Close

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 892

Thread: 2008 E90 N54 Custom precision 6466 project/build thread

              
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,388
    Rep Points
    2,741.1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I have a local single to play with soon. Should be fun to work on. We'll see how it works out but i dont foresee any "major" issues with cobb and just an external electronic boost controller. There are many things we've learned in the past on DME's boost control that should come in handy..most points that Terry mentioned above I agree on but I disagree that it cant be done well without an N54 piggy...main reason being it hasn't even been tried yet and discounting something just like that isn't giving it a great chance don't you think? Click here to enlarge
    PTF TWIN DISK CLUTCH - GROUP BUY

    Porsche 997.1/997.2, BMW N54/N55 Performance and Custom COBB Tuning Experts
    Home of the World's Fastest BMW N54s, N55s
    www.protuninggroup.com
    www.protuningfreaks.com

  2. #ADS

  3. #302
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    904
    Rep Points
    489.8
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A n54 piggyback can relatively easily be tuned to run a single turbo. He wants to use an electronic boost controller without an n54 specific piggyback.
    Gotcha, missed that. I assume EBC works off throttle input so above your WG pressure I don't see much issue except for syncing the 2 systems... part throttle could be a little tricky though.

  4. #303
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Points
    2,314.1
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Big update soon. I'm in between flights (Dallas now) and had a voicemail. The car lives! Click here to enlarge it started no problem. Apparently it sounds sick as F...I'm trying to get the info and I'll post up when I can. probably tomorrow as I have 4 more flights tonight and tomm morning lol
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  5. #304
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    204
    Rep Points
    324.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Loving your progress, I would also love to see terry develop the codes for Alternate turbo's. I'm willing to provide some dough to make this happen... Thanks again for your efforts.

  6. #305
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    72
    Rep Points
    83.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looking at the pictures do you think a BW s366 would fit in the same location of your 6466?

  7. #306
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,049
    Rep Points
    1,176.2
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Bw compressor housings run extra large. I don't think there is any chance of the s366 fitting in the same location.
    '08 335i 6mt SGM/Terra
    '97 M3/4/5 PT6766
    '97 Jetta TDi 16v ABA PT6266
    '04 350z 475whp stock block SOLD
    '00 323i SOLD Click here to enlarge

  8. #307
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    642
    Rep Points
    684.7
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @BoostAddict : Did you guys move the engine mount?
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

  9. #308
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,025
    Rep Points
    1,683.9
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    top mount FTW!!!!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bw compressor housings run extra large. I don't think there is any chance of the s366 fitting in the same location.
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #309
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    815
    Rep Points
    685.2
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    top mount FTW!!!!
    All that extra space. Just stick it out of the hood Click here to enlarge

  11. #310
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,025
    Rep Points
    1,683.9
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Hells yeah!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All that extra space. Just stick it out of the hood Click here to enlarge
    09 e92 335i, 440HP/500TQ: SOLD
    03 EVO 8, 600HP/500TQ: SOLD
    13 Nissan Maxima: Slow
    99 Eclipse GSX: Startup Teaser http://youtu.be/hwBLSSlkKtY

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #311
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Points
    2,314.1
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    It could be done with a bigger (physical size) turbo in a similar or different configuration. It would just take a person with a lot of patience and skill. And like this it likely would have to be a one off build and not a kit. I'm almost to work.. 4 flights down, one to go.. I'm hoping to get a sound clip soon Bad news is the alternator took a crap... best place to order buy new one ??
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  13. #312
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    99,866
    Rep Points
    23,981.0
    Mentioned
    1499 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    240


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All that extra space. Just stick it out of the hood Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #313
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    850
    Rep Points
    1,525.8
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hood clearance would definitely be an issue, but you migh just eek an S366 in with a top mount. You would have to rotate the hell out of it, though. Not sure about actually getting a filter or elbow on it, since the top mount is close to the head light.

  15. #314
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    521
    Rep Points
    581.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It could be done with a bigger (physical size) turbo in a similar or different configuration. It would just take a person with a lot of patience and skill. And like this it likely would have to be a one off build and not a kit. I'm almost to work.. 4 flights down, one to go.. I'm hoping to get a sound clip soon Bad news is the alternator took a crap... best place to order buy new one ??
    ahh that sucks, looking forward to hearing/seeing it. Give the alternator a wack with a hammer, never fails! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  16. #315
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Points
    1,382.6
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @Ak335i

    You might want to look into just replacing the voltage regulator, P/N 12317561939. That is often the part that fails because of the electronics involved. The body of the alternator (pulley, bearings), rotor and stator are usually fine. Maybe replacing the bearings is a good idea as well.

    Was your battery completely dead when they tried to start it?

    If you do go for total replacement, Bosch is the OEM I think.

  17. #316
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Points
    1,382.6
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give the alternator a wack with a hammer, never fails! Click here to enlarge
    I think that is for the starter solenoid.

  18. #317
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Points
    2,314.1
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    It lives Click here to enlarge

    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  19. #318
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    521
    Rep Points
    581.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Oh $#@! yeh!
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  20. #319
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    521
    Rep Points
    581.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that is for the starter solenoid.
    You obviously never seen me fixing a car Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  21. #320
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    TLH/SoFla/NorCal
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    1,183.7
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    $#@! yes Dan

  22. #321
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,524
    Rep Points
    1,766.7
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Good deal! Lets see it get tuned.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 550+ Members Strong!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/112468002137607/

  23. #322
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Points
    1,382.6
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You obviously never seen me fixing a car Click here to enlarge
    Lol, I'll take your word for it.

  24. #323
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dover NH
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    61.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    hmm, is it gonna be at proven power for another 2 weeks now? really gotta take my car over to see it and get a quote...

  25. #324
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,659
    Rep Points
    806.8
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    awesome!

    that exhaust isn't final though yeah?

    will melt the rear bumper, as well as looking supra-spec haha

  26. #325
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    72
    Rep Points
    83.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks great man.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •