Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Terry, what option do you recommend?

and could you list where to acquire the parts? *cough cough add to your website*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Only limitation is that smaller lines will hit parallels flow harder than it would on series. So it should also be determined of the stock lines are a significant restriction yet.
    Yes, and how you determine things like that is through testing. Start at the pumps and move forward. Ripping lines out when they haven't deemed to be restrictive is the cart before the horse when we haven't found the limits of the HPFP or really limits of the E85 and stock pump in parallel yet. Since I am in there and already have the E85 mounted in the bucket I may just run down the street grab another E85 and run it in parallel with the first. Haven't decided yet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge

and could you list where to acquire the parts? *cough cough add to your website*
    He alread did the parts list. To run parallel, just buy extra Tee's and use as needed. Series just buy extra 5/16"s connectors and use as needed. I mean you guys are smart enough to figure that out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    He alread did the parts list. To run parallel, just buy extra Tee's and use as needed. Series just buy extra 5/16"s connectors and use as needed. I mean you guys are smart enough to figure that out.
    Yeah i didn't fully read the post. Ill do that now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

No issue copying the results over here. On the factory + E85 parallel, I have not tested it in car yet so I'm not sure if the regulator is up to it. Also not sure if the power supply is up to providing that sort of current.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yeah i didn't fully read the post. Ill do that now.
    Its not in this post. Check the original fuel pump post. People list all the parts and part numbers to get you going

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Its not in this post. Check the original fuel pump post. People list all the parts and part numbers to get you going
    Thanks tony

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No issue copying the results over here. On the factory + E85 parallel, I have not tested it in car yet so I'm not sure if the regulator is up to it. Also not sure if the power supply is up to providing that sort of current.
    Terry do know off hand, what amp fuse the fuel pump circuit is using? I am going to just assume the amperage is not an issue since the Vishu upgrade is pulling the same amperage and no one has posted anything about issues with blown fuses etc. Guess I'll be the tester for the parallel set up. Only problem is. Car isnt running, so I can't just install and see how its working.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Probably a safe assumption. I don't know the fuse number off hand but its on the little fuse card.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Probably a safe assumption. I don't know the fuse number off hand but its on the little fuse card.
    Ok thanks. I'll let you know how it goes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Good results. Now how about running set restriction and varying pump output to 75psi and then reading the current. The objective when installed is not really to run the pumps at max flow IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ferruccio Click here to enlarge
    Great job Terry! I'm very eager to see what sorts of results we'll see. I know that the vishnu system offers some kind of machined Venturi connector to the Walbro in-line pump. Is such a setup done here? I don't know whether it makes a difference or not. I am speaking from ignorance.
    The pump they are using is the same pump we are using, and its meant to be used as an in tank pump. Since they are running it in series they've had to machine an adapter to hold the pump and force pressure in what would normally be the pumps filtered input. So to simulate that I just hose clamped a line on the input. It's not very elegant but was not leaking and thus good enough for bench testing.

At the end of the day they are charging $600 for a $200 pump kit and have a lot of interest to keep that gravy train going. So no matter what we say or how we test it I'm sure Shiv will come up with some great reasons why our tests are not valid. But I've gotten everything I wanted to know from the testing.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

All things considered I like the single Walbro w/ OEM venturi because I know it works well, and clearly flows more than enough for my needs. But I'd love to see a customer test the simpler Walbro $100 inline option.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes, and how you determine things like that is through testing. Start at the pumps and move forward. Ripping lines out when they haven't deemed to be restrictive is the cart before the horse when we haven't found the limits of the HPFP or really limits of the E85 and stock pump in parallel yet. Since I am in there and already have the E85 mounted in the bucket I may just run down the street grab another E85 and run it in parallel with the first. Haven't decided yet
    I didn't so much as hint at ripping lines out. I said it should be determined if they are a restriction. That can be done either through testing, or by measuring the ID of the line...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Would running the lpfp system at 90 or 100 psi help the hpfp to keep up at really high fueling targets? If the hpfp can't be replaced yet because there are no aftermarket parts, what can be done, anything?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I was originally thinking about getting the in-line system, then, after reading the speculation, decided that a single Walbro E85 would be best. However, you recommend using an in-line universal instead of an outright replacement for people running in the mid 400whp range. Is this because of the difference in price?

The current the in-line Walbro E85 (Vishnu) demands kind of scares me. I wouldn't want the extra heat wearing things down more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ferruccio Click here to enlarge
    I was originally thinking about getting the in-line system, then, after reading the speculation, decided that a single Walbro E85 would be best. However, you recommend using an in-line universal instead of an outright replacement for people running in the mid 400whp range. Is this because of the difference in price?

The current the in-line Walbro E85 (Vishnu) demands kind of scares me. I wouldn't want the extra heat wearing things down more.
    Price and ease of install for those who will never make more than 500whp. I can't say I suggest it yet, but I'd like to see some guys test it out, as it seems promising on the bench.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok so got the parallel rig put together and installed. Its honestly pretty straight forward. You have to leave out the stock pump holder, and rotate the stock pump slightly so the venturi nozzle is not in its holder just slightly off to the side. This will allow the Walbro to share the bucket with it, while the venturi still pulls from its original location. Once you do that the Walbro with its sock will fit into the bucket with the stock pump and they actually stay in place very well. Once you get the bucket lid back in place you will see if will not fit now, but all you have to is cut out a small section and it clears both pumps great. If you secure the bucket top with a couple wire ties you are good to go. I just powered both pumps in tandem off the stock plug, if this is an issue and it pops fuses we will have to address it then. Once you get to the lines its just 5/16" fuel line coming off both pump out lets fed around the collapsible leg and coming into a 5/16" Tee. Secure it all with clamps and this will be going to the orange line. I put some extra hose on the orange line to give it a little freedom to move in the tank so not to pinch anything. It all fits back in pretty nice and seems like it should work well. Took a few pics. But not too many. Now we at least hopefully wont have to worry about low fuel pressure once we get stage 3 installed. Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Good stuff Tony.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Awesome Tony! I know you had an HPFP off, does the 5/16" line carry all the way to the HPFP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Awesome Tony! I know you had an HPFP off, does the 5/16" line carry all the way to the HPFP?
    Honestly I am not sure. Terry would know better than me. My Long block came with the HPFP on it. I just pulled it off, never followed the line all the way forward. I will take a look sometime this weekend

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Honestly I am not sure. Terry would know better than me. My Long block came with the HPFP on it. I just pulled it off, never followed the line all the way forward. I will take a look sometime this weekend
    Well if it is 5/16" all the way up to the low pressure sensor, assuming 15 feet of line, it should do about 600-650lph. The current will be pretty dang high though, like 40A? I would take a quick peak in the glove box to check the fuse rating (assuming the fuse is in the glove, not sure it is). Usually the wires are sized sufficiently, but just check to make sure they got a #10 in there. From the pics it looks closer to #12-14 just guessing.

WIRE GAUGE SELECTION TABLE
    Circuit Amperes
    Circuit Watts
    Wire gauge (for length in feet)
    6V
    12V
    6V
    12V
    3'
    5'
    7'
    10'
    15'
    20'
    25'
    0 to 2.5
    0 to 5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Well if it is 5/16" all the way up to the low pressure sensor, assuming 15 feet of line, it should do about 600-650lph. The current will be pretty dang high though, like 40A? I would take a quick peak in the glove box to check the fuse rating (assuming the fuse is in the glove, not sure it is). Usually the wires are sized sufficiently, but just check to make sure they got a #10 in there. From the pics it looks closer to #12-14 just guessing.

WIRE GAUGE SELECTION TABLE
    Circuit Amperes
    Circuit Watts
    Wire gauge (for length in feet)
    6V
    12V
    6V
    12V
    3'
    5'
    7'
    10'
    15'
    20'
    25'
    0 to 2.5
    0 to 5
    Terry said its pull about 20-21 amps with both pumps. That is high, but no one has had an issue with the vishnu set up. So lets hope this is the same

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Terry said its pull about 20-21 amps with both pumps. That is high, but no one has had an issue with the vishnu set up. So lets hope this is the same
    With two E85 pumps? or the stock pump and the E85 pump? The spec sheet says 19 amps at 72psi, but I suspect that is with factor of safety, so probably closer to 14-15 amps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

With two E85 pumps? or the stock pump and the E85 pump? The spec sheet says 19 amps at 72psi, but I suspect that is with factor of safety, so probably closer to 14-15 amps.
    Factory and E85, terry said it was pulling 21 amps

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast