Close

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Yeah they probably just don't realize the market potential. It's a shame. Hopefully something comes to fruition some day. Until then it's meth kits for us.
    Yup,

will be installing meth next time home. then i can re up the E85 mix and Bam! more kills
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    I'm not mocking at all, nor am i sayin "your stupid"; thats pretty naive to think that. This has been covered a bunch of times and suggested. The pump is maxed based on its design.
    I'm under the impression the pump struggles most at midrange rpm. If you look at Tony's data in post 812 with the improved pump, there is still a period in the middle of the rpm range when high pressure fuel is noticeably down. Then it picks up as rpms raise. This tells me the pump has the potential to flow (as is seen at high rpm when fuel demands are greatest) but it just needs to get up to speed first. That is why I suggested spinning the pump faster.

The data suggests the pump can flow enough if it is spinning fast enough. It should continue to flow more as you increase its speed until it asymptotically reaches an absolute limit when the pumping force is equalized with the resistance to flow within the pump or when the pump breaks, which ever happens first.

In Tony's data the pressure is continuing to increase towards the end of the pull. The pump shows no signs of not being able to keep up with demand once it is spinning fast enough.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

mine has trouble at redline shifts. but maybes that's bcuz big single. idk. I'm adding meth though bcuz it's sketchy

like tony mentioned though maybe the inline 255 isn't enough on the low side but either way meth will sort me out for now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    mine has trouble at redline shifts. but maybes that's bcuz big single. idk. I'm adding meth though bcuz it's sketchy

like tony mentioned though maybe the inline 255 isn't enough on the low side but either way meth will sort me out for now
    Well I'm glad you are getting your car sorted out. It must be a ton of fun to drive.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

642/514 Still no meth

Redyno with meth coming soon and goal is 700/540 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

Just get the JB4 controlling boost. It's working nicely and is as easy as sticking the OEM solenoid in the wastegate line.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

He's gotta get his parts back from proven power. They have the canisters and solenoids.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Just get the JB4 controlling boost. It's working nicely and is as easy as sticking the OEM solenoid in the wastegate line.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/attach...1&d=1381460471

and ill have to move the line to the top port of the wastegate right? its on bottom now thus why i bleed boost lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

It has to be connected to the boost side as it should be currently.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

It has to be connected to the boost side as it should be currently.
    i dont need the canistor(s)? just the oem solenoids?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13814-1.jpg
    this log for which car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Jesus, I need a better turbo. HTA would be nice...

Sorry, not able to rep you again (yet).
    Last edited by Eleventeen; 10-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13814-1.jpg
    Is this from your own car? Is the BMS single turbo car up and running?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    this log for which car?
    Just a random customer running a home made kit. E92 still not alive according to the shop. Hopefully before the next summer Olympics. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Just a random customer running a home made kit. E92 still not alive according to the shop. Hopefully before the next summer Olympics. Click here to enlarge
    All they have to do is bolt the $#@! on! The hard part is already done. Hurry up already!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

Yeah, I wish I had the time to just do it myself. They are also swapping in a 3.42 rear gear carrier we picked up cheaply.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yeah, I wish I had the time to just do it myself. They are also swapping in a 3.42 rear gear carrier we picked up cheaply.
    I can't wait until you are able to optimize a JB4 map for the single. I'm just using 27.3 right now; but I can see in the logs that spool can still be optimized (not necessarily with more duty cycle, but by carrying higher duty cycle past 4000 RPM). Otherwise, it works surprisingly well considering it was written for stock twins!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait until you are able to optimize a JB4 map for the single. I'm just using 27.3 right now; but I can see in the logs that spool can still be optimized (not necessarily with more duty cycle, but by carrying higher duty cycle past 4000 RPM). Otherwise, it works surprisingly well considering it was written for stock twins!
    did you set FUA=30

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

did you set FUA=30
    What's that do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

What's that do?
    idk terry had me do it. said it would help with throttle on spool up.. an internal thing. I won all the races so it didnt hurt lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

idk terry had me do it. said it would help with throttle on spool up.. an internal thing. I won all the races so it didnt hurt lol
    Cool, I'll give it a shot! If you don't hear from me again, then I probably exploded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Cool, I'll give it a shot! If you don't hear from me again, then I probably exploded.
    thats how i feel everytime it winds up on the dyno after a little twist of le knob.... skeeetttccchhyy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

FUA is just an internal tuning change to related to throttle activity. It would be a car specific thing.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)

We'll see. Of course while boost is less than the WG spring it does not matter what the JB4 is doing. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@Ak335i your giving us automatic guys hope haha....how many times have you launched the car?

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast