Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I was at the dealer getting a break line fixed under warranty and the tech was like.....what the heck do you have here.....he pointed at your lockdown kit....and said that s a unbelievable machine work. He said, for that to fit like that there is no room for error. He actually has a point I want to express. With a stock bushing there can be error because the stock bushing can move, and be moved back and fourth. With this kit it had to be do perfect because if it is off at all it will not work, to short and you would get rattle, to long the differential wouldn't even go in. How many hours of testing did this take Rick? I can't even imagine honestly...I would have no hair, broken hands & need a 50 gal drum of plaster to fix the wall after I put my fist thru it or even the differential thru the wall
    lol...I'll break it down into an equation for you...Idea + Determination x Patience/Measure x 25 + Revisions/Time-Measure(again)+ 6 bottles of top shelf rum/bourbon(for sleeping purposes) + $$$ x Repeated Testing/Tire Wear= Parts that workClick here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rick@defiv Click here to enlarge
    www.defivfabrication.com, or PM me. And,yes, if you are experiencing hop or are planning to increase your power levels it would benefit you.
    well done, looks good. do you want the M3 video edited to match the 335 video?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    well done, looks good. do you want the M3 video edited to match the 335 video?
    sure! I have all kinds of stuff coming to the site over the next few months as well, pics, builds,etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    k, ill see what i can do

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robc1976 Click here to enlarge
    I was at the dealer getting a break line fixed under warranty and the tech was like.....what the heck do you have here.....he pointed at your lockdown kit....and said that s a unbelievable machine work. He said, for that to fit like that there is no room for error. He actually has a point I want to express. With a stock bushing there can be error because the stock bushing can move, and be moved back and fourth. With this kit it had to be do perfect because if it is off at all it will not work, to short and you would get rattle, to long the differential wouldn't even go in. How many hours of testing did this take Rick? I can't even imagine honestly...I would have no hair, broken hands & need a 50 gal drum of plaster to fix the wall after I put my fist thru it or even the differential thru the wall
    And this is why it costs what it does...Precision and Development are VERY expensive it's not JUST materials. Also the problem it solves will save you a TON of money from broken drivetrain parts, and the improved driving dynamics of the car adds a ton of value. It's a no-brainer mod to anyone with a tune.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456