Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    163.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Cool Full bolt on M6 coupe with Evolve Alpha-N tune 8.6 flat 60-130 !!

    Hey guys just wanted to post my new best 60-130 time after changing to my Evolve Alpha-N tune. My mods include Supersprint headers,Akrapovic Evolution full titanium header back exhaust, Dinan Intake, Dinan 13% underdrive pulley,3.91 final drive, stock SMG software. My car has been strong from the beginning as it ran a 9.5 with just the 3.91 gears and a ESS tune. The biggest improvement was adding the SS headers which dropped me to 8.93 on a -1 slope on a 68 degree day with the ESS tune, it ran a 9.1 on a flat slope. This run was one of 4 on essentially flat slope (-0.3) that was in the 8.6x with this one being 8.6 flat after changing to Evolve . I was most impressed that it ran this fast 4 runs in a row! The conditions for the run was a temp of 58 degrees and a 30.1 barometric pressure. The Evolve header tune is fantastic much more midrange punch now and its still strong up top! Nice to have a E63 that can beat the crap out of a stock F10 or F12 from a roll Click here to enlarge





    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    as i said bro well done

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    .3x gain switching from ESS to Evolve software?

    Not sure what to say, damn, very nice.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    163.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,961
    Rep Points
    2,643.3
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    very nice.. this makes me wish i got the m5 instead of my e92 335... but couldnt find a clean low mileage one for the right price (for me)...

    how does it do in the 1/4?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    WOW! That is very quick!

    I bet your beast sounds AMAZING with those headers and exhaust!

    Nice work.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    163.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Haven't run it yet in the quarter there are no good tracks near me . Going to make a trip up to Charlotte in the spring and give it a go at Z-Max, I think its capable of low 11's with DR's . Honestly, I've had some great cars , a Procede 2007 335, 2010 Cobb stage 2 GTR, 2008 E92 m3, and this blows them all away in total driving experience and acceleration. The GTR was obviously faster from a dig, but from a roll it it doesn't hold a candle to the M6. Add in the fantastic toss-ability of the M6 with the godlike sound of an opened up V10 with telepathic throttle response and a 8500rpm redline its no contest. This is the most fun to drive car I've ever experienced as well as having the fastest top end. I've even edged out a stock Z06 from a roll. And yes I know it's because the Zo6 is hard to shift lol.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    very nice.. this makes me wish i got the m5 instead of my e92 335... but couldnt find a clean low mileage one for the right price (for me)...

    how does it do in the 1/4?
    I'd say this is a mid 11 second car in the right conditions.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    650
    Rep Points
    731.7
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Amazing results.. The evolve tune seems to be taken over the S85 engine segment right now hands down. If I can find the right CPO E60 M5, im jumping on it and leaving m FBO N54 behind Click here to enlarge
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    207
    Rep Points
    952.3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on the time. Nice to see Evolved S85's been driven in anger :-)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    163.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Cool New 60-130 record 8.3 seconds!!!

    Had a -2000 DA day so decided so how much my Evolved beast would like it... Did the 60-130 run in the same location as my previous best same slope just better air -400DA vs -2000. Answer
    A lot!!! Thanks Sal!!! Even did a 0-130 which was 13.1 seconds despite a 0-60 being 4.8 s due to wheel spin in 1st and second . The 0-100 isnt too bad either given the spinning at 8.9s.
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

    GOOD WORK MAN!!!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    674
    Rep Points
    986.1
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice job man!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    man that is flying!! the car had to be making about 520whp!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    163.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    man that is flying!! the car had to be making about 520whp!!
    Thanks,, just looked in the log , was actually a 8.28!! -1 slope.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    753
    Rep Points
    1,225.4
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Hey man nice to see you over here!! A much different type of enthusiast over here as compared to M5*****. I think you'll like it better as I do. Click here to enlarge

    I just reached out to my friend with a Vbox. Were getting together soon so I can give the 60-130 a shot. Any strategy advice you can offer me? Click here to enlarge

    -TZ
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

    Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    Had a -2000 DA day so decided so how much my Evolved beast would like it... Did the 60-130 run in the same location as my previous best same slope just better air -400DA vs -2000. Answer
    A lot!!! Thanks Sal!!! Even did a 0-130 which was 13.1 seconds despite a 0-60 being 4.8 s due to wheel spin in 1st and second . The 0-100 isnt too bad either given the spinning at 8.9s.
    Click here to enlarge
    Congrats!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    163.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TZ04XJR Click here to enlarge
    Hey man nice to see you over here!! A much different type of enthusiast over here as compared to M5*****. I think you'll like it better as I do. Click here to enlarge

    I just reached out to my friend with a Vbox. Were getting together soon so I can give the 60-130 a shot. Any strategy advice you can offer me? Click here to enlarge

    -TZ
    Plan it out to get the best DA possible the lower the better, there is a good calculator on drag times( altitude/temp/barometric pressure/ humidity . I don't think you will get much better than a -2000 day .
    try to find a stretch of road with the most legal downslope so between 1-2% . Shifting is when technique comes into play , it is essential to not get into the fuel cutoff from hitting or brushing up on the limiter . I can see as much as a .5 second in variation when I get the shift points wrong . If you have an 8500 limit like me then in 3rd initiate the shift at around 8200 ,it's going so fast if you wait longer it will hit the limiter , same in 4th gear , then 5th is the exception , try to milk it out till 100 rpm before your redline . Takes a lot of practice !! S6 mode of course !
    George

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    753
    Rep Points
    1,225.4
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    Plan it out to get the best DA possible the lower the better, there is a good calculator on drag times( altitude/temp/barometric pressure/ humidity . I don't think you will get much better than a -2000 day .
    try to find a stretch of road with the most legal downslope so between 1-2% . Shifting is when technique comes into play , it is essential to not get into the fuel cutoff from hitting or brushing up on the limiter . I can see as much as a .5 second in variation when I get the shift points wrong . If you have an 8500 limit like me then in 3rd initiate the shift at around 8200 ,it's going so fast if you wait longer it will hit the limiter , same in 4th gear , then 5th is the exception , try to milk it out till 100 rpm before your redline . Takes a lot of practice !! S6 mode of course !
    George
    Great! I appreciate the advice. I have my rev limit set to 8400 currently. I'll give it a shot and see where I'm at.. If need be I'll have Sal change it to 85 or 8600. I used to have 86 on my old motor, but after a spun rod bearing I didn't want to risk it. I'll for sure post up my findings Click here to enlarge

    Take Care George,
    TZ
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

    Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    650
    Rep Points
    731.7
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys just wanted to post my new best 60-130 time after changing to my Evolve Alpha-N tune. My mods include Supersprint headers,Akrapovic Evolution full titanium header back exhaust, Dinan Intake, Dinan 13% underdrive pulley,3.91 final drive, stock SMG software. My car has been strong from the beginning as it ran a 9.5 with just the 3.91 gears and a ESS tune. The biggest improvement was adding the SS headers which dropped me to 8.93 on a -1 slope on a 68 degree day with the ESS tune, it ran a 9.1 on a flat slope. This run was one of 4 on essentially flat slope (-0.3) that was in the 8.6x with this one being 8.6 flat after changing to Evolve . I was most impressed that it ran this fast 4 runs in a row! The conditions for the run was a temp of 58 degrees and a 30.1 barometric pressure. The Evolve header tune is fantastic much more midrange punch now and its still strong up top! Nice to have a E63 that can beat the crap out of a stock F10 or F12 from a roll Click here to enlarge





    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Wow! Congrats! S85 has more tuning potential and power then i think most people inculding myself realize. These things tuned move
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Congrats I need to try that on my Vette when the weather clears up
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    What temps & elevation you had for the -2000?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    57
    Rep Points
    163.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    What temps & elevation you had for the -2000?
    I'm at sea level , temp was 34 degrees .

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Points
    1,376.8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    I'm at sea level , temp was 34 degrees .
    Any hints for not spinning at around 60MPH at those temps with the performance? What kind of rear tires?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •