Close

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    The car has around 35K miles, we will probably do the fluid. I originally planned on doing a tranny cooler, but with the 6466 and the power potential it is showing at low boost, i do not think ill waste the time/effort/money on this. The next move this fall is a tranny swap if 517trans is not worthy and then building motor next year. Plan on being one of the first to close in on 900Hp in the future Click here to enlarge
    Cool. 900 HP is way to much for the stock AT under any circumstance, I feel. That's almost twice the torque the transmission is rated for if the 900 HP comes at 7200 rpm.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Cool. 900 HP is way to much for the stock AT under any circumstance, I feel. That's almost twice the torque the transmission is rated for if the 900 HP comes at 7200 rpm.

I agree. Th400 or 4L80e with manual valve body baby 4 on the floor on the bimmer? haha
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    When do we get a video of you racing @BuraQ ?

Granted it was ak335s girlfriend driving against BuraQ on stock turbos, not too shabby. Click here to enlarge

Definitely need to see how it does now with the single turby. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    When do we get a video of you racing @BuraQ ?
    Im sure we can arrange that when i get home in a couple weeks, by then the car should be ready for dyno and roll/dig races Click here to enlarge
    Just say it, I am going to get murdered....lol. Its going to be interesting though, all I ask is to give me a car length head start.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Just say it, I am going to get murdered....lol. Its going to be interesting though, all I ask is to give me a car length head start.
    Gonna need all the corn fuel you can pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I agree. Th400 or 4L80e with manual valve body baby 4 on the floor on the bimmer? haha
    I still think a swap would be the best option. If its semieasily do-able.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I see all the transmission ideas failing to work just like the fuel pump. It's going to be a giant waste of money even if it somehow does work. Just swap in an MT and be done IMO. Don't be another person's experiment Dan Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I see all the transmission ideas failing to work just like the fuel pump. It's going to be a giant waste of money even if it somehow does work. Just swap in an MT and be done IMO. Don't be another person's experiment Dan Click here to enlarge
    Whose experiment is he exactly? I feel like you're in here just to stir $#@! up because you're butt hurt about being banned from the flordida chat group for being a douche to everybody.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge

Its not an experiment, its a project car. I dont need it. It could catch on fire and burn to the ground and ill still have a happier less bitter life than you.

If any of our "experimenting" pans out it will help a lot of people in the community and i understand it will not help you as you believe the N54 is a "pea shooter" and you'll never push it anyway.

Keep your bitterness with the Florida group out of my thread or ill start a thread entitled "Free LM, Ban E90company"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Just something worth sharing...

We at one point ran the COBB only without the JB4 G5 installed and it threw a myriad of codes.. None serious and im sure overwrites could be written by Jake or Dzenno or someone.

But the JB4 G5 out of the box does excellent paired with the Cobb for fueling flash.

No codes get thrown with this setup.

We took a step back and redid LPFP side, it is running twin in tank pumps like Vargas did now. 450lph and new OEM lpfp. Gauge pod and boost gauge and wideband are being installed. Then we will tune for 93 and then gradually add the E85 back in...

We were excited and went straight for the prize at first lol... But we know it will make stupid power and have no tuning issues on 93 at 15-16psi so that is what we are going to work on now so i can get this $#@! dynod soon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Id like some hating and drama, so heres a pic of VD..

This was with E60 i think and pump gas timing, 3 people in car- 205, 240 and 240lbs each and fuel tank of fuel. 15-16 psi off wastegate and the other LPFP completely taking a crap and not recoving at around 5.5K rpm lol.. We will have real dyno results soon. It has made 549hp in the same scenario with a complete loss on the LPFP side LOL Pretty promising for $#@!t timing, low boost and loss of fuel if you ask me...

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Ak335i; 06-24-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Id like some hating and drama, so heres a pic of VD..
    I really doubt anyone is going to hate on you. No reason to.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I really doubt anyone is going to hate on you. No reason to.

I know, im just being a dork... i just wrote that because on the other forum, Vargas said we will need A LOT more boost than this 16PSI to make 600WHP, when clearly all we need to do is not lose fuel at 5500RPM Click here to enlarge the LPFP setup has been re done with the twin in tank pumps since that crappy pull, and stoked to have it dynod soon on 93 octane no meth

That VD is just a very poor teaser of whats coming

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cant wait to see this car done!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Holy $#@! 16 psi almost 600whp. $#@! me.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I know, im just being a dork... i just wrote that because on the other forum, Vargas said we will need A LOT more boost than this 16PSI to make 600WHP, when clearly all we need to do is not lose fuel at 5500RPM Click here to enlarge the LPFP setup has been re done with the twin in tank pumps since that crappy pull, and stoked to have it dynod soon on 93 octane no meth

That VD is just a very poor teaser of whats coming
    What I said in the other forum is EXACTLY what I will say here. All that I am saying is that another very experienced tuner using the EXACT turbo you are using took a LOT more then 16 psi to hit 600 WHP it took us a LOT more than 16psi to hit 600 WHP. Me just like everyone else thinks your set up is bad ass. $#@! I made sure to send you parts to help you build it. But they aren't magic, what boost and fuel are needed on the N54 to make 600 WHP are very well documented at this point. If you can make 600 at 16 psi on a real Dyno and I will be the first to congratulate you. Just a heads up before we went to the dyno for the first time, our VD graphs were OVER 600 WHP consistently and when we strapped down we were at about 560-580, you are 524 on your VD. This was BEFORE we touched the HPFS meaning running the identical fuel set up as yours. No one is hating on you, on the other site I stated you will need a LOT more then 16 PSI to hit 600 WHP and I'm saying it here too. That's not hating that's speaking from experience.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 06-25-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    turbo and engine is all about airflow. I believe my kit utilizes what the others havent which is enlarged intake and exhaust. Think of a 1k hp supra for example...3" charge piping, long runner exhaust manifold, 4" exhauast etc. Everything for increased airflow in and out of the engine. I havent seen the vishnu kit in person however my 1 off manifold seems to be a larger diameter piping w smoother primary merge sections. Also i hv a much larger and smoother flowing 4" exhaust compared to the split downpipe design ive seen on others. That causes turbulence which air does not like. I may not be paving the way but as far as making big power this kit has every ingredient to do so. Also keep in mind my car is auto and making similar power to your manual platform on similar boost Click here to enlarge

For the record I like you and love what you've done to the platform. Hell, your name is even in my signature. I hope you don't take any of this as trash talking LOL

FWIW, the 524hp on that VD is LOW, we ran out of fuel and that was under 6k rpm lol. but I know you know that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think there is any trash talking here. Since this is a custom single 6466, nobody really knows what can happen. I understand experience comes first hand but everything is different with set ups. Still would be awesome to see something near 600whp and under 20psi boost. That would be an awesome DD set up.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I don't think there is any trash talking here. Since this is a custom single 6466, nobody really knows what can happen. I understand experience comes first hand but everything is different with set ups. Still would be awesome to see something near 600whp and under 20psi boost. That would be an awesome DD set up.

Well said. Im not trying to come off as trash talking and im not taking tony as trash talking either. Click here to enlarge And for the stock flashed AUTO, thats the goal. 600ish WHP on less than 20PSI on 93 NO METH.

Tony believes it will take 20-22PSI ? That is by all accounts a fair judgement based off of what we have seen and he is basing this off of FFTEC 6466 making 600 WHP at 21 PSI FACT. He has more experience than I do. FACT

I believe that it will be very close on 16PSI and will take NO MORE than 18PSI to see 600WHP. I have a different setup completely including tuning than FFTEC. The only thing that my car shares with them is a 6466. FACT

We will know soon enough. Car will be tuned and dynod on 93 within the next couple of weeks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well said. Im not trying to come off as trash talking and im not taking tony as trash talking either. Click here to enlarge And for the stock flashed AUTO, thats the goal. 600ish WHP on less than 20PSI on 93 NO METH.

Tony believes it will take 20-22PSI ? That is by all accounts a fair judgement based off of what we have seen and he is basing this off of FFTEC 6466 making 600 WHP at 21 PSI FACT. He has more experience than I do. FACT

I believe that it will be very close on 16PSI and will take NO MORE than 18PSI to see 600WHP. I have a different setup completely including tuning than FFTEC. The only thing that my car shares with them is a 6466. FACT

We will know soon enough. Car will be tuned and dynod on 93 within the next couple of weeks Click here to enlarge
    Mhmm, sounds like it should lol.
    Can't wait till the dyno session comes then we can say. 20psi> 600whp FACT Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It would be nice to see 600 on 18psi. It would be a sign of this motor finally coming into its potential. Not 30 psi for 650 issues.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Different setups, different flow potential, different cfm, different fuels...on the VTT S3 car the approach taken was high boost lower timing..Tony had two main goals out of his setup and us helping him tune:

1) We had to show that we can run 26+psi Click here to enlarge We went with a high boost, low timing option to show this could be done to him. Even if we wanted to stick with lower boost (i.e. a different tuning approach) in the first round of tuning we simply followed what Tony wanted out of his setup

2) Make as much power as you can on a given octane given fuel system limitations

We didn't get to tuning on E85 but regardless there are many approaches you can tune for. Looking forward to seeing what this 6466 setup does. It seems like a great turbo with high cfm. I suspect on E85 it won't take a ton more than 16psi to reach 600whp peak especially if you're just trying to hit 600 at/near redline.

Regardless, best of luck with the project as always. Just one thing to keep in mind, beware of just cranking timing to go for a cool sounding low boost dyno. Not saying that's what you're doing just a word of caution. Timing can/does break things prematurely especially on eery quiet E85.

In terms of custom piping, exhaust, etc. it all helps and adds up in the end. I'm one that's always after every last detail as well so I applaud the efforts there on your end. However, I wouldn't run a 4" exhaust on my own personal car just for sound reasons.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Regardless, best of luck with the project as always. Just one thing to keep in mind, beware of just cranking timing to go for a cool sounding low boost dyno. Not saying that's what you're doing just a word of caution. Timing can/does break things prematurely especially on eery quiet E85.
    Well put as always Click here to enlarge
    And we are going for a solid yet non aggressive tune on 93 only. We are not trying to make 600whp as a glory pull or to really prove a point.

Coincidentally making 600WHP at low boost due to the dynamics of this kit and limitations of the current Auto tranny would just the irony of all this debate Click here to enlarge

Once the 93 octane no meth is hashed out, we will go back on our E85 crusade lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everyone has their opinions. My point is, a 6466 has been installed and tuned extensively on this motor. 600 WHP at 16 PSI is not possible. It just isn't. Its not enough air to get you there. I doubt its possible under 20 psi to be honest. And 650 on 30 psi? Who did that. Pretty sure we were running 27-28 lbs to get get 650 and people that run a lot of timing a low boost break things. Boost doesn't break motors, timing does. FACT. I suspect he will see 600 WHP around the same place Shiv did 21-23 psi, no where near 16. Either way I cant wait til he gets its dialed in a making some serious power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And by the way, when I mention 30 psi for 650, I'm in no means referencing the vargas hardware as they have performed much better than this. It was just a number I threw out there, mostly based on the FFTEC kit putting up low numbers and times based on the power it supposedly had and the boost required to get there. Just to clear the air.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast