Close

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why not just do that then? Or is that the issue with the controller?
    That's what we did for testing the Friday night. In the end, it's just a less elegant solution for a daily driven car, and at this point more work than it's worth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    That's what we did for testing the Friday night. In the end, it's just a less elegant solution for a daily driven car, and at this point more work than it's worth.
    But it works and supplies more than enough fuel?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    But it works and supplies more than enough fuel?
    It works ok I'll say. To reap the benefits of this pump larger fuel line is required. The outlet on the pump is -10, and we took it down to a -6 barb which required some major line stretching. To do this the right way you really need at least -8 all the way to the motor, and to me seems kind of pointless when the hpfp has a 1/4" hard line going into it. I guess the walbro was built with the smaller opening in mind, I just hope it's reliable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It works ok I'll say. To reap the benefits of this pump larger fuel line is required. The outlet on the pump is -10, and we took it down to a -6 barb which required some major line stretching. To do this the right way you really need at least -8 all the way to the motor, and to me seems kind of pointless when the hpfp has a 1/4" hard line going into it. I guess the walbro was built with the smaller opening in mind, I just hope it's reliable.
    What I'm trying to understand here is why does the size of the fuel line matter all that much or why does it make it pointless if it works?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What I'm trying to understand here is why does the size of the fuel line matter all that much or why does it make it pointless if it works?
    Because I don't see us getting the full flow capacity out of this pump necking it down like that. On full e85 and 16-17 I don't think there is much left in it. Just to restricted. Putting the pump in high speed actually made us loose fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because I don't see us getting the full flow capacity out of this pump necking it down like that. On full e85 and 16-17 I don't think there is much left in it. Just to restricted. Putting the pump in high speed actually made us loose fuel.
    Ok I see that makes sense and you can't increase the fuel line size to not make it a bottleneck?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok I see that makes sense and you can't increase the fuel line size to not make it a bottleneck?
    I can increase the size of the line, but not the hpfp opening.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

I can increase the size of the line, but not the hpfp opening.
    I get it now, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah to sum it all up, it was a worthwhile experiment. but like @BoostAddict said, in the end, that pump needs to use a bigger fitting and bigger fuel line to be used to the potential needed for 100% e85. walbro is ordered and we will move forward again. I guess sometimes less is more. Well I hope so anyway Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did either of you guys end up fitting this 335d reservoir yet? I've got the tank and the steering fluid bracket, steering fluid bracket was plug n' play but there's no way my charge pipe will let the tank sit there...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I just ordered the 335d coolant reservoir which mounts on the driver's side for my own car. My only worry is whether or not it will clear my CP-e chargepipe; I'm sure that can be modified, though. I also ordered the 335d power steering reservoir bracket. AK, I'll let you know how it fits.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...7&d=1366343183

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @72psi+ you can move a lot of fuel with a 1/4" restriction. The real limit is the HPFP but we'll see where it hits and how rich we can run those higher boost levels soon. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skyguy Click here to enlarge
    Did either of you guys end up fitting this 335d reservoir yet? I've got the tank and the steering fluid bracket, steering fluid bracket was plug n' play but there's no way my charge pipe will let the tank sit there...
    Yep, I installed the tank and bracket, but as you mentioned the charge pipe doesn't fit. I will be modifying that this weekend. The stock charge pipe might fit, but I want to retain my Tial BOV.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There is really no reason to use the 335d stuff. All of Dans stuff is secured with brackets. Making brackets is easy enough

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yep, I installed the tank and bracket, but as you mentioned the charge pipe doesn't fit. I will be modifying that this weekend. The stock charge pipe might fit, but I want to retain my Tial BOV.
    335d tank is the cleaner solution by far. If you used DV's would it fit, or is it the actual pipe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would love to see some photos of the 335d tank installed. Sounds like a cool idea. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

You could mount the Tial on the hotside piping/intercooler ala Full Race.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    335d tank is the cleaner solution by far. If you used DV's would it fit, or is it the actual pipe?
    dont know why u got negged. I agree it looks cleaner than brackets would. does the 335d have DV's? never looked under hood of one till I saw expansion tank pic?
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what do you holding is holding the d tank? Lol brackets... I'll post a pic of dan's later. Everything fits like oem. And nothing is in the way of anything. No reason to spend money on something so simple.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what do you holding is holding the d tank? Lol brackets... I'll post a pic of dan's later. Everything fits like oem. And nothing is in the way of anything. No reason to spend money on something so simple.
    My bad i didn't mean to sound like I'm taking away from how awesome this build is. that was not my intention in any way, I agree why blow money when it could be spent were it needs to be. all i meant by my comment was that it would look more OEM but at this point of overhaul it doesn't really matter. it becomes more personal preference.
    Vishnu- Pocede
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    My bad i didn't mean to sound like I'm taking away from how awesome this build is. that was not my intention in any way, I agree why blow money when it could be spent were it needs to be. all i meant by my comment was that it would look more OEM but at this point of overhaul it doesn't really matter. it becomes more personal preference.
    I'm not attacking you, I added an lol because I thought it might sound that way. Just saying a bracket is a bracket, especially when you can't see it. I'm not suggesting making crappy looking brackets either. I think the d tank is larger? It's just doesn't sense to me when you can just shorten a hose and bolt stuff down else where.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not attacking you, I added an lol because I thought it might sound that way. Just saying a bracket is a bracket, especially when you can't see it. I'm not suggesting making crappy looking brackets either. I think the d tank is larger? It's just doesn't sense to me when you can just shorten a hose and bolt stuff down else where.
    agreed Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Vishnu- Pocede
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    dont know why u got negged. I agree it looks cleaner than brackets would. does the 335d have DV's? never looked under hood of one till I saw expansion tank pic?
    Don't know why either. 335d has OEM brackets already made for that exact location, clean, and costs nothing especially relative to the whole build, so it would have been a no-brainer for me. Anyhow, the 335d has a "turbine control valve", so no DV on the charge piping.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll pull my charge pipe tonight and post a picture with the D tank for grins, its definitely the pipe in the way and not just DVs. Honestly I just like the D tank location for less hoses running back and forth across the engine bay, looks really clean this way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skyguy Click here to enlarge
    I'll pull my charge pipe tonight and post a picture with the D tank for grins, its definitely the pipe in the way and not just DVs. Honestly I just like the D tank location for less hoses running back and forth across the engine bay, looks really clean this way.
    Oh OK so it is the actual pipe. Thanks for confirming. And I agree completely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually just talked to proven power, gonna give them the car next week and try to get a new CP built to accomodate the D tank and meth pump right there.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast