Close

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    whoa there lol... I was having issues with the tranny not knowing what gear it was in and not getting all the fuel it needed due to deteriorating fuel hoses... nonetheless the stock turbo car I ran is very quick, but I'll post this dyno and you can tell me about power under the curve vs a FBo stock turbo..
    Please don't take my comments as bashing, that's not what i am trying to do, but rather highlight the key differences between your setup and the stock twins. I had a feeling you would struggle against a FBO stock twins car in your current setup. Looking at your graph, you are struggling to hit 300hp/tq, whereas a FBO E85 car is typically around 400whp/500wtq. Your car will surely wake up when you crank up the boost, if the trans holds together, but right now the average hp/tq over rev range is much lower than a maxed stock twins car.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Please don't take my comments as bashing, that's not what i am trying to do, but rather highlight the key differences between your setup and the stock twins. I had a feeling you would struggle against a FBO stock twins car in your current setup. Looking at your graph, you are struggling to hit 300hp/tq, whereas a FBO E85 car is typically around 400whp/500wtq. Your car will surely wake up when you crank up the boost, if the trans holds together, but right now the average hp/tq over rev range is much lower than a maxed stock twins car.
    i guess I'm not seeing the same dyno as you? it's all good though this is on the lowest boost I can run.
    I'm above 300/300 from 4600 on and above 400/400 from 5700 on I need to re dyno anyway, the turbo was spooling was slower than it is now since I fix the fueling issue
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Something also worth noting in that race,

fbo car: 1/4 tank gas 125lb driver

st car: just topped off tank 240lb driver.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but if we put a 4l80e can we code out the errors?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    I want to do a 6MT swap, but my question is whether or not the wiring harness is the same in each car, since the DME seems to be the same. Are the correct wires for both transmissions built into every car (seems like it would be easier / cheaper this way)? And then the unecessary wires are just tucked up under the carpet or something?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Its just a coding issue. To swap in a different automatic tranny altogether (4l80e) what I'd do first is code the car to be a 6MT. No need to swap DMEs, its just a VO number I think and you can do it with a free tool like NCSEXPERT or WinKFP. I doubt it'd have any issues provided you wired in an appropriate TCU to the transmission and gave it the basic signals it needs. I'm sure it'd require a bit of wiring and fiddling but I don't see this being the hard part. The hard part would probably be fitting it in my case...for a fab shop though, not really, just another day at the shop
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    I would send Mike Benvo an email and ask the coding questions. If it can be done he will know.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    Off to go find a core 4l80 to see what's up Click here to enlarge
    To code the vehicle to be a 6MT:

Download SP-DATEN_E89_v48.1

In the ISTA you can find the proper flash and ZUB # and flash with WinKFP.

Change the VO with NCSExpert and add FA $2MA (DCT is $2TC) on the CAS and NFRM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice graph, everytime you switch gears you're already at 450whp so I don't see the FBO n54 give you that much run for your money. At the beggining of a roll, yae probably. Then from there, its catch up in one second and pass in the middle of third gear. The end.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Nice graph, everytime you switch gears you're already at 450whp so I don't see the FBO n54 give you that much run for your money. At the beggining of a roll, yae probably. Then from there, its catch up in one second and pass in the middle of third gear. The end.
    Is there a video of the race? I heard a different story of what happened.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I haven't seen a video. I'm just going by what I see in the graph and what technically should happen if all things worked correctly etc. Heck I pulled on a FBO 135 with e70 mix and I was only at 415whp435wtq. This guy has over 100whp than me so I don't think it should be a problem for him to do the same as I did. It's cool too cause in the video between me and the 135 you see when I switch gears he starts creeping, then up top I just pull. Area under the curve does matter 100%.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Lets see how long this build takes. Il be tuning back in 2016

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I haven't seen a video. I'm just going by what I see in the graph and what technically should happen if all things worked correctly etc. Heck I pulled on a FBO 135 with e70 mix and I was only at 415whp435wtq. This guy has over 100whp than me so I don't think it should be a problem for him to do the same as I did. It's cool too cause in the video between me and the 135 you see when I switch gears he starts creeping, then up top I just pull. Area under the curve does matter 100%.
    Do you know at what RPM N4 AT tranny lands after each shift? At shich RPM did you assume the shifts to happen? Anything wrong in the shift point RPMs could cause the discrepancy between your analysis and the real race that happened.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As i would expect, your car is WAY lighter than a 135i.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what did you hear? the FBo car had a 1/4 tank gas and only a 125lb driver. I just topped off and weigh 240lbs.

we did a 40 roll and he got a little jump ahead and around 140Mph+ I started rolling by.

for 15psi I'm not complaining lmao. that also was when I was still having slight fueling issues and a tranny communication issue that I since fixed we will till again lol
    Last edited by Ak335i; 07-12-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what did you hear? the FBo car had a 1/4 tank gas and only a 125lb driver. I just topped off and weigh 240lbs.

we did a 40 roll and he got a little jump ahead and around 140Mph+ I started rolling by.

for 15psi I'm not complaining lmao. that also was when I was still having slight fueling issues and a tranny communication issue that I since fixed we will till again lol
    This is the exact info that I heard also. He had more torque down low and was able to be ahead 40-140+ MPH.

Turn up the boost, run with less fuel and let's see what will happen next time. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

At 40mph ur rpm at 4 from the dyno sheet it's just 200rwhp, fbo on stock turbo at same rpm and speed about 360rwhp, next time race him from 50 or 55 mph 2nd gear, u will pull hard on him.

at which rpm did u shift? fftech single turbo holds full boost to 7000 rpm!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you know at what RPM N4 AT tranny lands after each shift? At shich RPM did you assume the shifts to happen? Anything wrong in the shift point RPMs could cause the discrepancy between your analysis and the real race that happened.
    I'll take an educated guess at around 5k rpm. I'm just stating a perfect condition scenario, of course it's not always going to be the same outcome. In general though, it makes sense.

As i would expect, your car is WAY lighter than a 135i.

Yea I know, but I'm 3200 lbs with my and my buddy in the car vs the 135 maybe 3500 lbs. And I only have 415whp AK has over 100whp, so It should have been somewhere close to that. Still would be a good race to see on vid.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll take an educated guess at around 5k rpm. I'm just stating a perfect condition scenario, of course it's not always going to be the same outcome. In general though, it makes sense.
    For the first shifts it is well below that partly because AT tranny decides to shift quite early because the shift points are optimized for stock turbos. The actual shift points would explain why the actual average WHP under the curve when accelerating can be guestimated so differently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrClean335i Click here to enlarge
    Lets see how long this build takes. Il be tuning back in 2016
    it took the same length of time or less than fftec with the first single or Vargas with his stage 3. it was a complete custom job, all I handed them was the car and a 6466 turbo. It didnt take long lol all that's left is settling on whatever boost gives me 480-500wtq

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    At 40mph ur rpm at 4 from the dyno sheet it's just 200rwhp, fbo on stock turbo at same rpm and speed about 360rwhp, next time race him from 50 or 55 mph 2nd gear, u will pull hard on him.

at which rpm did u shift? fftech single turbo holds full boost to 7000 rpm!
    On the auto? I thought they couldn't get it to rev past 6800?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the auto? I thought they couldn't get it to rev past 6800?
    all I can get is 6800 lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    all I can get is 6800 lol
    I'm sure Terry could fix that for you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure Terry could fix that for you!
    lol. @Terry@BMS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not at this time on automatic shift RPM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There must be an RPM signal output from the DME to the mechantronic module in the trans. Intercept and tweak that signal and the trans should hold the gear longer. The question is, would the DME throw a code if it sees 7k+ RPM and no shift has occured? I've had my car hit the stock rev limiter and not shift before (I think the trans was still cold), but no CEL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mechantronics talks via CAN to the DME. They talk coffee talk back and forth about RPM, torque values, shift points, temperature, etc.etc.etc.

mechatronics also tells DME to retard timing during shifts to reduce power for a split second. I had a mechatronics unit actually make a 745 DIE when doing low rpm shifts due to it excessive retardation (both timing and literally lol) when it shifted!
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Not at this time on automatic shift RPM.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    There must be an RPM signal output from the DME to the mechantronic module in the trans. Intercept and tweak that signal and the trans should hold the gear longer. The question is, would the DME throw a code if it sees 7k+ RPM and no shift has occured? I've had my car hit the stock rev limiter and not shift before (I think the trans was still cold), but no CEL.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    Mechantronics talks via CAN to the DME. They talk coffee talk back and forth about RPM, torque values, shift points, temperature, etc.etc.etc.

mechatronics also tells DME to retard timing during shifts to reduce power for a split second. I had a mechatronics unit actually make a 745 DIE when doing low rpm shifts due to it excessive retardation (both timing and literally lol) when it shifted!

ok guys how bout this one.. how can I get the tranny to allow me to brake boost in first gear to leave in boost. I have the alpina flash maybe that changed something ? all I know is it won't allow me to rev higher than ~2K rpm with the brake applied in 1rst. lol. I can't even do a burnout

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With dsc off I'm assuming?

sounds like a DKG trans lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast