Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dinan fantasy island?

Why does it seem like some people who own dinan products think that the product they purchased is far superior to anything else on the market? It just baffles me, it seems like they live on some kind of fantasy island and refuse to do any research. Obviously I'm not talking about everyone, but its like you try to share some information and experience with new car owners to help them avoid wasting their money. To each his/her own.

Here's a thread on m3post...im "xxs65xx"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

You are going to deal with the majority of less informed people there just buying a name or badge. Dinan lives off their name... you can buy a better alternative for a better price to almost anything they produce.

However, they make a reliable product that is well engineered. Nice products, just for the guy looking for mild gains and just getting more out of what is already there. Their products don't cater to the crowd here.

I would consider some of their suspensions products but for power, look elsewhere.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

One other thing, remember, that is a less knowledgeable crowd with far more mildly modified cars. Most don't really know what is out there or what is going on.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thank you! i thought i was crazy haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

from m3post.com

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cpiguy Click here to enlarge
    These threads kill me. As many of you know, I have a totally modified Dinan car. My dyno simply states, I'm running 368hp to the rear wheels. That was taken before the pulley kit. That's about a 40hp gain over a bone stock car. My son and buddy both have stock M3's, and there is no comparison in the way the cars perform. I will be redynoing my car next week. We plan to dyno my car and my sons car at the same time to get a true comparison of what my mods added in net HP. Should be interesting.

I'm happy to challenge any M3 that has the same mods from another shop. I'm convinced that the difference in net performance would be very minimal. When I started this project to build a totally Dinan modded car, I set out to have the fast NA M3 out there. So far I haven't been challenged, but I honestly believe my car would be right there with any other NA modded car.

The net of it is, any M3 with the full set of Dinan mods with be an absolute screamer. I'm convinced it's even faster than my 430, even though we've yet to run them side by side.
    come on seriously!? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    thank you! i thought i was crazy haha
    You aren't crazy but Dinan stuff certanily isn't bad. It is just as mild as tuning gets and very overpriced. Things like the stroker motors are a waste of $ as is basically any of their tuning.

Dinan used to be cutting edge back when they were doing badass S14 turbo kits and things like that. They just live off their name now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Dinan is way overpriced.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

from m3post.com

come on seriously!? Click here to enlarge
    He believes he would be right there with any other NA modded car? He is smoking something. 368 whp is nothing to brag about, even NA. He did not gain 40 hp over a stock car and this is exactly why you get a baseline.

Convinced it is faster than his F430? The F430 weighs less and dynos about 420 whp stock. Guy has a poorly calibrated butt dyno and his "Dinan" mods have gone to his head. Wow... just wow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

where did you find this thread OMG this guy is so funny! I can't believe the words he is putting down. I guess he has a lot of money to piss away. if my car was NA and I was in the states I would take up that challenge.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    where did you find this thread OMG this guy is so funny! I can't believe the words he is putting down. I guess he has a lot of money to piss away. if my car was NA and I was in the states I would take up that challenge.
    haha its the top 3rd thread in the engine section http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401845 that thread is hilarious, especially that "ASU" guy who told me confidently that a "middle section exhaust" and an x-pipe arent the same thing Click here to enlarge

unfortunately JASON deleted all my points and issued me a warning and some how figured out who i was lol, im "xxs65xx" by the way eugene

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't say dinan sells bad products but they are a tad bit over priced for the mild gains they give. But I wanted more power so I sold my full dinan exhaust and got full gintani Click here to enlarge
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

OP - it's like saying you paid $3500 for a set of BOSE speakers and think they're the best thing out there...but instead...they're beat by say a $400 5.1 system by Energy speakers.

People need to justify their purchase someway....ego is one way to do it Click here to enlarge

PLUS they have warranty...so essentially, that premium in price is for the warranty...not exactly for the performance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    OP - it's like saying you paid $3500 for a set of BOSE speakers and think they're the best thing out there...but instead...they're beat by say a $400 5.1 system by Energy speakers.

People need to justify their purchase someway....ego is one way to do it Click here to enlarge

PLUS they have warranty...so essentially, that premium in price is for the warranty...not exactly for the performance.
    they refuse to believe that there are far superior products out there for less....the poor saps just get swayed into dinan from the dealer with the "it has a warranty" pitch Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

they refuse to believe that there are far superior products out there for less....the poor saps just get swayed into dinan from the dealer with the "it has a warranty" pitch Click here to enlarge
    That is why most of the people here couldn't get along with that crowd, they are just too far behind and refuse to accept the reality of the situation.