Close

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The kit can be built by independent shops for way less than what Vishnu/FFTEC is asking for it. I'd bet 30-40% less.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robertm Click here to enlarge
    Out of curiosity, and hopefully without starting a $#@!storm, why aren't you just going with the FFTEC single setup? Seems like by the time you design a custom manifold at shop rates you will be near parity cost wise. If it's because you don't want to use Vinshu tuning, Burger could tune FFTEC setup just as easily no?

Very cool project regardless. Can't wait to see it completed!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by robertm Click here to enlarge
    Out of curiosity, and hopefully without starting a $#@!storm, why aren't you just going with the FFTEC single setup? Seems like by the time you design a custom manifold at shop rates you will be near parity cost wise. If it's because you don't want to use Vinshu tuning, Burger could tune FFTEC setup just as easily no?

Very cool project regardless. Can't wait to see it completed!

It will likely complete for cheaper, additionally im using a different turbo. Also if it all pans out, potentially it may be an option for another "kit" for others and competition is great for every one.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Different turbo is the best reason. And honestly none of the single cars have shown anything worthy of the price tag (yet)
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Different turbo is the best reason. And honestly none of the single cars have shown anything worthy of the price tag (yet)
    Yeah,

With any luck, this will be something serious Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Yeah,

With any luck, this will be something serious Click here to enlarge
    I hope so....I want to see some single 60-130 numbers
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fear not, this project has not died. The shop had trouble getting quality head flanges, and ended up taking longer than they expected. Basically two different machined shops failed for whatever reason. Luckily, Vargas now produces these head flanges, and were able to get them to them in a very timely manner. So this show is back on the road, and should move pretty quickly from here. They estimate that the manifold, downpipe, and dump tube will all be done by next week.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    Fear not, this project has not died. The shop had trouble getting quality head flanges, and ended up taking longer than they expected. Basically two different machined shops failed for whatever reason. Luckily, Vargas now produces these head flanges, and were able to get them to them in a very timely manner. So this show is back on the road, and should move pretty quickly from here. They estimate that the manifold, downpipe, and dump tube will all be done by next week.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1a1dd31-1.jpg
    Cool, glad you guys got them on time...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good $#@! for vargas. Props.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony doin' work

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    all the hardware is about to be finished and in the car in the next few days. i get home on 3/15 and will pick the car up the week of 3/18.

The dump tube, manifold, downpipe and some of the charge piping is what im getting to go with the 6466 from Proven Power in Tampa.

thanks again to Vargas for the head flanges!

Proven Power has been nothing but amazing to work with so far on this project

Thanks again to michael @ ETS for the great deal on the turbo and all the help swapping the back housing out with no issues.
    Precision turbo has been great dealing with as well.

When i get the car home we will finish the intake, charge piping, single 4" exhaust and some charge piping and oil/coolant lines and fittings, then change oil/fluids and play with plugs and get her fired up on 15psi fixed boost for the short term. Big updates with pics soon.

we will no doubt try the B3 flash for the tranny. Look into our tuning adventure, deal with a lot of other various mods and then likely do something more crazy than this soon enough.
    Last edited by Ak335i; 03-04-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

all the hardware is about to be finished and in the car in the next few days. i get home on 3/15 and will pick the car up the week of 3/18.

The dump tube, manifold, downpipe and some of the charge piping is what im getting to go with the 6466 from Proven Power in Tampa.

Thanks again to michael @ ETS for the great deal on the turbo and all the help swapping the back housing out with no issues.

