Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Undercover Tuning Charity Event!

Hey guys!
    So last April Undercover held a charity event for the PINK S.O.C.S (sisters of cancer survivors)foundation), we had 96 Supra's come out and we raised $10,000. We are looking to do another charity meet in early spring again but open to everyone!! I have a fellow Firefighter who has a son that suffers from Autism, they just recently got him an Autism dog, here is their story!

Paws for Landon is a fund established to raise money to purchase a full service assistance dog for Landon Clark

Landon is a our 3 year old son that has been diagnosed with Autism/ADHD and SPD within the last few weeks. Over the last 15 months, Landon stopped speaking and starting babbling much like a baby.Then the temper tantrums and fits started. These fits would last up to an hour at times and our very difficult to manage. Unfortunately, this would be just the beginning of finding new things out about Landon. Landon had begun to open our front door and wander 100's of feet from home. Knowing no fear, he would run into the street or away from us even though we might be screaming for him to stop. He is also a climber and will jump off of any high object with no fear of being hurt. This combined with his fascination for water makes for a potentially hazardous situation when our pool is open. He intentionally diverts our attention away from him so they he can jump in. He knows no fear. That being said, Landon's sensory issues prevent him from being able to deal with large crowds, bright lights, and loud noises. He cannot handle or process the over stimulation and this causes him to have a fit/tantrum. This has prevented us from going anywhere as a family and is starting to hinder family functions. Landon currently receives in home OT (occupational therapy) twice a week and developmental instruction three times a week ,and speech therapy once weekly as well.

With all of these issues going on, we were told about service dogs for children. A service dog is trained to assist children, like Landon, that have sensory issues, autism or other various disabilities. In the event of Landon getting out of our house, our service dog will be trained in search and rescue to begin finding Landon. The service dog will trained to be tethered to Landon when he is out of the home, and if Landon feels over stimulated and has a fit, the dog is trained to lay down and apply pressure to settle him down. Due to Landon's probable sleep apnea, he wakes up every few hours overnight. Having a service dog will calm him down as well as make sure he is ok. If the dog senses a problem, he will come get us. The dog will be incorporated into his therapy sessions to help him develop and learn, and if he has a problem, his dog is there to help him. The service dog is ADA compliant and can go everywhere with Landon. This will help provide him with a lifelong learning and safety partner.

Unfortunately, our insurance provider does not cover service dogs. This is an expense that our family will have to endure on our own. The fee to have the dog trained in obedience and specialty training she will need to meet Landon's specific needs is great. My family and I are asking for your help reaching our goal to purchase a service dog through the New Hope Assistance Dog Company.

We are truly grateful you taking time and reading this, and hope that you can assist us in providing a safer environment for Landon. No amount is to great or small. THANK YOU!!! ♥ Jamie & Michelle
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Here is our Facebook link to the photos from this past April's meet:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5759810&type=3

I will Keep you guys posted on updates when we get a better idea of what a good date would be to hold this!!!

Thanks so much!
    Angie
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Why not do it in April again as a yearly thing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not do it in April again as a yearly thing?
    I suggested that too... but... what do I know -___-
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by undercoverangie Click here to enlarge
    I suggested that too... but... what do I know -___-
    Well I think you're right...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

^___^ <3
    Click here to enlarge