Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Any hints for not spinning at around 60MPH at those temps with the performance? What kind of rear tires?
    I have 305 Michelin PSS's on 11 inch rims Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Here is the speed distance chart and the graph of the run. I was incorrect before the elevation only changed 1 meter in 362 meters so it was a 0 slope run overall. (I'm even more impressed). I think that might be the record for an M5/6 supercharged and stroked included!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i dont understand why the stroker cars and the sc cars are so slow!! if i had the money to waste i would buy a stroker and then sc it!! i went 11.80's with my m6 and i have a 9.00 60-130, i have not seen a faster 1/4 on an official track yet. my car made 508whp with fbo and a stage 3 race tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Awesome run!
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    i dont understand why the stroker cars and the sc cars are so slow!! if i had the money to waste i would buy a stroker and then sc it!! i went 11.80's with my m6 and i have a 9.00 60-130, i have not seen a faster 1/4 on an official track yet. my car made 508whp with fbo and a stage 3 race tune
    I think on the stroker side its hard to use the massive torque increase of the stroker, I mean even out our FBO power levels we have major traction issues from a dig and even from a roll in 2nd gear. Up top though the stroker doesn't necessarily make much more HP than us if they have stock headers and cats, I realize our cars are the exception no the rule. The supercharged cars are making 70- 100 whp more than us , there is no reason they should not be able to best us in any performance test. I think there just are not that many owners of supercharged M5/6's that are extremely interested in testing so we are not getting as much data ponts. Sure the SMG is shifting really slow for the high hp kits which is one reason why they are correspondingly underperforming vs the SC DCT E92's , but I don't think the tunes on the S85 are at the level of the S65 tunes yet either. The S85 seems to have more heat management issues as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    when i took my car on a road coarse it always ran hot on the track, by second or third session i would have to end early on a hot day.
    here are some vids
    11 sec runs

and dyno vids

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The 502 was in 5th gear so appears to be exaggerated...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

when i took my car on a road coarse it always ran hot on the track, by second or third session i would have to end early on a hot day.
    here are some vids
    11 sec runs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuLRo...LqKxbg&index=8

and dyno vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrENs...qKxbg&index=19
    You ran a open K&N cone intakes correct? Im sure your IAT's sky rocketed during your runs and lost performance. BTW love your car and videos man! Loved watching all your runs
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    You ran a open K&N cone intakes correct? Im sure your IAT's sky rocketed during your runs and lost performance. BTW love your car and videos man! Loved watching all your runs
    yea i did, i wanted that asr cold air intake that went in the grill, but i think it was like 2500!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yea i did, i wanted that asr cold air intake that went in the grill, but i think it was like 2500!!
    Yeah thats why I went with the Dinan intake system, its pricey too but it makes my car very tolerant of multiple runs. With the 8.28 I also had a couple 8.5's and an 8.6( the longer times due to shifting points not power) . Thats pretty consistent for 4 back to back runs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12