When i get the car home we will finish the intake, charge piping, single 4" exhaust and some charge piping and oil/coolant lines and fittings, then change oil/fluids and play with plugs and get her fired up on 15psi fixed boost for the short term. Big updates with pics soon.

we will no doubt try the B3 flash for the tranny. Look into our tuning adventure, deal with a lot of other various mods and then likely do something more crazy than this soon enough.
    Oh a 4'' exhaust! Please take plenty of pics. Are you going to run any mufflers or resonators? I assume catless & mandrel bent?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Oh a 4'' exhaust! Please take plenty of pics. Are you going to run any mufflers or resonators? I assume catless & mandrel bent?
    Catless and SS mandrel. Prob just a resonator or one high flow muffler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Damn, I am getting more anxious on this build. Click here to enlarge

Thanks for the update Dan.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ohh nice update. I was wondering how this build was going.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Minor change/update
    Just spoke to Darrell at Proven Power,

ALL of the charge piping is being custom built now with aluminum and will use a Tial BOV.

They will take care of the exhaust all the way back. Single 4" SS with one vibrant flow thru muffler.

They are going to handle all of the custom oil and coolant blocks and feeds and hoses.

Might push the pick up date back a little bit, but it will be worth it. All i have to do when i get it home is change plugs/oil and maybe an o2 sensor or 2 and then i can fire it up!! Yeaaa boyyy

Hopefully they will leak some photos soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Minor change/update
    Just spoke to Darrell at Proven Power,

ALL of the charge piping is being custom built now with aluminum and will use a Tial BOV.

They will take care of the exhaust all the way back. Single 4" SS with one vibrant flow thru muffler.

They are going to handle all of the custom oil and coolant blocks and feeds and hoses.

Might push the pick up date back a little bit, but it will be worth it. All i have to do when i get it home is change plugs/oil and maybe an o2 sensor or 2 and then i can fire it up!! Yeaaa boyyy

Hopefully they will leak some photos soon Click here to enlarge

Can't they do that for you? I mean so they deliver a car that is ready to run? I am surprised they will ship a car that they haven't even turned over.

I would be semi concerned what if piping has to be adjusted because of how much the motor moves when you shift or something as simple as that? Chasing down a leak, a bad oil/coolant line or fitting, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Can't they do that for you? I mean so they deliver a car that is ready to run? I am surprised they will ship a car that they haven't even turned over.

I would be semi concerned what if piping has to be adjusted because of how much the motor moves when you shift or something as simple as that? Chasing down a leak, a bad oil/coolant line or fitting, etc.
    They certainly could. Depending on the timing (as i work 2x2 rotation in alaska) i may have them tie up the loose ends

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS

Think i could get you hooked up with proven power so if they finish the loose ends you could work together via phone/email etc to get it running on the G5 on the fixed boost?
    I may be at work up here when that time comes and i dont think they have dealt with JB4. THey do a lot of tuning so im sure together you guys could figure something out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Speaking from experience, I would 100% have them fire it and get the bugs worked out before shipping it. When we fired up stage 3 we were lucky to not have a single leak, fluid or otherwise, but a lot of times this isn't the case. There were other things we had to chase down though. For you trying to tune and chase down gremlins is not something you want to deal with in your garage. Have them finish it, get it running, then shipped to you. Just my .02 cents

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Speaking from experience, I would 100% have them fire it and get the bugs worked out before shipping it. When we fired up stage 3 we were lucky to not have a single leak, fluid or otherwise, but a lot of times this isn't the case. There were other things we had to chase down though. For you trying to tune and chase down gremlins is not something you want to deal with in your garage. Have them finish it, get it running, then shipped to you. Just my .02 cents
    trust me i agree.. its just the devil on my shoulder saying "just get it home!!!" lol Im working to get the shop and terry in contact for plans to have them fire it up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

found this on facebook this morning...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    ^ this... trust me LOL. One little oil leak caused me to have to pull the car back apart, twice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    The charge pipe looks really nice Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Also, one quick word of advice: make sure you use one of the heaviest springs on the Tial since it does not recirculate. That valve will stay open at idle, which is okay on the stock twins since they are spinning fast enough to push a little bit of air outward. However, the big single is not going to spin fast enough at idle to push any positive pressure, so you will be sucking (dirty) air into the valve at idle. I went up to the yellow spring and now the valve stays closed under idle, but still opens well upon throttle closure.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast