to be "The Year of the N54," but we were let down by both Vishnu and HPF. Let's hope this year will truly be our year!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    How were you let down by Vishnu?
    Hype and result were not equal to one another.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

A lot of people went with the cheapest meth setup in the windshield washer neck. Unfortunately when this cracked/leaked, the high concentration meth fluid would leak onto a hot engine (most likely the DPs) and instantly go up in flames. The easiest way to avoid this is go to a trunk mounted tank & regularly check your lines
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    @xbox_fan you need to buy that EP now. It makes the car, better than anything else you can do to improve your enjoyment.
    I know, the car is great but sound is a disappointment. The wife wants to buy a new house, and I need a proper garage so all savings are going towards that now, maybe next summer I can swap injectors and get the e85 tune + exhaust
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's what I had done to mine. If I did it all over again, I would go exhaust and hold off on the tune. Yes it was faster, but could never use it on the road. Where as the exhaust gives you shivers.

http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...eel-horsepower
    2011 - 335is e92 - Cobb PTF E40/Rob Beck/AR/Helix (458 rwtq and 479 rwhp) - Retired

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mithiral67 Click here to enlarge
    Here's what I had done to mine. If I did it all over again, I would go exhaust and hold off on the tune. Yes it was faster, but could never use it on the road. Where as the exhaust gives you shivers.

http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...eel-horsepower

Yeah read that thread more than once Click here to enlarge But you seemed happy with the EP stage 1, maybe I should go easy and be ok with "just" the stage 1 as well. I dont know anyone here in Stockholm who has either so I just have to guess. I really would like it to be louder but the legal limit is 98db at 4500rpms, dont want to be forced to get rid of the exhaust.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just realized I never threw up a review on the exhaust here. For those that would be interested.

http://www.porscheboost.com/showthre...244#post392244

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That maybe but hardware is hardware and they have a fantastic hardware solution that is original and even though all others will have much to learn from it... it is doubtful they will be able to improve upon it. And besides, who knows how many more years would've went by before someone had the mind to think of yet alone balls enough to try the pre O2 solution? They did, and for that they deserve a little respect IMO.

The hype you speak of was calculated by airflow potential of the unit, but getting all of that to effectively hit the payment on this platform is 1/8th the battle; there is much to overcome. It is what it is.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Hype and result were not equal to one another.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That maybe but hardware is hardware and they have a fantastic hardware solution that is original and even though all others will have much to learn from it... it is doubtful they will be able to improve upon it. And besides, who knows how many more years would've went by before someone had the mind to think of yet alone balls enough to try the pre O2 solution? They did, and for that they deserve a little respect IMO.

The hype you speak of was calculated by airflow potential of the unit, but getting all of that to effectively hit the payment on this platform is 1/8th the battle; there is much to overcome. It is what it is.
    I'm not entirely convinced the pre turbo O2 sensor arrangement is working. eleventeen is experiencing some mystery misfires and all the vishnu ST guys are silent... very silent. Despite promises that they would be otherwise.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Rob, I have a lot of respect for you making that objective statement.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some people who fabricated their single turbo manifolds long time ago are still waiting for the solution for enabling their traditional O2s placement. Their manifolds are still collecting dust: ScrotieMcBoogerBalls, DOC RACE / HPF, Skydive... So, in comparison, pre-O2 placement looks like a winner...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not entirely convinced the pre turbo O2 sensor arrangement is working. eleventeen is experiencing some mystery misfires and all the vishnu ST guys are silent... very silent. Despite promises that they would be otherwise.
    Although I don't think my misfire is a result of the O2 sensor placement (since it is only on one cylinder), I will say I'm already on my 3rd 02 sensor on the rear bank due to what I believe are heat issues. I made a heat shield / heat sink setup, so we'll see if that works this time around. Placement before the turbo is definitely not ideal. I would love if Cobb or someone could run the two banks as one like the N55 does.

I wonder if Terry could build a hardware solution that would use one sensor to feed identical data to both banks, to see if that would keep trims identical. That way the sensor could be placed after the turbo.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The N54 was not designed to be run with a single. Until something like PROefi is available for the platform (which by the way is going to jack the price of this sub 5K turbo kit everone is talking about wanting to more like 8) these issues are going to exist. This is the EXACT reason we spent the extra time and money to go twins. All four O2's post turbo and stock vacuum actuated wastegates will go a long way to avoiding the tuning headaches it seems all the singles are plagued with. This is honestly why I am a little surprised people are just pumping out singles with no real way to tune them properly as of yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    All four O2's post turbo and stock vacuum actuated wastegates will go a long way to avoiding the tuning headaches it seems all the singles are plagued with. This is honestly why I am a little surprised people are just pumping out singles with no real way to tune them properly as of yet.
    This is very interesting right here...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's cause the uneducated fanbase thinks N54 = modern/euro 2JZ. The if you want the monster HP numbers to brag about, you gotta ditch the twins & go big single turbo. Shiv knew by developing the 1st single turbo N54, he'd have a great opportunity to cash in on it. Only problem was (and still is) that he forgot that developing the physical components of the kit was the easy part, nailing down the software coupled with a quality "turn key" tune is the real challenge.

This isn't shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that the current piggys or flashes aren't the ideal options for tuning a single turbo N54. Look at the cars that were never designed for FI (TT-Gs, TT-GT40s, HPF Turbo M3s), and even the cars that came turbo'd but are heavily modded (Supras, 996/997, GTRs), the best way to tune & run headache free is to run them on an standalone ECU. Infamous words, but you gotta pay to play.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast