Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Anyone here into music production?

If anyone here is into producing some dirty filthy beats, I just had a quick question for ya.

I'm nearing the completion of my PC build and I was thinking, rather than getting a sound card and some regular desktop pc speakers, I should hook up some studio monitors. I figure if I'm gonna be playing a game I'll be using my usb headset. But when I wanna listen to some music I can listen through some high quality studio monitors instead (I'm really into making sure my music sounds good lol)

I was looking at some KRK rokit 5's

Anyone know what steps I would need to take to get these hooked up to my PC properly? What equipment would I need? DAC amp or something like that? Any help is greatly appreciated Click here to enlarge

Thanks guys Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @DBFIU is...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey dudes.

I have a set of KRK rokit 5's and they are great. But take a look at the Samson Rubicons with the ribbon tweeters, I hear they are better but you cant go wrong with KRK.

Don't go crazy spending money on hardware. Learning how to make music is not easy, at least for me it wasnt. I used to put a lot of money into my hardware and eventually figured out it doesnt matter what I bought, my music just wasnt that good. You'd be suprised what a good artist can do with just a laptop and Reason 4 + Pro tools.

Think of it like this, steve tyler can probably make a better sounding song with a $#@!ty 80 dollar walmart guitar than the average joe with a 2000 dollar electric guitar. Practice practice practice.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Hey dudes.

I have a set of KRK rokit 5's and they are great. But take a look at the Samson Rubicons with the ribbon tweeters, I hear they are better but you cant go wrong with KRK.

Don't go crazy spending money on hardware. Learning how to make music is not easy, at least for me it wasnt. I used to put a lot of money into my hardware and eventually figured out it doesnt matter what I bought, my music just wasnt that good. You'd be suprised what a good artist can do with just a laptop and Reason 4 + Pro tools.

Think of it like this, steve tyler can probably make a better sounding song with a $#@!ty 80 dollar walmart guitar than the average joe with a 2000 dollar electric guitar. Practice practice practice.
    What would I need to get these connected to my computer? USB adapter or something?

I'm not really looking to produce, just have some nice clean sounding speakers
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge