Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

TX2K13 (Texas 2013) information thread - Dates, hotels, rates, road racing, dyno day, drag racing, roll racing, etc

The official TX2K13 hotel is Omni Houston Hotel Westside (same hotel as the last 4 years). The hotel is located approximately 25 minutes from Lonestar Motorsports Park and located in close proximity to many restaurants and entertainment venues. It's off I-10 and is very accessible from the interstate. Additionally, the hotel will have trailer parking out back with over night security (like last year).

Rates

Wednesday night March 13: $129
    Thursday night March 14: $129
    Friday night March 15: $99
    Saturday night March 16: $99
    Sunday night March 17: $99

Reservation Phone Number
    1-800-THE-OMNI (1-800-843-6664) for reservations

YOU MUST BOOK YOUR ROOM BY FEBRUARY 26 OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE DISCOUNTED RATE LISTED ABOVE. THEIR NORMAL RATE IS $299/NIGHT!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Omni Address

13210 Katy Freeway
    Houston, Texas 77079
    Reservation Instructions

You have two options:
    1. www.omnihotels.com and choose the Omni Hotel Westside, use the code 16800605460 and pick your dates.
    2. Call the phone number 800-THE-OMNI and use confirmation code "TX2K13" and you must tell them it's for the Omni Houston Hotel Westside.

Benefits
    --Classy hotel
    --Nice rooms
    --Used to a "loud" crowd (they host a Harley Convention every year)
    --Safe part of town
    --Lots of parking for rigs/trailers
    --Covered parking garage
    --Security onsite
    --20 to 25 minutes from the track (Lonestar)

Pictures
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Alternate Hotel - Marriott Houston Energy Corridor

Like last year, you all have an alternate option to the Omni. You can book at the Marriott just down the street on the other side of I-10
    888-403-6793
    Confirmation is "TX2K13 Room Block"
    $99/night every night

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The road racing/driver's education event for TX2K13 will be held at Texas World Speedway (TWS) (www.texasworldspeedway.com). This is the same venue we had several past TX2K events at.
    We will be running the 2.9 mile long circuit (highlighted in red on the map below):
    Click here to enlarge

Directions:

Total driving distance from the hotel to TWS is 83 miles. From the host hotel head east on I-10 (towards downtown Houston) for approximately 3 miles. Take exit 756 towards Sam Houston Tollway North (also known as Beltway 8). Travel north on Beltway 8 for approximately 6 miles and take the exit for 290 West (right after the pay toll plaza). Go west on 290 for approximately 36 miles and exit onto TX-6 North towards College Station/Bryan. Stay on TX-6 North for approximately 32 miles and take the exit for Texas World Speedway (will be on your right).
    The drive should take you 1 hours 15 minutes from the host hotel.

www.texasworldspeedway.com
    17529 Highway 6 South
    College Station, TX 77845
    979-690-2500

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Gates Open: 7:30 am

Mandatory Driver's Meeting: 8:30 am

First Cars On Track: 9:00 am

Cost per Car: $225 via cash, check or MO. You can also use paypal...paypal $232 to [email]pblach@ATT .net (NON REFUNDABLE - however if your plans change you can sell your spot to someone else). No charge for spectators.

Transponder Cost per Car: TO BE DETERMINED
    Each driver will get ATLEAST 2 hours of track time...

Classes and Format:
    Beginner - if you've never run a road course before or if you feel like you need an instructor in your car to teach you the track. It will be up to the instructor to allow you to run alone and to decide if you are qualified enough to do so.
    Advanced - if you have 3 previous SCCA or other sanctioned body road course/driver's education events under your belt. This class is also for those that would like a transponder and would like to be part of the time attack event.
    ALL ADVANCED DRIVER'S WILL NEED TO VOLUNTEER TO INSTRUCT BEGINNERS.
    *****We must have 30 PAID drivers by 2/1/13 in order for this event to happen, sign up now!!!!!

Time Attack Details:
    At the end of the day, those who have paid for a transponder (info coming) will have a chance to run the time attack. The fastest 5 cars will battle it out at the end of the day for the time attack 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies.
    OK, I think I've covered everything here, please feel free to post any questions and please get your money in ASAP!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The dyno day for TX2K13 will once again be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com) The dyno day event will mirror the TX2K10, TX2K11 and TX2K12 dyno day...first come first serve, 2 dyno's will be going at the same time (one is an AWD dyno for GTR's, AWD 911's, EVO's, STi's, etc...and one is a standard dynojet), Anna Comingore will hold the dyno list...sponsors will get priority for dyno time. Last year we ended up dyno'ing around 85 cars and I plan to do the same this year. Cost to dyno - NOTHING, it's free like always...

Directions:
    From the host hotel, go WEST on I-10, stay on I-10 WEST for approximately 40-45 miles. Exit Beckendorf Road (Exit 713) and follow signs to LMP.

Click here to enlarge

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
    120 Old Columbus Road South
    Sealy, TX 77474
    Phone: 979-877-0922

Cost: cost to enter gates for the day is $20/person and is payable at the gate.

Food: concessions will be open all day

Dyno Competition: the categories will be Supra 1st Place, Supra 2nd Place, GTR 1st Place, GTR 2nd Place, Street Car (non Supra, non GTR) 1st Place, Street Car (non Supra, non GTR) 2nd Place. The first car will hit the dyno at 9:00 am.

Gates open at 8:30 am, we will dyno from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and will shut down right at 5:00 pm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The NIGHT MEET for TX2K13 will be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com) While I recognize the location is not ideal, it's the only place where we can control access in/out, where we can police the parking lot to make sure that we are safe and that our cars are safe, where we can offer a bikini contest with no limit on noise, where we can still serve beer (they have a license to serve), where we can serve food...and ultimately where we can keep the type of clientele we don't want...out. The event will continue to be heavily supported and sponsored by HoustonPerformanceDriving.com , KP Racing (Knight Performance, LLC) as well as a few other sponsors that are going to step up to make this event happen. This year we will have the following:
    1. Bikini contest
    2. Beer/Food (we are working with Hooters and possibly Twin Peaks to have them serve food)
    3. Live band
    4. Burnout contest with the prize being $250 (feel free to burnout in a SAFE environment where no one can get hurt and even win some $)
    5. Motorcycle stunting exhibition
    Directions:
    From the host hotel, go WEST on I-10, stay on I-10 WEST for approximately 40-45 miles. Exit Beckendorf Road (Exit 713) and follow signs to LMP.
    Click here to enlarge
    LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
    120 Old Columbus Road South
    Sealy, TX 77474
    Phone: 979-877-0922
    Cost: cost to enter gates for the day is $20/person and is payable at the gate. You will be able to buy a 4 event pass on Friday morning that will get you in the Hennessey gate and will allow you to bypass the line at the main gate.
    Food: concessions will be open
    Gates open at 9:00 pm, band will start at 10 pm, bikini contest will start at 11:00 pm and we will have the burnout contest and stunting competition mixed in. We will shut down at 1:00 am. I will update as more details become available.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should go to some of these events being that I live in Houston =P
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would give anything for an event to be within 300 miles of me. Oh well. Maybe in 2014 Click here to enlarge They're building a new motorsports park by the Corvette museum/factory 1hr from me. That'll certainly be pretty awesome. Enjoy this guys, it looks badass!!!!!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I feel like this is one of those events that if you're not pushing 700 WHP+, that you're just putting yourself in a bad place. A lot like the Honda ricer that shows up & gets in the way during runs to Mexico
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    700 whp might be embarrassing in that crowd.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I feel like this is one of those events that if you're not pushing 700 WHP+, that you're just putting yourself in a bad place. A lot like the Honda ricer that shows up & gets in the way during runs to Mexico
    pretty much.....even 1000hp is kinda eh there
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    eh, from experience, 500 is laughable, and is what the transport vehicles are packin.. 700 is good enough for fun, but not if you have a fragile ego..basically, no " , " in your rating, dont run your mouth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    eh, from experience, 500 is laughable, and is what the transport vehicles are packin.. 700 is good enough for fun, but not if you have a fragile ego..basically, no " , " in your rating, dont run your mouth
    +1

Ill be going this year as always...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At TX2K12 there was some pretty ridiculous street racing going on around the hotel and of course the meet was unforgettable. If you haven't seen the video of the Mustang owner getting arrested and the crowd reaction, I highly recommend it.

Kind of wish the meet wasn't gonna be out at Lone Star. It's kind of far to drive. Even for a bikini contest.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    pretty much.....even 1000hp is kinda eh there
    Click here to enlarge It def seems like the UGR Lambos, Supras & GTRs dominate the scene (in that order)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    At TX2K12 there was some pretty ridiculous street racing going on around the hotel and of course the meet was unforgettable. If you haven't seen the video of the Mustang owner getting arrested and the crowd reaction, I highly recommend it.
    The burnout video? A lot of the best TX2K12 video I've seen is the 1320Video stuff, for example:

The Frankenstein meet looks awesome tho

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge

Kind of wish the meet wasn't gonna be out at Lone Star. It's kind of far to drive. Even for a bikini contest.
    Ya the street racing was unreal if you were in the know of where to be!

and ya lone star kinda sucks, but frankensteins is closed now so idk..

Click here to enlarge It def seems like the UGR Lambos, Supras & GTRs dominate the scene (in that order)

The burnout video? A lot of the best TX2K12 video I've seen is the 1320Video stuff, for example:
    http://youtu.be/durm775TZmo

The Frankenstein meet looks awesome tho
    Pretty much, UGR comes in full force which was quite fun to say the least...
    Eurocharged Performance

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Texas 2K13

I didn't see a thread going for this event, is anyone else going next weekend? We're shipping my buddy's 1000 wheel GTR out there for the weekend. Should be a lot of fast cars.
    Rocky

e90 335i Sedan - A couple mods away from FBO
    MK3 Supra - 1jz swap, big single, supporting mods

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was with Hennessey last week and he mentioned the event but unfortunately I was already on my way through. Sounds like it is an absolute blast.

Have fun and be sure to give a wind up for us.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll be out there. My M5 is down so Im rolling with my friend in his 1250whp TT 03' Cobra.

Heres the beast.. too loud for my phone mic to capture lol

Assuming all the cars get finished this week, well have a good group with us..

2 800+hp Supras one of which did 213 at the Texas mile
    620whp 2JZ swap S13 240 that weighs 2750 lbs
    700whp Evo
    800whp Evo
    550whp GTR
    620whp GTR

Likely another 10 plus cars I regularly cruise with will be out there. I haven't had a chance to talk to everyone yet as Ive been out of town.

A friend from Atlanta said he's bringing his 800whp TT Audi R8 V10 down too last time we talked..
    09' M3 AA Gen 2 Level 2 S/C
    03' Viper Roadster- FBO
    10' X5M
    09' Cayenne GTS
    11' Jaguar XFR
    08' CLS63 AMG
    08' EVO X GSR- FBO
    13' F10 550i M Sport

Past:
    07' C6 Z06
    11' M3 Comp DCT
    10' C63 AMG
    10' SVT Raptor 6.2
    12' BOSS 302
    11' E92 335i
    09' C63 AMG -
    01' C5 Z06- White, FBO+Cam
    11' E92 335is- Sapp Blk
    08' E82 135i- Sapphire Blk
    10' Audi S5 6-Speed
    04' SVT Lightning
    08' E90 335i 6-Speed- Blk
    08' C63 AMG- Blk
    09' CTS-V Sedan- Blk Raven
    06' E60 M5 SMG
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky -- Merge threads. There's a thread with all the details for TX2K13: Dates, Hotel, Racing Events/Dyno Day, etc

http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...oll-racing-etc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky -- Merge threads. There's a thread with all the details for TX2K13: Dates, Hotel, Racing Events/Dyno Day, etc

http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...oll-racing-etc
    Merged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will get some pics of the event and put them on my instagram...

eurochargedjake
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for merging the threads Sticky.

Like I said, I'll be there. If anyone going from the website sees this car, please stop by and say what's up:

Click here to enlarge

Syonara on the plate, SC plates. It would be cool to meet some of the jokers on this site.

Rocky
    Rocky

e90 335i Sedan - A couple mods away from FBO
    MK3 Supra - 1jz swap, big single, supporting mods

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just noticed the OP doesn't actually state the dates so what are they?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I just noticed the OP doesn't actually state the dates so what are they?
    This fri/sat/sun 15/16/17
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    This fri/sat/sun 15/16/17
    Oh, well I'm missing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so....TT aventador is showing up at the shop tomorrow! HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Sticky how you like that?
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast