Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't want to post up a thread, but I did want to tell my car related story that happened to me the other day (I thought it was fight time). So as with probably everyone here I really Really like my car. With that said I really dislike the general lack of respect for other people's property that occurs in public places so I try to find a way to park as far away from other cars as possible so as to avoid door dings, etc. Well as I walking back to my car in the back corner of the lot at Ikea, I notice a guy acting weird by a tC. I mean there's only like 5 cars in 100 spaces out here, but this guy is acting really scetchy and not getting into the car at all, has no bags, and is kind of pacing around the car. Whatever, there's a thousand things he could be doing, so I try to ignore it. It takes me a min to get everything in the car and situated and when I'm done he's still being weird so I look closer and I swear it looks like he's keying the car. Again it's broad daylight and that just can't be what he's doing. I tell the wife to get a good look while we drive past and I'll be damned if he wasn't using a piece of sandpaper to rub the paint off the car in long waves! This get's my blood boiling on principle, but my convinces me there is no reason for confrontation and I should just get the security to handle it. Ok fine. We drive back to the front of the store and I let her out to grab the security guys while I wait in the car as it's pretty busy and nowhere to park up front. She is taking a minute and I don't want him to get away so I jump out of the car quick and grab a couple people in vests that looked security'ish. They ask me if it's my car and I said no, at which point they proceeded to laugh and shrug. At this point my wife comes back out of the store so I get back in the car. My wife proceeds to tell me that she did eventually get to talk to a security person, but they said the best they can do is try to find it on the cameras. Period. Wtf. My wife out of frustration now tells me I can confront him while she calls the cops, but I'm not allowed to do anything 'dumb'. I don't care if it's a $20k car or not, I would hope someone would stop somebody from messing with my care while I'm not around so it's game time.
    I pull back around and he's still there so I jump out of the car with a 'what the hell are you doing'. At this point I notice there are now 3 people. Well it'll be a good story.
    And then the story does a 180. He tells me it's his friend's car and I called bull$#@!, but the dude came up with the keys. They said they were working on getting rid of a bunch of scratches on the car and asked me if I wanted them to leave. At this point as shady as the story was I really didn't have anything, so I just suggested they do it somewhere else and told them how it looked to the casual bystander.
    Apologies for the length, but that was definitely weird enough to make my weekend.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    I didn't want to post up a thread, but I did want to tell my car related story that happened to me the other day (I thought it was fight time). So as with probably everyone here I really Really like my car. With that said I really dislike the general lack of respect for other people's property that occurs in public places so I try to find a way to park as far away from other cars as possible so as to avoid door dings, etc. Well as I walking back to my car in the back corner of the lot at Ikea, I notice a guy acting weird by a tC. I mean there's only like 5 cars in 100 spaces out here, but this guy is acting really scetchy and not getting into the car at all, has no bags, and is kind of pacing around the car. Whatever, there's a thousand things he could be doing, so I try to ignore it. It takes me a min to get everything in the car and situated and when I'm done he's still being weird so I look closer and I swear it looks like he's keying the car. Again it's broad daylight and that just can't be what he's doing. I tell the wife to get a good look while we drive past and I'll be damned if he wasn't using a piece of sandpaper to rub the paint off the car in long waves! This get's my blood boiling on principle, but my convinces me there is no reason for confrontation and I should just get the security to handle it. Ok fine. We drive back to the front of the store and I let her out to grab the security guys while I wait in the car as it's pretty busy and nowhere to park up front. She is taking a minute and I don't want him to get away so I jump out of the car quick and grab a couple people in vests that looked security'ish. They ask me if it's my car and I said no, at which point they proceeded to laugh and shrug. At this point my wife comes back out of the store so I get back in the car. My wife proceeds to tell me that she did eventually get to talk to a security person, but they said the best they can do is try to find it on the cameras. Period. Wtf. My wife out of frustration now tells me I can confront him while she calls the cops, but I'm not allowed to do anything 'dumb'. I don't care if it's a $20k car or not, I would hope someone would stop somebody from messing with my care while I'm not around so it's game time.
    I pull back around and he's still there so I jump out of the car with a 'what the hell are you doing'. At this point I notice there are now 3 people. Well it'll be a good story.
    And then the story does a 180. He tells me it's his friend's car and I called bull$#@!, but the dude came up with the keys. They said they were working on getting rid of a bunch of scratches on the car and asked me if I wanted them to leave. At this point as shady as the story was I really didn't have anything, so I just suggested they do it somewhere else and told them how it looked to the casual bystander.
    Apologies for the length, but that was definitely weird enough to make my weekend.
    thats pretty weird... Was he using 1500 grit and a water hose to get rid of the 'clearcoat scratches' ?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hey ask me if it's my car and I said no, at which point they proceeded to laugh and shrug.
    Trying to get people to help usually gets this kind of result.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    thats pretty weird... Was he using 1500 grit and a water hose to get rid of the 'clearcoat scratches' ?
    It looked like it had already been keyed or something and I'd be surprised if it was 500 grit. That $#@! was taking paint off with a quickness. The only explanation I can think of is one of them lived in the apartment complex just off the parking lot and they decided there wasn't enough room for them where he lives, so they went across the street to the back of the Ikea lot to work. The only thing I could think was they were just saying fk it and trying to do something to cover up the scratches because they were all over the whole car. Maybe some kind of NFS Underground decal/paint thing. I honestly don't know though
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Trying to get people to help usually gets this kind of result.
    I don't get it. I just tried 4 times to come up with a second sentence here, but I think I'd just be wasting my breath (figuratively) and wandering off on a tangent. Are Americans really just sheep hoping the wolf gets someone else these days? The 'I'm glad it's not happening to me' mentality is just bs
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are Americans really just sheep hoping the wolf gets someone else these days? The 'I'm glad it's not happening to me' mentality is just bs
    It's what we have become.

No one cares until it is them.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey hi all wonderful Broosley's good to know that you people fight so much well i have never gone for any fighting as of now but if this type of a fight occurs in my life then i will surely post it across to you people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn .. I thought this thread was about Street Fighter 2!
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He was throwing those punches all casually like it was nothing haha, showed that dude though. Looks like they made the video with a samsung potato or something :/.

Forgot all about this thread, good revive.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123