Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    N54 Head flanges and oil feed adaptors

    Hey guys, gauging interest in head flanges and oil feed adaptors for the N54. I am having more made and should have 6 flanges and 5 feed adaptors in stock next week. This should help make life easier for people fabbing up their own turbo systems. The flanges are 3/8" Stainless Steel, and the feeds are billet aluminum with 1/8 pipe threaded holes on both sides so you can run a line either way or if going twins can run two. Flanges are $175 each and feed adaptors are $125. I can get a few pics up when I get back to the shop but if you check previous updates you can see both the flanges and feed adaptors. Feel free to contact me if interested.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 01-08-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Couple pictures added

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys, gauging interest in head flanges and oil feed adaptors for the N54. I am having more made and should have 6 flanges and 5 feed adaptors in stock next week. This should help make life easier for people fabbing up their own turbo systems. The flanges are 3/8" Stainless Steel, and the feeds are billet aluminum with 1/8 pipe threaded holes on both sides so you can run a line either way or if going twins can run two. Flanges are $175 each and feed adaptors are $125. I can get a few pics up when I get back to the shop but if you check previous updates you can see both the flanges and feed adaptors. Feel free to contact me if interested.
    cool good stuff.. i passed the word to the guys doing my build. If they havent found someone to fab them i reckon they may hit ya up.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    51
    Rep Points
    84.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I'd be very interested in head flanges. I'll keep an eye out for the pictures.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2000max Click here to enlarge
    I'd be very interested in head flanges. I'll keep an eye out for the pictures.
    Pictures of feed adaptors and flanges before bungs are welded in here. http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ghlight=vargas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Tony, this is awesome news. I must say these prices are VERY reasonable, too! Any possibility of machining water fittings in the future (not sure if your setup requires them or not). Thank you for doing this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Tony, this is awesome news. I must say these prices are VERY reasonable, too! Any possibility of machining water fittings in the future (not sure if your setup requires them or not). Thank you for doing this.
    Agree strongly.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Flanges and feeds are now in stock, one set sold. Come and get em while they are hot. One change, got the bill from my machinist and he told me if I am making more feeds he needs to raise the price due to time involved. So I have to raise the price of the feeds to $150.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,474
    Rep Points
    32,153.6
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Guys that wanted flanges there you go

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ Guys that wanted flanges there you go
    Literally just sold out my stock in 15 minutes(it was only a few sets), guys over on that other site are obviously working on some projects or something. I will have more in stock next week. Feel free to reserve a set if you want them. Just a heads up, these will work fine for a single set up. You do not need one long flange, its exactly the same missing the inch or so of metal in the middle which really does nothing, once you get all your weld els welded on there its not going anywhere, also awesome thing about the N54 set up. Its a pain to make, but with the gasket rings sealing inside the head opening, lot less chance for leaks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Points
    2,166.9
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Literally just sold out my stock in 15 minutes(it was only a few sets), guys over on that other site are obviously working on some projects or something. I will have more in stock next week. Feel free to reserve a set if you want them. Just a heads up, these will work fine for a single set up. You do not need one long flange, its exactly the same missing the inch or so of metal in the middle which really does nothing, once you get all your weld els welded on there its not going anywhere, also awesome thing about the N54 set up. Its a pain to make, but with the gasket rings sealing inside the head opening, lot less chance for leaks.
    Lol, nice.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

    2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Have you had any issues with leaking exhaust gaskets with these flanges since the factory flanges are tapered where the gaskets seal.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Have you had any issues with leaking exhaust gaskets with these flanges since the factory flanges are tapered where the gaskets seal.
    Taper is for ease of gasket installation. Nothing else. Where they seal it is not tapered which is against the flange, which these are as well

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Taper is for ease of gasket installation. Nothing else. Where they seal it is not tapered which is against the flange, which these are as well
    Also, looking at the photos, it's apparent the FFTEC kit does not use tapered flanges either. The ring gasteks are very soft (graphite I believe) and seal well. Not tapering should be fine and probably adds a little more flow potential since it means slightly larger openings.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Also, looking at the photos, it's apparent the FFTEC kit does not use tapered flanges either. The ring gasteks are very soft (graphite I believe) and seal well. Not tapering should be fine and probably adds a little more flow potential since it means slightly larger openings.
    no aftermarket manifold uses the taper, it is not needed. The head has no taper it fits into so it is an extra step that is not needed. As I said it is strictly for ease of the soft gasket installation. I hope this ends this discussion on the taper or lack thereof.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,986
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the flanges!!!!!! aND for getting them all the way to Tampa so fast! YOU ROCK, Now things will get going with my project
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the flanges!!!!!! aND for getting them all the way to Tampa so fast! YOU ROCK, Now things will get going with my project
    No worries, you got the last set I had in stock. We are prob going to be offering CNC and these welded flanges soon. We had 3D cad drawings made of the flanges, oil feeds, water adaptors / plugs, and oil adaptors / plugs. Looks like we might be teaming up with VAC to get them made.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Tony, do you have the head flanges back in stock? Thank you.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Tony, do you have the head flanges back in stock? Thank you.
    I sure do, let me know if you want a set.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    860
    Rep Points
    1,537.7
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    I do. I will pm you. Thank you.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •