Thread: More strikes around the US

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

More strikes around the US

As more and more people and unions decide to "strike".

I have come to the opinion that everyone that decides not to work, should be fired without benefits for missing work and the company should hire new people that are willing to work and happy to have a job.

Im so tired of people not working because they are "owed" something.
    Tired of being cold? I sell pieces of paradise! Click here to enlargePM me for more info!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Agreed
    ​#Chuckstrong

Autobahn335i is offline Member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I have come to the opinion that everyone that decides not to work, should be fired without benefits for missing work and the company should hire new people that are willing to work and happy to have a job.

You should start a business in China. Should meet your criteriae perfectly.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Bilstein PSS10 / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / RE Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: Transmission cooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

who is striking, and for what? depends on what they are asking for.. if its to get rid of a union, sure, if its union led, $#@!'em. Americans are willing to work. how quickly people forget how nice it is to have a job in this economy, but they get greedy and stingy.. so like i said, depends what they are after

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    You should start a business in China. Should meet your criteriae perfectly.
    Noo, I work for myself.

But look at china's economy. Maybe we could learn something? Like shut the $#@! up and go to work. If you dont like your job and youre not smart enough or trained enough for another one, thats your own damn fault.
    Tired of being cold? I sell pieces of paradise! Click here to enlargePM me for more info!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

thats your own damn fault.
    no, its the everyone who is more educated and wealthier's fault..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    no, its the everyone who is more educated and wealthier's fault..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol

Sticky is offline Regular User

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1422 Post(s)

Nobody learned anything from the Twinkie debacle?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Funny...I'd be first in the picket line if my pension/benefits/hourly/wages/employment status were in jeopardy due to corporate greed.

Sledgehammer is offline Sweeping these streets...
    go fast one day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

I'm not a big fan of unions... The proposed strike at the East Coast and Gulf ports is a problem with over 40% of shipped goods coming thru these ports. My issue with strikes it hurts others and it annoys me. I pay for health care, 401K, taxes etc... Why folks in Unions want free this or that baffles me. Wake up and smell the real world. Pay for some benefits and shut up already.

Unless you work in horrid conditions that should be improved then stop it already
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

both of you are correct, so it depends on what they are wanting/who is trying to take what.. Also remember, this is SUPPOSED to be a capitalist country..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I completely agree. I have a handful of employees who feel entitled and barely put in any effort. But I can tell you those are the first of my employees to get let go. Then they are surprised when they get let go for performance..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I'm not a big fan of unions... The proposed strike at the East Coast and Gulf ports is a problem with over 40% of shipped goods coming thru these ports. My issue with strikes it hurts others and it annoys me. I pay for health care, 401K, taxes etc... Why folks in Unions want free this or that baffles me. Wake up and smell the real world. Pay for some benefits and shut up already.

Unless you work in horrid conditions that should be improved then stop it already
    Well some people in Unions think they are owed everything. Like a communist state of mind. I'm in a Union, and our contract is up I believe this year. I think they shouldn't ask for more of anything. Keep what we got, and keep working. The 1 thing I hate about the union is it protects lazy humans who want to get by doing as little as possible, and they are protected. They basically have to show up to work drunk to get suspended, and they may not even get fired at that point. Most likely sent to rehab, and back to work being lazy and worthless. This doesn't mean all union workers are like this, but the guys who work like that give the rest a bad name. OOo and if you are a supervisor in the Union, and ur job is on the line they do not back you up on anything. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Sledgehammer is offline Sweeping these streets...
    go fast one day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Well some people in Unions think they are owed everything. Like a communist state of mind. I'm in a Union, and our contract is up I believe this year. I think they shouldn't ask for more of anything. Keep what we got, and keep working. The 1 thing I hate about the union is it protects lazy humans who want to get by doing as little as possible, and they are protected. They basically have to show up to work drunk to get suspended, and they may not even get fired at that point. Most likely sent to rehab, and back to work being lazy and worthless. This doesn't mean all union workers are like this, but the guys who work like that give the rest a bad name. OOo and if you are a supervisor in the Union, and ur job is on the line they do not back you up on anything. Click here to enlarge
    Makes perfect sense to me... My mother in law is VP of a Teachers Union. She's in Atlantic City, Vegas, San Francisco and all other the place annually using the Corp Card. How staying in a suite at Revel or the Borgata relates to work baffles the $#@! out of me. I check her on this daily since as a secretary her salary is fairly low. Yet here you are staying in these places and traveling business class on what is your co-workers dime. Knowing full well you wouldnt or couldnt do it on your own dime. That gets me, call me crazy. Its not that all members are bad or that the premise is wrong, but in modern day I cant say Unions make sense in sooo many industries.

In the NY/NJ are we have unions for Doormen, film crews, school bus drivers, teachers, bus drivers, credit union employee's, mechanics, airline ground personnel, plumbers, carpenters, electricians and the list goes on. I want a union for anyone who doesnt have a union LOL
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge