Close

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Biggest problem I see many people having with this is the amount of cutting you are going to have to do get that tranny to fit in the tunnel. Most people do not like cutting up their car unless its a race car. But one the first one is done. You know what they say, its all downhill from there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Once this dang bellhousing is done, I don't think much cutting is gonna be needed. Maybe some good whacks from a dead blow maybe Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I measured it a couple times when I was thinking about getting an AT car. I had a fully built stage 5 4L65E sitting here from an LS project. Its gonna take quite a bit of cutting. Its just beefier in a couple of the wrong places.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So much information! "D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I measured it a couple times when I was thinking about getting an AT car. I had a fully built stage 5 4L65E sitting here from an LS project. Its gonna take quite a bit of cutting. Its just beefier in a couple of the wrong places.
    What is the difference in size between the 4l65e and the 4l60e or is it all internals?

EDIT: Read that internals all swap over... Hopefully someone can get around this with magic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    4l80E would be bomb effing proof.
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Once you see people with 6MT's doing 800-900rwhp, you'll feel the itch again.
    And remember who your 'neighbor' is down here in sunny Florida Click here to enlarge You let me claim 'highest trapspeed 335i in FL' and you can have 'quickest ET 335i in FL' all to yourself Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    And remember who your 'neighbor' is down here in sunny Florida Click here to enlarge You let me claim 'highest trapspeed 335i in FL' and you can have 'quickest ET 335i in FL' all to yourself Click here to enlarge
    But I'm from Arizona Click here to enlarge

EDIT: The place where freeways pulls are king. I have yet to go to a city that has longer, straighter freeways that are paved better. Very WIDE lanes, very straight(its a desert) and smooth no pot holes. In the summer all the people leave and there is lots of opportunity for construction to clean things up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I'll be honest. I'm going to be very disappointed if you go with L10. Not my money though, do what you want!

I would parade down the DCT + upgraded clutch packs before I threw in a level 10 'upgrade' which in my opinion is just a hack. Even if the transmission does hold, you have a single turbo for christ sakes. Everything thinks they are 'done'. But you won't be, you'll come back for more power just like everyone does and then you'll have to redo the transmission again. Obviously its your money and cost can be a prohibiting factor, but do it once, do it right! One vote for paving the GM transmission path. Once you see people with 6MT's doing 800-900rwhp, you'll feel the itch again.
    Yeah i wont be doing level 10.. i meant it would likely hold at my current HP which isnt crazy yet.. but by fall ill be puttin down serious numbers

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Biggest problem I see many people having with this is the amount of cutting you are going to have to do get that tranny to fit in the tunnel. Most people do not like cutting up their car unless its a race car. But one the first one is done. You know what they say, its all downhill from there.
    Im down for cutting as long as the cabin stays intact lol.. its a weekend car

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    Once this dang bellhousing is done, I don't think much cutting is gonna be needed. Maybe some good whacks from a dead blow maybe Click here to enlarge
    I like the sound of that

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    4l80E would be bomb effing proof.
    Yes thats my first choice for a long time now

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Yeah lol.. im stoked for you ! any rough idea of when you will be doing the S3?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Yeah lol.. im stoked for you ! any rough idea of when you will be doing the S3?
    Probably within a few weeks of receiving it. Click here to enlarge But I'm trying to 'arrange' to have my 4" exhaust done before then. Hopefully won't be more than a weekend's worth of work. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I seem to have found the fueling ceiling with no meth on my car. 20.5-21psi on e30 with clean logs. good timing Iats staying pretty Low. any more boost or e85 and hpfp takes a hit.

this is with Walbro 255 inline (in tank) and Vargas upgraded hpfp/rail

im trying real hard to dyno today to see what this translates to.

the Walbro 450 and stock lpfp in parallel was a pita. problems all the time I tried it for a few months and it wasn't worth all the work

ill add meth soon and change map sensor as well

just thought this may be useful info for stage 3 guys or guys doing their own single turbo kits aiming for 600whp and up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I seem to have found the fueling ceiling with no meth on my car. 20.5-21psi on e30 with clean logs. good timing Iats staying pretty Low. any more boost or e85 and hpfp takes a hit.

this is with Walbro 255 inline (in tank) and Vargas upgraded hpfp/rail

im trying real hard to dyno today to see what this translates to.

the Walbro 450 and stock lpfp in parallel was a pita. problems all the time I tried it for a few months and it wasn't worth all the work

ill add meth soon and change map sensor as well

just thought this may be useful info for stage 3 guys or guys doing their own single turbo kits aiming for 600whp and up
    That is very strange, on stage 3 with just the parallel set up, we hit almost 700 with no meth, and the exact HPFP set up you are running. The pump would take a hit mid range but immediately recover and trims would go back negative, where as before the HPFP would never recover and trims would max out. I attached side by side graphs here. Before HPFS upgrade left After right.. I def feel the 255 inline is not enough pump for big numbers but perfect for stock frame stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I seem to have found the fueling ceiling with no meth on my car. 20.5-21psi on e30 with clean logs. good timing Iats staying pretty Low. any more boost or e85 and hpfp takes a hit. this is with Walbro 255 inline (in tank) and Vargas upgraded hpfp/rail im trying real hard to dyno today to see what this translates to. the Walbro 450 and stock lpfp in parallel was a pita. problems all the time I tried it for a few months and it wasn't worth all the work ill add meth soon and change map sensor as well just thought this may be useful info for stage 3 guys or guys doing their own single turbo kits aiming for 600whp and up
    Good info. Please post logs showing low and high fuel pressure. Thanks for sharing.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The volume of fuel the HPFP can move is directly proportional to engine RPM. You may have to limit your boost pressure at lower RPM to allow the HPFP to meet targets.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    The volume of fuel the HPFP can move is directly proportional to engine RPM. You may have to limit your boost pressure at lower RPM to allow the HPFP to meet targets.
    Is it a cam-drive pump?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    Is it a cam-drive pump?
    No, its driven off the back of the vacuum pump, which is chain driven.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No, its driven off the back of the vacuum pump, which is chain driven.
    I think you misunderstood me. I was asking if the pump works by a cam lobe actuating a plunger in a cylinder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't misunderstand you at all. The pump is actuated by being connected to the vacuum pump which is driven by a chain with engine rotation. The pump is a plunger style pump like a diesel, it spins actuating the internal plungers, if we had a cam driven pump our upgrade options would be plentiful.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't misunderstand you at all. The pump is actuated by being connected to the vacuum pump which is driven by a chain with engine rotation. The pump is a plunger style pump like a diesel, it spins actuating the internal plungers, if we had a cam driven pump our upgrade options would be plentiful.

Hmm, wouldn't a smaller pulley increase fuel?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, wouldn't a smaller pulley increase fuel?
    Not possible, not like its belt driven out in the open, its inside a housing being chain driven. We have had the entire thing apart. Doing anything with that set up as far as pulley size is a no go. There are other options though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not possible, not like its belt driven out in the open, its inside a housing being chain driven. We have had the entire thing apart. Doing anything with that set up as far as pulley size is a no go. There are other options though
    What other options is that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so you can't make the cog that's on the vac pump smaller?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    so you can't make the cog that's on the vac pump smaller?
    Or the other gear bigger. What tune is being ran with this single AK?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a flash terry sent me and the jb4. I'm back in Alaska now boo. but I had some good kills this time home Click here to enlarge cars a roll monster! anyway I'm going meth. when I get home I'll post logs of before and after showing all the parameters with meth and back to e50 on 21 pounds the car will no doubt roll with 130-135 cars no problemo

i did edge out a 130 car but on 2 of 4 runs I hit the ceiling on the HP side :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    a flash terry sent me and the jb4. I'm back in Alaska now boo. but I had some good kills this time home Click here to enlarge cars a roll monster! anyway I'm going meth. when I get home I'll post logs of before and after showing all the parameters with meth and back to e50 on 21 pounds the car will no doubt roll with 130-135 cars no problemo

i did edge out a 130 car but on 2 of 4 runs I hit the ceiling on the HP side :/
    can u tell us what cars did u race?
    don't forget the 6AT can't handle more power, i think 600rwhp is the limit
    can u show us the e85 20psi dyno sheet

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast