Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    Tony you need to have a firm talking to of your flapper maker! Why/how do they keep $#@!ing up? I know the first time they sent the flapper with stock specifications, how did they mess it up this time?
    Well the first problem was, I sent them a sample and also a spec sheet as I changed them around quite a bit. First go around they made exactly the sample not my specs. This time they got every spec right except the shaft OD which is the most critical part as we are boring the sleeve in the housing to match the new shaft. Trust me man. I have sent scathing emails and calls. I was told 2 months ago they would have them to me in 3 weeks. This is just the nature of the beast. Yelling rarely gets anything done. I have threatened to pull my money and go somewhere else but at this stage that would probably take longer. I'm doing my best over here, trust me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I know you're doing your best! that flapper guy needs an ass kicking though... after he delivers the product
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I know you're doing your best! that flapper guy needs an ass kicking though... after he delivers the product
    In to kick some ass, need help Tony? LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Wooo sign me up for a set Tony!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Thanks for the update.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

what a flapping idiot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Nice work Tony!
    Click here to enlarge

Turbo pr0n.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    BMW mounts there motors at a slight tilt towards the passenger side. That's why space is limited. The xJZ and RBxx line are mounted straight up and down.
    RBs are mounted at a slight angle (not as harsh as the BMW mounting) and in the other direction AND with the intake/exhaust sides swapped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What are the spec's on the turbo, stage 2 and 3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by muzzammil15 Click here to enlarge
    I would suggest doing a little reading before the mega flaming begins. These are questions that had been answered many multiples of times

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    RBs are mounted at a slight angle (not as harsh as the BMW mounting) and in the other direction AND with the intake/exhaust sides swapped.
    My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by muzzammil15 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge

Hybrids units are TD03 / TD04 hybrids and come in 2 stages.

Stage 1: Is a TD03 / TD04 Hybrid with an upgraded TD04 compressor wheel, machined compressor housing and bearing housing, new updated actuator, and 7 degree clipped stock turbine wheel. These will max out at around 475-500 BHP range. Intro price on these is $1499

Stage 2: Is the same as stage 1 but also upgrades to a TD04 turbine wheel on the exhaust side. These should max out around 550-575 BHP depending on tuning, fuel, meth, etc. We are testing them now. This is about where you are reaching the limits of the stock turbine housing and you might be able to push these to 600 but its working them overtime. Intro price on these is will be $1999

Stage 1 just about ready to ship and stage 2 should be ready to ship in about 2 weeks or so. I will keep you guys posted on the N54 section of our website going live for ordering.

Worth noting with all upgrades there is a core charge and once provided with rebuildable cores the charge is completely refunded. We can rebuild your stock units to like new condition for $799, core charge does also apply if your stock turbos are not rebuildable or you do not provide cores.

As always these are just turbochargers and gains are always dependent on proper tuning, complimenting upgrades, and proper fueling.

To answer your question DCAFS: This brings us to our Stage 3 which will be our Ball Bearing twin upgrades, they will include manifolds, turbos, downpipes, oil and water lines, and possibly charge pipes. These are in the R&D stage and unfortunately thats all I can say about them right now. But I will have pictures and a lot more info on them soon. Thanks for the inquiries and feel free to PM me questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Heres the info:

http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...s-introduction
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    Helpful, repped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

intake/exhaust sides swapped? so how do standard downpipes or intake pipes/intercooler fit if they're pointing opposite directions?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    Some things have changed since the initial announcement so read through the update threads as well. We appreciate the interest and look forward to 2013 with the platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

When my stockers go, im definitely picking up some Stage 2s. $2k in parts plus $1k in labor for 550whp? Hell yeah.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I would have had this thing ready for final welding and installation by the new year but my GF put the brakes on that plan. I was informed I will be taking the weekend and New Year away from the shop..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    When my stockers go, im definitely picking up some Stage 2s. $2k in parts plus $1k in labor for 550whp? Hell yeah.
    To be honest, i don't expect 550 reliable whp out of any hybrid turbos. With that said, 500whp is still DAMN impressive power.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    To be honest, i don't expect 550 reliable whp out of any hybrid turbos. With that said, 500whp is still DAMN impressive power.
    +1. 550 on a stage 2 style hybrid is max power, don't expect them to last long running that kind of boost constantly. 500 is a more realistic number.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    +1. 550 on a stage 2 style hybrid is max power, don't expect them to last long running that kind of boost constantly. 500 is a more realistic number.
    What kind of power would you expect the stage 2's to make in an otherwise FBO car at 15-16psi on 93-94 octane pump? Thinking more of a road course tune here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DallasBoosted Click here to enlarge
    What kind of power would you expect the stage 2's to make in an otherwise FBO car at 15-16psi on 93-94 octane pump? Thinking more of a road course tune here.
    I can tell you they will support 500-550 hp pushing them, what you will see is 100% dependant on your tune, supporting mods, and fueling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    intake/exhaust sides swapped? so how do standard downpipes or intake pipes/intercooler fit if they're pointing opposite directions?
    Swapped vs the N54 and JZ series. Go look at a picture on google and see the turbos sit on the driver-side of a LHD car (passenger-side of the typical Japanese RHD)

EDIT:

Look.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Swapped vs the N54 and JZ series. Go look at a picture on google and see the turbos sit on the driver-side of a LHD car (passenger-side of the typical Japanese RHD)

EDIT:

Look.
    Click here to enlarge
    OH crap right yeah sorry i thought you meant rb turbos not rb motors lol, yeah, i know, they're a piece of cake to fit what you want lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I can tell you they will support 500-550 hp pushing them, what you will see is 100% dependant on your tune, supporting mods, and fueling.
    So theoretically in a car like dzenno's, it'll see a similar amount of power? About rb level or slightly higher?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast