Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    So theoretically in a car like dzenno's, it'll see a similar amount of power? About rb level or slightly higher?
    How come?
    Last edited by 654; 01-01-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    How come?
    Wht do you mean?

he said 500-550 at most which seems to be about rb levels?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I was clear about what we think they will support. It is right around the RB levels. We have no proof, nor do we think they will support more power than RB's, as the turbos will be very similar in wheel sizing. I am hoping our stage 2's will speak for themselves, the main differences are. Improved newer technology turbine wheel design, thrust parts designed with a much higher load threshold, piston rings redesigned to help curb the oiling issues, and the exact same airflow as RB's as they use the same compressor wheel, for less money. But as of yet, not proven. We will not have to wait to much longer til we have some numbers, I am confident they will perform as hoped. As always I appreciate the interest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    @Torgus , which of the numbers we have ever posted do you feel were inflated? There's also no reason why Terry or anyone else wouldn't be able to tune this kit.

I've personally communicated with Tony on some high level design decisions and ideas on the Stage 3 kit over the course of the last few months. This came out of the initial discussions/threads/posts about larger twins for an N54 on this forum months back where some of the initial work was done by Mat Morkin as some may recall. Back then we discussed various turbos, their compressor maps and possible response on this engine and came up with the GT/GTX 28 series from Garret as a possibility in a twin setup that'd work quite nicely on this car. Thus a working relationship with Tony on getting the tuning and curiosity how it'd flow on a car with an upgraded cylinder head but also on cars with bone stock top ends. I also happen to have a backup N54 sitting in the garage that is bone stock which may see this same kit in a back to back comparison scenario but that's obviously still up in the air.

EDIT: Here's a link to the thread that sort of started us down the path of larger twins and Garret GT/GTX 28 series in particular among others:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...aded-twins-N54
    I only meant inflated vs. the average customer who does not have headwork is all I meant. The average person or even the enthusiast isn't going to come close to your N54 TwinTurbo Dyno World Record: 553WHP / 631WTQ (pump+meth) imo. That is all, I never meant to imply your numbers are not accurate Click here to enlarge.

Thanks for the link, good read.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234