Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The OS Super Lock LSD Spec-S settings allow for a smooth and progressive ramp up in lock all the way to 100% lock. The OS Super Lock is unlike other traditional clutch type differentials in that the unique design allows for almost twice the number of clutch plates. More clutch disks provide more surface area to create more friction, necessary to provide the limited slip effect as well as full lock. Having more clutch plates also means that we can achieve up to 100% lock while using minimal preload on the clutch disks. This preload is what provides the “lock” people refer to when one wheel is off the ground. The preload for the OS Spec-S units is set more to supply added stability, rather than full “one-wheel performance”. The preload is mild enough that it will feel very similar to a stock open differential to the daily driver, until the torque is applied. From that point, the unit will provide a smooth and progressive lock up (in direct relation to amount of torque applied, of course) and keep the vehicle moving forward. The Spec-S units utilize a 1.5way cam angle, meaning that the ramp-up to lock will be bias to providing a more positive lock up on acceleration and far less on deceleration, where the ramp to lock-up will serve more to stabilize the vehicle during braking/deceleration. In essence, the Spec-S will feel like an open differential that doesn’t allow for unwanted wheel spin when exiting corners or “tail wagging” during heavy straight line accelerating (as the unit will provide progressive locking at equal rates to both wheels due to the centered design of our unit). For drag users, this will translate to greater straight line acceleration and keep the rear where it is supposed to be. For track/autocross users this translates to faster corner exit speeds (progressive lock allows for earlier application of throttle) and more stability during heavy braking. In addition, due to the minimum amount of preload utilized, corner entry is essentially unaffected. Faster times will be achieved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here is a great article about the OS Giken:

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...ferential.aspx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks unfor! Solid info there
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No problem!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump Bump BUmp

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just spoke to JE.
    They are working on coming up with some packages for everyone on BimmerBoost.
    Also, they are close to having a working solution for Welded Diff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Just spoke to JE.
    They are working on coming up with some packages for everyone on BimmerBoost.
    Also, they are close to having a working solution for Welded Diff.
    Awesome!

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will be picking up some literature on this group buy this week.
    JE worked out a solution for all you welded diff guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will be picking up some literature on this group buy this week.
    JE worked out a solution for all you welded diff guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is sickness, I wish I had the $2k to spare for it! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tibra321

Fellow Bimmer owners beware!!!

The LSD on AMS Performances website IS the Super Lock going for $1795..Spruell Motorsport sells the TCD for the 335i for $2550..

Idk what kinda crap these guys are trying to pull running a group buy for the Super Lock for $2290..and TCD for $2690 when you can get the Super Lock from AMS for $1795 and TCD from Spruell Motorsport for $2550 ...LOL

The part numbers for the BMW 335i are

BM531-HA - Super Lock
    BM531-HC‏ - TCD

This is of course assuming you dont have the welded diff..if your car was built before March 2007..ur good after ur screwed and going to have to pay for an the LSD installed in a used diff case..an extra $600 from AMS..

The TCD is kick ass and in my opinion worth the extra money because its quieter and runs faster...check out this link showing installed in the Nissan GT-R

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=5138

Guys do your homework and shop around before you get dupped into a group buy for a markup of $500 (Super Lock) /$150 (TCD)..from what you would pay for it online!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Let's see what Unfor has to say, that seems like a pretty big price disparity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have been in touch with OS Giken in Japan and here in the USA and I am a million percent positive about these part numbers..but hey if you wanna overspend be my guest...seems the point of a group buy would be to get parts at a discounted price..NOT a mark-up..Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tibra123 Click here to enlarge
    I have been in touch with OS Giken in Japan and here in the USA and I am a million percent positive about these part numbers..but hey if you wanna overspend be my guest...seems the point of a group buy would be to get parts at a discounted price..NOT a mark-up..Cheers
    I agree, the point should be to get the parts at a discount.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And for the record OS Giken LSD for the 335i has been out for approximately a year..I knew about it 8 months ago..and am about to pull the trigger on the TCD myself..thats how I happen onto this thread..Cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually,
    That price was for a welded diff person. The cost of getting the welded ring gear from BMW is $$$$.
    And OS Giken had a unit out, then since thenm has pulled it off the market and is re-releasing it. Thats a fact. JE Import is the only authorized dealer for the new unit.

Call up JE. They are lowering the price down. But I know for 100% fact that the AMS unit was the unit that was discontinued.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tibra,
    you seem like a big prick.
    So please excuse yourself from this thread.
    Cheers!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And another thing:
    JE is also going to heavily drop the cost of install.
    Like I said, I was going to pick up literature on it. OS Giken gave JE the only units in the country right now. The TCD needs to be ordered from Japan and takes 7 - 15 weeks.
    Those price lists were for 2 people buying, but JE got at least 10 - 15 calls since this post went up, so they are discounting the part heavily. Like I said, you must call JE if you have a welded ring gear because they can work around not having to swap the diff's. That price was for a welded ring gear.
    Price for non-welded ring gear...must call JE to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok..first off Unfor...if you wanna call me a prick for giving everyone here a heads up and letting em know they have other options...then I guess ur the real prick.

As I said there are two OS Giken LSD part numbers for the 335i
    BM531-HA - Super Lock
    BM531-HC‏ - TCD

As I said I have spoken directly to OS Giken in Japan and the USA about these part numbers...do u think u know more than the manufactuer? It does take 4 -12 weeks to receive the TCDs from Japan ...so at least u were partially rite about something.

I myself today just ordered the TCD for my 2007 and it has to come from OS Giken in Japan b/c they don't stock the TCD at OS Giken USA...I can tell u I paid a hella of alot less than what you are proposing..The Super Locks are available in the US and should get to you much faster than 4-12 weeks. Depending who you order with.

How can AMS discontinue the product when its OS Gikens product??...LOL>..they definitly still can get LSD Super Lock and u shouldnt slander other vendors without first checking what they can and cant get. Call em if you don't believe me.

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/b...-unit-lsd.html

And for the record u didnt mention that you were quoting these prices for the LSD and the entire diff case...Not everyone has a welded diff (like me)...thats why its an "option" to order it installed in a used diff case or by itself..like from AMS...Turner Motorsports and countless other vendors.

U know to have to take crap from a guy who is not even technical enough to explain the difference between the Super Lock and the TCD is just ridculous..and telling people its not officially released yet when its been around for a year already..and that JE is the only vendor when they ARE NOT even an authorized OS Giken dealer...COME ON.. ur thread name should be mis-Unfor-mation!

BTW I discussed this thread with an unnamed person at OS Giken and they agreed 1000% with me.

As I said I just wanted everyone to know there are other options and there is not one "exclusive" vendor who can get the OS Giken LSD..cause thats nonsense.

CHEERS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tibra,
    you seem like a big prick.
    So please excuse yourself from this thread.
    Cheers!
    He wasn't trying to be a dick, he was attempting to help and look out for others. No wasn't trying to be a dick, don't take it that way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky,
    JE is going to register and post about this prick later.
    JE is Authorized , LOL.
    Please erase thread, until JE can come and shut this $#@! up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky,
    JE is going to register and post about this prick later.
    JE is Authorized , LOL.
    Please erase thread, until JE can come and shut this $#@! up.
    Unfor, he didn't mean any ill will he was just looking out for users. Right or wrong, he did not intend to spit all over this thread or you for that matter.

Just step back, no big deal, JE will post and this will all be straightened out. I know you are trying to help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok Ok ...My bad I will give u that one..JE Imports is an authorized dealer just checked em out on OS's site..I was mis-informed by my contact at OS who told me they werent...

As far as everything else I have said its spot on...u guys wanna start a vendor war.. I certainly dont..I dont even know why Unfor is on here speaking for JE when it should be JE themseleves. Unfor go take a mechanics course or something cause u dont know $#@!.

Anyways I ordered my TCD and I gotta a banging price so Im good...and as I said I was just trying to look out for other guys on the forum..make sure they werent be taken for a ride.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tibra123 Click here to enlarge
    Unfor go take a mechanics course or something cause u dont know $#@!.
    This was not necessary.

Let's all be friends, JE will be here soon to chime in and everything is all good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey man..Im all for be professional..Unfor's the one w the potty mouth..its all good tho..I am here to let people know they have options..thats all..Im not affliated with any vendors or make any money on this..I have been doing my homework on this LSD for 8 months and finally pulled the trigger today. Just wanted to share the benefit of my experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast