Close

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: N54 top mount?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, it's just closing the throttle to limit the amount of boost the manifold sees, but it's not controlling turbo RPM.
    +1 exactly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Quick video of a 1st to 4th gear pull. Started on a 5mph roll going up a little over a ton. Please excuse the vertical orientation Click here to enlarge Had to hold it with one hand.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qeu4ra4QiE
    badass

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Moar!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Quick video of a 1st to 4th gear pull. Started on a 5mph roll going up a little over a ton. Please excuse the vertical orientation Click here to enlarge Had to hold it with one hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qeu4ra4QiE
    Sweet Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Woah sick video! If I could rep I would

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

dat spool!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I didn't ask to buy a large quantity. I asked on a price for 2-4 flanges for the stage 3 prototypes. I was told it was be WAY too expensive for them to make them for me in such a small quantity. Now they have been selling them all along, and will have more in stock in a few days? As I said this is slightly confusing to me. But Im glad it worked out this way as now I have my own.
    I had them made some time ago, and have been out of stock for quite a while. I am getting a lot of requests for them, so I am having more made for stock.
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

UPDATE: Pretty much nothing interesting, LOL. As a quick recap, I've been getting high RPM misfires on cylinder 6, so of course I did the routine coil, plug, inector/code which didn't help. Well last week I did a compression test AND leakdown test and everything looks good (insert sigh of relief). Also, the last time it happened I had a fuel code which has now popped up a few times, so I don't think it's a fluke. The next steps will be HPFP and valve cleaning (both of which need to be done regardless of the misfire). I haven't been able to get any further because the primary O2 sensor on bank 2 crapped out! On the BT scantool it's showing about 8 volts at idle, which is way too high. This is actually the second time the same sensor has crapped out since doing the turbo upgrade, so it looks like a heat issue. I don't think it's high EGT's, I think it's a matter of the sensor not being able to dissapate heat due to it's location. So far there have been no issues with the sensor on bank 1 (which sits up front ahead of the manifods/uppipe). Now I'm just waiting for that to come in, at which point I'll fab up either a heat sink or heat sheild to lower the radiant heat the sensor receives.Anyway, that's what's going on. I didn't want everyone to think I dropped off haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

UPDATE: Pretty much nothing interesting, LOL. As a quick recap, I've been getting high RPM misfires on cylinder 6, so of course I did the routine coil, plug, inector/code which didn't help. Well last week I did a compression test AND leakdown test and everything looks good (insert sigh of relief). Also, the last time it happened I had a fuel code which has now popped up a few times, so I don't think it's a fluke. The next steps will be HPFP and valve cleaning (both of which need to be done regardless of the misfire). I haven't been able to get any further because the primary O2 sensor on bank 2 crapped out! On the BT scantool it's showing about 8 volts at idle, which is way too high. This is actually the second time the same sensor has crapped out since doing the turbo upgrade, so it looks like a heat issue. I don't think it's high EGT's, I think it's a matter of the sensor not being able to dissapate heat due to it's location. So far there have been no issues with the sensor on bank 1 (which sits up front ahead of the manifods/uppipe). Now I'm just waiting for that to come in, at which point I'll fab up either a heat sink or heat sheild to lower the radiant heat the sensor receives.Anyway, that's what's going on. I didn't want everyone to think I dropped off haha.
    Good luck man! I really like your set up now that I am in there and see how little room there is. Really nice job, I really think you were gonna have a hard time getting the O2's to live, they just aren't designed to take that kind of heat on a continuous basis. Keep us posted
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 01-10-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Good update
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Good update, sucks car is still not running! hope you the best!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Are you MT? If so, the stock DMFW is known to misfire at high rpm and high hp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Are you MT? If so, the stock DMFW is known to misfire at high rpm and high hp.
    Nope, 6AT here... we'll see how that goes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Good luck man! I really like your set up now that I am in there and see how little room there is. Really nice job, I really think you were gonna have a hard time getting the O2's to live, they just aren't designed to take that kind of heat on a continuous basis. Keep us posted
    Thank you. I'll try to update the good AND the bad so people will know what doesn't work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Fantastic update! Thanks for the sharing the Vid.
    Last edited by Anthony@FFTEC; 01-11-2013 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Typo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Not sure which style O2 bung you are using but the AEM Finned Wideband bung might dissipate heat.

http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-...s-p-21794.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    Not sure which style O2 bung you are using but the AEM Finned Wideband bung might dissipate heat.

http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-...s-p-21794.html
    Yep, that's the one I'm running. I was thinking about also running this in conjunction:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I still work up in Lumberton if you're around. Once I get some tuning on it, we should hit up Undercover's dyno.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you know i have the camera's t record when your ready Click here to enlarge
    Started reading the thread from page 1 & PLEASE let me know when you guys plan on hitting the Undercover Dyno! Would love to see the numbers this puts down & the set up in person (it's also a quality reason to adventure away from North Jersey)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

@Eleventeen , looking over this setup again, how much clearance do you have up top from the turbo to the strut tower body of the car? Doesn't look like much is left there...Have you considered motor movement and the turbo housing hitting the body there when going WOT or bouncing from part to full load at higher boost? If you wouldn't mind possibly taking a pic of the space there I really wonder...maybe 1/4" left in between?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    @Eleventeen , looking over this setup again, how much clearance do you have up top from the turbo to the strut tower body of the car? Doesn't look like much is left there...Have you considered motor movement and the turbo housing hitting the body there when going WOT or bouncing from part to full load at higher boost? If you wouldn't mind possibly taking a pic of the space there I really wonder...maybe 1/4" left in between?
    I can get a picture. It's about 5/8" or so. The turbo blanket touches since it's pretty thick, but there's no metal to metal contact.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Okay, I walnut blasted the valves today and ordered a new HPFP. The valves didn't look as bad as some of the other's I've seen on here and cylinder 6 wasn't any worse than the other cylinders; so I'm not confident it was contributing to the misfire. Regardless, it needed to be done.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

its your flywheel dood!

oh, wait..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Okay, I walnut blasted the valves today and ordered a new HPFP. The valves didn't look as bad as some of the other's I've seen on here and cylinder 6 wasn't any worse than the other cylinders; so I'm not confident it was contributing to the misfire. Regardless, it needed to be done.Click here to enlarge
    You should have took it to the dealer and asked for the HPFP recall work to be done just to see their faces, lol.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Are you going to open up the inlet and outlet of the HPFP to see if this is the limitation?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

That would be priceless! LOL

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    You should have took it to the dealer and asked for the HPFP recall work to be done just to see their faces, lol.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast