Close

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skyguy Click here to enlarge
    hmm, is it gonna be at proven power for another 2 weeks now? really gotta take my car over to see it and get a quote...
    yup I'm in Alaska at work. the car will be at proven power for at least 2 weeks more. Go see it. Go check the codes for me lol.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    We aren't interested in committing to any tuner. All it does is stir up drama, and condescending posts. No offense T, but it just creates issues in the community since everybody is so hostile. Terry, Shiv, and Dzenno have all reached out to help in the project, and this is all greatly appreciated. The main issue here is lack of user adjustability. Letting one of you guys tune it means we have very little control over anything. Dan is a tinkerer, and has certain goals. Making changes on the fly is a must. If letting the dme control everything except boost doesn't work we'll obviously revisit our options. But as of now we are going to try. I bet it would benefit the community greatly to see if it works. In the end the goal is to have fun, and enjoy cars. Not be part of a war. And saying it can't be done, well that's just motivation to try harder, so I appreciate the support Click here to enlarge
    This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, so you want to take the 3 options that people have spent years working on to make tuning the N54 as successful as it is today and throw them away, because you want to make changes on the fly? Have you used an AP? Its about as on the fly as you can get, then you have JB4 and Procede with instant map changing. We were the first to build a kit which used big enough turbos to make big power that the DME can completely control and it was STILL a struggle to do something the first time, tuning wise, as of today we are still not happy with the tune and we made 725 WHP. As far as having no control, I had Dzenno tune it and I had COMPLETE control, he was pressing the buttons but I was testing every step of the way and telling him what I wanted. So when you say you guys are going to tune it yourselves, you are going full stand alone, to step away from the other tuning options? ProEFI isn't out yet and even if it was you still cant make adjustments on the fly, you do a run, you log and you make changes, same as tuning with anything else. Not a bash in any way shape or form, just not exactly getting what you mean by, we will be tuning it ourselves?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, so you want to take the 3 options that people have spent years working on to make tuning the N54 as successful as it is today and throw them away, because you want to make changes on the fly? Have you used an AP? Its about as on the fly as you can get, then you have JB4 and Procede with instant map changing. We were the first to build a kit which used big enough turbos to make big power that the DME can completely control and it was STILL a struggle to do something the first time, tuning wise, as of today we are still not happy with the tune and we made 725 WHP. As far as having no control, I had Dzenno tune it and I had COMPLETE control, he was pressing the buttons but I was testing every step of the way and telling him what I wanted. So when you say you guys are going to tune it yourselves, you are going full stand alone, to step away from the other tuning options? ProEFI isn't out yet and even if it was you still cant make adjustments on the fly, you do a run, you log and you make changes, same as tuning with anything else. Not a bash in any way shape or form, just not exactly getting what you mean by, we will be tuning it ourselves?
    Nope never done anything in my life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @BoostAddict : Did you guys move the engine mount?
    Nope Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Have you used an AP? Its about as on the fly as you can get,
    Pro-EFI would have the advantage here...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

hey! im up in alaska too for work! it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks diiiiiiiiiick, but the pay makes it worth it lol

love the build too, i got a 6466 m3 and i love the spool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    hey! im up in alaska too for work! it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks diiiiiiiiiick, but the pay makes it worth it lol

yup.. pay is def nice and so is the 2 week vacation every month

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Sounds awesome. Beautiful build. Really good work!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge

What are you doing in Alaska exactly?

Are there even any women in that state? That aren't related to Sarah Palin I mean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What are you doing in Alaska exactly?

Are there even any women in that state? That aren't related to Sarah Palin I mean.
    Yea @dreikraft

Fishing/barge work/oil&gas ?? what is your gig.. Im on the arctic coast, prudhoe bay oilfield..

Plenty of women @Sticky Not like my homeland of florida or your california, but Anchorage/Fairbanks are like any bigger city in the lower 48, just on a smaller scale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

random thought What about http://www.atfspeed.com there off of 595 by university dr. They do alot of High output Auto trans
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Pro-EFI would have the advantage here...
    I'm sure it would. And also a $6400 price tag. As of right now with the fuel and ignition control we have, seems we have an easy 800WHP on tap with a built motor. For my $6400 I would much rather build my motor and have a bunch left over then go standalone. In the future I am sure I will want the standalone, but for right now. Seems like a lot of money when the DME is doing a pretty good job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure it would. And also a $6400 price tag. As of right now with the fuel and ignition control we have, seems we have an easy 800WHP on tap with a built motor. For my $6400 I would much rather build my motor and have a bunch left over then go standalone. In the future I am sure I will want the standalone, but for right now. Seems like a lot of money when the DME is doing a pretty good job.
    I agree with this 100%. While I acknowledge yours and Terry's comments on tuning Dan's setup using Cobb only, it's more of a science experiment for us than anything else to see if it can be done. We know the JB4 is the easy way to go, hence the reason I told Dan to keep his months ago when he asked if he should sell it. I guess I said it in kind of a brash way that we won't be using a JB4. It's more of a we won't be doing it initially, and letting Terry figure out boost control doesn't make any sense at this point with the stupid 6at. I just get tired of explaining things on forums which I'm sure you can relate to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I don't care how it gets tuned, I just want to see it ruin on the track Click here to enlarge (And learn the secret formula afterwards.)
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

No worries. Maybe you guys will come up with something better which benefits the entire community. As I said somewhere above worst case use the JB4 as sort of a way to keep the DME from throwing codes / closing the throttle and then do the tuning on the flash and EBC end. Won't be ideal but is workable to get the car on the road. Just wrote the code over the weekend to raise the JB4s boost limit from 25psi to 30psi. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No worries. Maybe you guys will come up with something better which benefits the entire community. As I said somewhere above worst case use the JB4 as sort of a way to keep the DME from throwing codes / closing the throttle and then do the tuning on the flash and EBC end. Won't be ideal but is workable to get the car on the road. Will wrote the code over the weekend to raise the JB4s boost limit from 25psi to 30psi. Click here to enlarge
    Truthfully my biggest concern was having a locked ATP map. But that isn't the case as you stated earlier in the thread. We'll see what happens.

We still have to tackle the fuel system. I know we are doing the vargas HPFP and fuel rail. For the LPFP I was thinking of running a pump in parallel with stocker, I think Tony is doing that. Ideally I would like to run a bosch 044. I'm just worried about how many amps it will draw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

The factory pump controller will allow around 25 amps with a larger fuse. Assuming you want to set it up for the 700rw range I'd probably run something in parallel with the stock pump. Maybe even power it on a separate circuit. On my to-do list is to program the JB4 to turn on an external pump only over a certain boost level, etc.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The factory pump controller will allow around 25 amps with a larger fuse. Assuming you want to set it up for the 700rw range I'd probably run something in parallel with the stock pump. Maybe even power it on a separate circuit. On my to-do list is to program the JB4 to turn on an external pump only over a certain boost level, etc.
    I've been holding back on a G5 purchase because I'm wondering if a new version will come out specifically for 'the big kids'. Options like the above sound pretty slick. Another would be a high-rate feed of gauge data over bluetooth and/or usb (possibly mimicking CAN words so I can write a quick android driver) Click here to enlarge OBD2 connection is just too damn slow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crazylegs Click here to enlarge
    random thought What about http://www.atfspeed.com there off of 595 by university dr. They do alot of High output Auto trans

<3 great minds think alike my friend! IM actively working with them now on some solutions. I have a feeling it may not be a solution that the community wants, but a solution nonetheless to make 700+ whp other than on the n54's 6mt is coming one way or another.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Well said Tony. Im not knocking proefi by any means at all. But the thing is, the longer the day of wait, the more the minds of many solve problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

To all, it makes me happy to see my thread back on track with open discussion. We are ALL in this together, directly or indirectly and any win thru any means will be good for all of us, especially all the guys with the 6AT's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    To all, it makes me happy to see my thread back on track with open discussion. We are ALL in this together, directly or indirectly and any win thru any means will be good for all of us, especially all the guys with the 6AT's.
    Repped! Click here to enlarge

Let's do this Dan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

You make a good point. Ideally one would have both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    <3 great minds think alike my friend! IM actively working with them now on some solutions. I have a feeling it may not be a solution that the community wants, but a solution nonetheless to make 700+ whp other than on the n54's 6mt is coming one way or another.
    Interested to see what you come up with. I'm guessing some sort of adapter to a domestic transmission (GM?) judging by their website and their work with the infamous Toyota engine that I dare not say the name of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I've been holding back on a G5 purchase because I'm wondering if a new version will come out specifically for 'the big kids'. Options like the above sound pretty slick. Another would be a high-rate feed of gauge data over bluetooth and/or usb (possibly mimicking CAN words so I can write a quick android driver) Click here to enlarge OBD2 connection is just too damn slow.
    We would not need to make any board changes to run the fuel pump off the JB4, etc. Awhile back I designed a sweet board with blue tooth, GPS, an accelerometer, etc. It was designed around a $1200 retail price point that collapsed before we finished development. These days though I don't see any fundamental changes in the pipeline with regard to our USB cable for logging.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast