Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

NFL Playoffs 2012

I think we're going to see Broncos versus Colts @KB in a dream matchup.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Niners Patriots

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

For the superbowl I'd say Patriots versus Seahawks if the Seahawks got the division. The Broncos powderpuff division leads me to believe the Patriots will meet the Falcons or Packers as I don't trust Kaepernick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Being from Seattle.

LETS GO HAWKS!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I need to go to Seattle sometime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I need to go to Seattle sometime.
    I have been to 95% of the US.

Seattle, San Diego and Tampa top 3 cities for me.

Def. Should be a place everyone see's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

lol... Tampa as a city sucks... the other 2 I agree with.

Im the US, Miami, San Fran and NYC are the places to see..
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    I have been to 95% of the US.

Seattle, San Diego and Tampa top 3 cities for me.

Def. Should be a place everyone see's
    Ok obviously I've done San Diego to death although I love it.

I'll try Seattle this year. I'll give Tampa a shot when I go to Miami. I might go visit some tuners out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Born and raised in the Bay Area. Used to think California was all that and a bag of rocks. Completed undergrad at the University of Washington. Traveled the country working during graduate school and had an epiphany. Seattle is where its at. You would have to pay me to live in California again. I would live in Nevada again over California. Seasonal visits are enough for me.

Go HAWKS! Take car of RGIII and then Harbaugh and Co.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Born and raised in the Bay Area. Used to think California was all that and a bag of rocks. Completed undergrad at the University of Washington. Traveled the country working during graduate school and had an epiphany. Seattle is where its at. You would have to pay me to live in California again. I would live in Nevada again over California. Seasonal visits are enough for me.

Go HAWKS! Take car of RGIII and then Harbaugh and Co.
    How in the world is Seattle better than California?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

How in the world is Seattle better than California?
    You sound like me about 10-12 years ago.

I do like California. Many fond memories. I spent 20 years of my life there. I like it more now when I have a return flight home. Just like Vegas. Its great for what it is! Just don't live there. If you've lived your whole life in California, it will be hard to compare having never lived in a place like Seattle. Denver, San Diego, and Portland, are close but not the whole package of Seattle.

Pros
    -----
    The culture, class, education (for me and my kids), and quality of life are much greater in Seattle. Best summer and spring weather you could ask for with scenery not consisting of concrete or non-native Palm Trees (Alaska in the summer is a close second). If you're single and like chasing tail, there is plenty of Microsoft money trophy wives producing lovely co-eds and a good single scene with the international workforce. Oh yea, Vancouver, B.C. is just two hours away as well (you know, the same time it takes to get into downtown from the 'burbs in California). Fantastic Breweries, wineries, and world-class seafood on every corner. The halibut/salmon/shellfish (outside of abalone) that you enjoy in the San Francisco or Southern California markets is yesterday's Seattle catch thrown on ice contrary to what your waiter is telling you. Your salmon market crashed in 2007...

Great CCA members. Not the douchey holier than thou group that I recalled from the club events from California....although there were some normal guys there the douches reined supreme. Variety of tracks for all likes and tastes.

Cons
    ------
    Winter rain/doldrums is rough for those that do not have a winter hobby. I hunt waterfowl and flyfish for steelhead. In my younger days I hit the slopes at one of the 4 (Snoqualmie, Stevens, Mt. Hood, Leavenworth) local ranges even if most of the time was in the lobby warming up...

Sports teams. Seattle has lame pro sports fans and generally lame sports teams. Bandwagon homers for sure. Great following for the college teams (UW and WSU) but wannabe pro team fans.

National relevance. You are way up there in the corner of the US folks forget about you. I would put this as a "Pro" but some folks like the spotlight.

This is my perspective having spent 2 decades in California and another in the Pacific Northwest.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

NYC lol, sounds great when you read about it and see pictures. One weekend there an you won't want to come back. I'm so sick of "the city" it's not even funny. Probabaly going there 2-3 times in january for casual bs and everything is always more complicated then it needs to be. Never been to seattle nor do I have any desire to see it, same for cali. Im happy in the burbs of Jersey where its quiet enough to be peacful and a 20 min drive away from anything I can possibly need in life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    You sound like me about 10-12 years ago.

I do like California. Many fond memories. I spent 20 years of my life there. I like it more now when I have a return flight home. Just like Vegas. Its great for what it is! Just don't live there. If you've lived your whole life in California, it will be hard to compare having never lived in a place like Seattle. Denver, San Diego, and Portland, are close but not the whole package of Seattle.

Pros
    -----
    The culture, class, education (for me and my kids), and quality of life are much greater in Seattle. Best summer and spring weather you could ask for with scenery not consisting of concrete or non-native Palm Trees (Alaska in the summer is a close second). If you're single and like chasing tail, there is plenty of Microsoft money trophy wives producing lovely co-eds and a good single scene with the international workforce. Oh yea, Vancouver, B.C. is just two hours away as well (you know, the same time it takes to get into downtown from the 'burbs in California). Fantastic Breweries, wineries, and world-class seafood on every corner. The halibut/salmon/shellfish (outside of abalone) that you enjoy in the San Francisco or Southern California markets is yesterday's Seattle catch thrown on ice contrary to what your waiter is telling you. Your salmon market crashed in 2007...

Great CCA members. Not the douchey holier than thou group that I recalled from the club events from California....although there were some normal guys there the douches reined supreme. Variety of tracks for all likes and tastes.

Cons
    ------
    Winter rain/doldrums is rough for those that do not have a winter hobby. I hunt waterfowl and flyfish for steelhead. In my younger days I hit the slopes at one of the 4 (Snoqualmie, Stevens, Mt. Hood, Leavenworth) local ranges even if most of the time was in the lobby warming up...

Sports teams. Seattle has lame pro sports fans and generally lame sports teams. Bandwagon homers for sure. Great following for the college teams (UW and WSU) but wannabe pro team fans.

National relevance. You are way up there in the corner of the US folks forget about you. I would put this as a "Pro" but some folks like the spotlight.

This is my perspective having spent 2 decades in California and another in the Pacific Northwest.
    Seattle sports is kind of a joke especially considering teams tend to want to get away from there but the Seahawks are pretty awesome. Great stadium too.

I'll give Seattle a shot this year. Funny you mention the seafood. My friend is there now and keeps posting pictures of awesome seafood.

I like SoCal and OC but I could probably use a change of scenery for a bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I think we're going to see Broncos versus Colts @KB in a dream matchup.
    If the Colts beat Baltimore and Houston takes care of Cincy. Peyton would tear the Colts D apart unfortunately...
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Having said that....Colts - Seahawks SB?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Having said that....Colts - Seahawks SB?
    Colts aren't making the superbowl. But they can beat the Ravens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Colts aren't making the superbowl. But they can beat the Ravens.
    I know that...I am happy with this season whatever happens.Click here to enlarge
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Ok today it begins, can't wait.

Texans over Bengals and packers over Vikings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Ok today it begins, can't wait.

Texans over Bengals and packers over Vikings.
    If I had to put money on it I would agree. But I wouldnt be surprised if Cincy or Minn won. Cincy has a badass d and minn has Peterson. If the weather is $#@!ty in GB....it might help the Vikings.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    If I had to put money on it I would agree. But I wouldnt be surprised if Cincy or Minn won. Cincy has a badass d and minn has Peterson. If the weather is $#@!ty in GB....it might help the Vikings.
    The Vikings can't pass the damn ball. I haven't checked the weather but if it's damn or snowing Peterson won't be able to cut like normal.

Cincy D is great. But they are playing in Houston so I give the edge on the coin flip there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Peterson is super human. Don't underestimate him. Games don't start until 4:35 here....sucks
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Entertain me until the game starts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

My wife was surprised when I told her its playoff time from 3:30 today until around 9pm tomorrow. She knew it was coming ...why act surprised and $#@!. Lol....did she really think honey boo boo and real housewives of Miami were getting watched ovwr playoffs?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You've got to be kidding me if your wife watches Honey Boo Boo.

Housewives of Miami... I won't even comment. Sounds like a bunch of fake plastic whores who show off their husband's money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

You've got to be kidding me if your wife watches Honey Boo Boo.

Housewives of Miami... I won't even comment. Sounds like a bunch of fake plastic whores who show off their husband's money.
    Yes...its unfortunate...she calls it her smut tv. She watches all of that reality tv crap. She says it helps her unwind from work. The funny thing is she makes fun of me for watching How I met your Mother and big bang theory....
    ​#Chuckstrong

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast