Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I appreciate the contribution but the FMIC comparison has been done numerous times before. We know they work! With that said, just negative rep'ing the guy to neg rep him isn't right. This is either rep worthy, or no rep left at all IMO. Don't negative rep the guy for his effort and contribution.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky, Thank you for re-posting for us. While this is not exactly novel information, it's not deserving of negative rep. I + repped to try and even his score...
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

If people only posted info to get rep points, this forum would be empty. The whole point of an online forum is to help other people because were all enthusiasts, not to try and win a set of turbos. Had you posted your findings without the threat of not posting your other info unless you get + rep, you'd have got + rep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    If people only posted info to get rep points, this forum would be empty. The whole point of an online forum is to help other people because were all enthusiasts, not to try and win a set of turbos. Had you posted your findings without the threat of not posting your other info unless you get + rep, you'd have got + rep.
    Very true...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

I agree totally...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'd + rep but I've none to give let alone view the whole post

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    I'd + rep but I've none to give let alone view the whole post
    Oh you rep beggars....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Lol. You got it. Only 999 more to go. :-)

Qq I see stock and helix images. Is the rest hidden or is that it?
    Anyhow. OP nice post. Hope other threads are mentioning this one expecting answers bring some +.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Lol. You got it. Only 999 more to go. :-)

Qq I see stock and helix images. Is the rest hidden or is that it?
    Anyhow. OP nice post. Hope other threads are mentioning this one expecting answers bring some +.
    bottom of the first page, sticky reposted the OP

i think it's pretty funny though, mostly positive reception... still hidden haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Thanks for posting it again sticky. I think they don't like him for personal reasons, he usually had good tech discussions. I've learned a few things.

Here is one thing for ya though Josh, on the charge density with temp. You'll understand easily since you know wastegate duty cycle stuff already. Basically, the pressure losses associated with a ic are always related to ic restriction. Denser cooler air
    makes no real gains other than detonation resistance.

Follow the air. X volume is compressed by the turbo. This volume is set by wgdc, and the pressure (without ic) is set by engine VE. An intercooler is a restriction, creating a pressure drop, as the heat is more a measure of kinetic energy concern than density post turbo. Density and temperature has more to do with pre compressor and efficiency, post turbo temp is more about detonation.

Another way to look at it, is say you remove the ic. Not saying you should, but you'd gain a few psi per wgdc, but more importantly a few cfw from the turbo since there's nothing leeching kinetic energy and velocity from the charge. Boost would go up and you would make more power from x wgdc, but it would be risky so a bad idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    I think they don't like him for personal reasons
    Yep it's this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting it again sticky. I think they don't like him for personal reasons, he usually had good tech discussions. I've learned a few things.

Here is one thing for ya though Josh, on the charge density with temp. You'll understand easily since you know wastegate duty cycle stuff already. Basically, the pressure losses associated with a ic are always related to ic restriction. Denser cooler air
    makes no real gains other than detonation resistance.

Follow the air. X volume is compressed by the turbo. This volume is set by wgdc, and the pressure (without ic) is set by engine VE. An intercooler is a restriction, creating a pressure drop, as the heat is more a measure of kinetic energy concern than density post turbo. Density and temperature has more to do with pre compressor and efficiency, post turbo temp is more about detonation.

Another way to look at it, is say you remove the ic. Not saying you should, but you'd gain a few psi per wgdc, but more importantly a few cfw from the turbo since there's nothing leeching kinetic energy and velocity from the charge. Boost would go up and you would make more power from x wgdc, but it would be risky so a bad idea.
    Yeah, I thought about adding pressure drop but the data is too hard to compile and many variables. I did post a comparison between AMS and Helix sometime ago relating WGDC... I'll try to find it. I think these 2 are kinda extremes in flow... maybe the larger, boxy ICs like ER and CX are prob worse for flow. Depending on your goals, fuel pressure drop can be very important. Sometimes I wish I stayed with AMS, but Helix IATs cannot be beat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

post #106... pretty big difference in WGDC. Maybe 10deg max difference in ambients.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...n-Thread/page5

EDIT: and post #42 showed difference in IAT between the 2 ICs off meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Why is this first post blocked from.viewing when has 9 of 15 positive votes.....thats retarded...yes I already read that it was reposted but that still makes no sense...Just another part of this rep system that flawed
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Negative repping for minutiae just ruins it for the numerous people here who don't have the 1000+ privilege to view such posts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Why is this first post blocked from.viewing when has 9 of 15 positive votes.....thats retarded...yes I already read that it was reposted but that still makes no sense...Just another part of this rep system that flawed
    Five negative votes hide a post. What's retarded is you saying it's retarded instead of anything constructive on how to fix it.

Plus, members can still view hidden posts if they have enough rep.

Perhaps what you should have said was, "The post has more positive reps than negative reps therefore this should be addressed and the post should still be viewable." Now that would be a good post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Five negative votes hide a post. What's retarded is you saying it's retarded instead of anything constructive on how to fix it.

Plus, members can still view hidden posts if they have enough rep.

Perhaps what you should have said was, "The post has more positive reps than negative reps therefore this should be addressed and the post should still be viewable." Now that would be a good post.
    Well I dont have time to do your job for you Sticky, therefore I'm not gonna take my time to address all my concerns with the reputation system...

I tried to point out an obvious flaw...but since you dont take criticism well regarding the rep system or other things, I'll just post what you want to hear to make you feel better:
    "The post has more positive reps than negative reps therefore this should be addressed and the post should still be viewable." Happy lol Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well I dont have time to do your job for you Sticky, therefore I'm not gonna take my time to address all my concerns with the reputation system...
    Who's saying you should do my job? I said you could be constructive and phrase things differently, that's asking to do my job?

I tried to point out an obvious flaw...but since you dont take criticism well regarding the rep system or other things, I'll just post what you want to hear to make you feel better:
    No you were negative and condescending. ANYTHING can be fixed or addressed but you don't have to put me or the system down in order to do so that shows a bit about you as well.

I know it isn't perfect yet it will be tweaked over time. Certain situations aren't visible right away and it takes testing and practice to see all possibilities. So I see here a specific situation where it doesn't work and I'll come up with a resolution. The simple and quick solution was just to see it for myself and repost it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

well that sounds like a pretty good idea

i mean... if it was 5-5 that would just indicate it's divisive, rather than a terrible post.

maybe if it were to reach 5 MORE negative votes than there are positives instead of outright 5 negatives?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

"The post has more positive reps than negative reps therefore this should be addressed and the post should still be viewable." Happy lol Click here to enlarge
    That's not a very good attitude to have towards trying to improve upon the community you are a part of...

i mean... yeah, when i made comments last on any improvements it was met with a fair bit of negative reaction (vocal minority) haha.. so i'd go with 'not commenting' on the matter as maybe not the worst decision

this time it seemed pretty harmless though.

sticky seems to take C&C pretty well i think?.. better than others.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    well that sounds like a pretty good idea

i mean... if it was 5-5 that would just indicate it's divisive, rather than a terrible post.

maybe if it were to reach 5 MORE negative votes than there are positives instead of outright 5 negatives?
    Ya there is a way to balance it. Definitely if it has more positive views than negatives it should be not be hidden.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ya there is a way to balance it. Definitely if it has more positive views than negatives it should be not be hidden.
    If it's like 90% disliked and with at least 10 votes say maybe at least heading towards reasonable.

Or 80% if more than 20 votes.

Or actually don't sensor or at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

If it's like 90% disliked and with at least 10 votes say maybe at least heading towards reasonable.

Or 80% if more than 20 votes.

Or actually don't sensor or at all.
    If some guy comes on the forum just typing a bunch of racial slurs I see no reason for that to stay up if it is negatively rated. We barely censor anything but there has so be some kind of check and balance to prevent chaos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Would hope then that a few might vote against it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Would hope then that a few might vote against it
    Well that's the idea of balancing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12