73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "My lock down kit isn't work right."

"That's strange, you sure you installed it correctly?"

"Yeah, but I had to make some modifications."

"Uhh..what? The kit doesn't need any modifications if installed correctly."

"Oh..."

hahaha :p

Glad you're helping to resolve this matter in a timely fashion. Great vendor support!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, you guys have no idea.. I can only imagine Ricks OCD flaring up as he waits for more info.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, you guys have no idea.. I can only imagine Ricks OCD flaring up as he waits for more info.. Click here to enlarge
    Rick's support is awesome. Right up there with Terry's, and that's as good as it gets. Period. I have absolute confidence in his product. Not so sure about my mechanic anymore Click here to enlarge

Only problem my mechanic supposedly had during the install seemed to be with the "big" bushing, where the old OEM bolt meant to be reused wasn't quite long enough, so one could suspect the bushing somehow isn't pressed completely/correctly together. He has agreed to look into it as soon as he has a vacant lift in his shop. I sure hope he does, so I can get some answers back to Rick.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You are CORRECT sir! to the point of nauseating myself.....sigh...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Been out of the loop, where can I purchase?
    PTF PROTuned | RB's | AMS FMIC | AR DP's | HPF Exhaust | CP-E DCI | Apex Arc 8's | 235/275 Star Specs |

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    did they adjust the tie rod end properly? Something is certainly not right,the jam nuts are sent loose,the tie rods need to be adjusted then they need to be tightened(explained in install guide)....I doubt it's suspension related, I've had 335i testers here with suspension that was beat, hop was fixed. Something is either loose or messed up...I'll try to help you through finding solution as best I can...What is the diagnosis on a damaged Quaife stem from? This is the first install that I've heard of that still exhibits hop/chatter and I've tested on just about every variable possible as far as diff internals and suspensions go...so i'm very interested in solving the issue...
    That customer service right there!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G.I.Joe Click here to enlarge
    Rick's support is awesome. Right up there with Terry's, and that's as good as it gets. Period. I have absolute confidence in his product. Not so sure about my mechanic anymore Click here to enlarge

Only problem my mechanic supposedly had during the install seemed to be with the "big" bushing, where the old OEM bolt meant to be reused wasn't quite long enough, so one could suspect the bushing somehow isn't pressed completely/correctly together. He has agreed to look into it as soon as he has a vacant lift in his shop. I sure hope he does, so I can get some answers back to Rick.
    Almost sounds like the bushing is not seated all the way making the bolt shorter with in turn gives play in the rear.....just a guess LOL!!
    JB4 G5, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR Dps, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid subframe bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    Almost sounds like the bushing is not seated all the way making the bolt shorter with in turn gives play in the rear.....just a guess LOL!!
    That's what I'm thinking as well. Hope it's that simple.
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had a talk with my mechanic today, and I'm quite confident that we'll get any potential issues solved. Unfortunately the car started acting up today, so I'm not really able to testdrive it, I'll have to take in in and have the Vanos solenoid and potentially also the fuel pump looked at...... Click here to enlarge

These aren't even all the codes....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sucks to hear on the codes. Sounds like vanos solenoids may be dirty or bad (P2A82 code) and/or the HPFP (P2FBF code) although this one may be there due to the P2A82 code (misfire due to vanos solenoids). What others did you get?

EDIT: I think you're still on that old ROM. Maybe now would be a good time to also update your DME to the latest software. Usually that P2FBF code causes the dealer to update just the software to address it.
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 01-10-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My theory after much thought/trepidation is that when the oem bushing was pushed out,the halves of the subframe ballooned out (everyone knows they lean to the flimsy side of things),and needed to be compressed/squeezed back into shape. It's absolutely key that the two pieces of the rear bushing interlock properly, they are solely responsible for locating the diff properly, the front two ears aren't strong enough to do this alone and can flex. If bolt grip isnt right, well that's bad.
    Just to make a public service announcement in regards to avoiding any other situations of this nature, if ANY questions arise during install of the kit, please have the installer email me @ defivfab@gmail.com before proceeding to do anything different than what's defined in the install guide. I check my email frequently and will respond asap. thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Right here @rick@defiv
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2131 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
    Right here @rick@defiv
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just got back from "test driving" the car on my kit.

Holy $#@!! I have no video (gopro2+wifi is acting stupid) But I have yet to drive a car that feels as solid as mine now. I tried, oooh i tried to get it to hop, I cant do it. Controlled is the only word that comes to mind.
    Ill see if i got any decent footage on tape right now, but i will get something conclusive asap

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just got back from "test driving" the car on my kit.

Holy $#@!! I have no video (gopro2+wifi is acting stupid) But I have yet to drive a car that feels as solid as mine now. I tried, oooh i tried to get it to hop, I cant do it. Controlled is the only word that comes to mind.
    Ill see if i got any decent footage on tape right now, but i will get something conclusive asap
    Booyah.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Sucks to hear on the codes. Sounds like vanos solenoids may be dirty or bad (P2A82 code) and/or the HPFP (P2FBF code) although this one may be there due to the P2A82 code (misfire due to vanos solenoids). What others did you get?

EDIT: I think you're still on that old ROM. Maybe now would be a good time to also update your DME to the latest software. Usually that P2FBF code causes the dealer to update just the software to address it.
    I hope it's just the solenoid causing the other codes, I've had absolutely zero fuel pump problems previously. Will try to get the software updated, I read that the new DME software would actually be able to flush the solenoid, if so, that's jus fine. If not, I'll just have to replace whatever needs replacing.

Sorry for the OT Rick, I'll keep you updated as soon as I can have the car looked at again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope it's just the solenoid causing the other codes, I've had absolutely zero fuel pump problems previously. Will try to get the software updated, I read that the new DME software would actually be able to flush the solenoid, if so, that's jus fine. If not, I'll just have to replace whatever needs replacing.
    New software will prime your fuel system and solve some other issues they've addressed over time. Vanos solenoids can most definitely cause misfires when dirty or bad, usually in midrange or right after going WOT. I'd just pull them out first, get them cleaned with some break cleaner and shop air and see how it turns out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Booyah.Click here to enlarge
    I took your kit to my buddies and everyone was like damn look at tht hing, does he me one for my car....question is....do you??? RX7, supra ect?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My theory after much thought/trepidation is that when the oem bushing was pushed out,the halves of the subframe ballooned out (everyone knows they lean to the flimsy side of things),and needed to be compressed/squeezed back into shape. It's absolutely key that the two pieces of the rear bushing interlock properly, they are solely responsible for locating the diff properly, the front two ears aren't strong enough to do this alone and can flex. If bolt grip isnt right, well that's bad.
    Just to make a public service announcement in regards to avoiding any other situations of this nature, if ANY questions arise during install of the kit, please have the installer email me @ defivfab@gmail.com before proceeding to do anything different than what's defined in the install guide. I check my email frequently and will respond asap. thanks.
    Possibly some one used the torch method to much wich weakened the subframe when the bushing was pulled.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Sorry for the OT Rick, I'll keep you updated as soon as I can have the car looked at again.
    I have a pair of vanos you can have, never threw codes...I just replaced every sensor on the car....they are yours free, jut pay shipping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a pair of vanos you can have, never threw codes...I just replaced every sensor on the car....they are yours free, jut pay shipping.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it, will PM regarding details

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Possibly some one used the torch method to much wich weakened the subframe when the bushing was pulled.
    I think you are spot on, the tourch method is exactly how they removed the old bushings as far as they told me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I gotta pick a kit up... How many hours labor can one expect to pay to install this kit?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think you are spot on, the tourch method is exactly how they removed the old bushings as far as they told me.
    OH NO!!!!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    I gotta pick a kit up... How many hours labor can one expect to pay to install this kit?
    An experienced tech can do the install in 4-5 hrs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast