Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,962
    Rep Points
    2,657.4
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Yes Reputation No
    a properly installed trunk kit should have no flow problems at all, since going to my trunk the meth flow has no missed a beat at all.. pegs max flow instantly and stays there...

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SF Bay, CA
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    56.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey guys this race was of me and my car. Stock turbos, DCI and meth only. You guys are correct meth was not flowing at this point of the day. This was my 8th or 9th run back to back so I think the pump was just getting too hot. Meth cut in and out 2-3 times during the run then came on towards the end pretty good. That is why you see me pull on him in the end.

    It was just a fun little race. This is more a comparison of what map 1 with just DCI would do against a stock M3. I had always wanted to race a stock M3 and this was a great opportunity. I did get to race a stock E92 M3 DCT as my first run of the day and I was able to put a bus length on him with full meth flow. The video I have of that race is just not very exciting because I loose the M3 in the camera field of view right from the start. Hope that helps answer a few questions.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    135.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I love the confidence shown when mounting your go-pro facing rear before a race. LIKE A BOSS!!!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,969
    Rep Points
    2,916.2
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    30


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by (-(ellblazer420 Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys this race was of me and my car. Stock turbos, DCI and meth only. You guys are correct meth was not flowing at this point of the day. This was my 8th or 9th run back to back so I think the pump was just getting too hot. Meth cut in and out 2-3 times during the run then came on towards the end pretty good. That is why you see me pull on him in the end.

    It was just a fun little race. This is more a comparison of what map 1 with just DCI would do against a stock M3. I had always wanted to race a stock M3 and this was a great opportunity. I did get to race a stock E92 M3 DCT as my first run of the day and I was able to put a bus length on him with full meth flow. The video I have of that race is just not very exciting because I loose the M3 in the camera field of view right from the start. Hope that helps answer a few questions.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by (-(ellblazer420 Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys this race was of me and my car. Stock turbos, DCI and meth only. You guys are correct meth was not flowing at this point of the day. This was my 8th or 9th run back to back so I think the pump was just getting too hot. Meth cut in and out 2-3 times during the run then came on towards the end pretty good. That is why you see me pull on him in the end.

    It was just a fun little race. This is more a comparison of what map 1 with just DCI would do against a stock M3. I had always wanted to race a stock M3 and this was a great opportunity. I did get to race a stock E92 M3 DCT as my first run of the day and I was able to put a bus length on him with full meth flow. The video I have of that race is just not very exciting because I loose the M3 in the camera field of view right from the start. Hope that helps answer a few questions.
    Ahhh!!! That explains thing then. A tune+dci n54 is comparable to a stock m3, and that is clearly shown in the video. Maybe @Sticky should change the name of the thread, as there was no meth present in this run, but just a tune and dci.
    John 3:16


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Ahhh!!! That explains thing then. A tune+dci n54 is comparable to a stock m3, and that is clearly shown in the video. Maybe @Sticky should change the name of the thread, as there was no meth present in this run, but just a tune and dci.
    +1

    I need to film me racing my friend with a E93 M3. His added weight should make it an even race vs me, if not in my favor.
    Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SF Bay, CA
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    56.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aquaskr Click here to enlarge
    I love the confidence shown when mounting your go-pro facing rear before a race. LIKE A BOSS!!!
    HAHA you like that? Yea the first M3 that I raced, I just destroyed him and did not get the race on film at all when the camera was mounted on the side of the car. So I said screw it let's just face it backwards. But then the race ended up being close.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TurboSid Click here to enlarge
    I ran a stock e92 DCT m3 this past weekend in my tune only 335is DCT and i kept at it bumper to bumper from a 60 roll. At a slower roll my torque would have easily given me a slight jump.

    This run with meth doesn't surprise me, M3's should do better on top end because of their gearing. How much better do you guys expect any other tune to do in a similar situation? I wish I would have taken video of my run so I could make the front page too...
    The gearing also gives it torque down low.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Ahhh!!! That explains thing then. A tune+dci n54 is comparable to a stock m3, and that is clearly shown in the video. Maybe @Sticky should change the name of the thread, as there was no meth present in this run, but just a tune and dci.
    Meth flowed and didn't flow he says... kind of hard to say.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    2,086
    Rep Points
    2,209.2
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Meth flowed and didn't flow he says... kind of hard to say.
    Not a stab at the m3, but thats embarrassing for a M3. Hopefully BMW's next M3 motor is 500+whp, like the C63/CTSV/gt500




  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Not a stab at the m3, but thats embarrassing for a M3. Hopefully BMW's next M3 motor is 500+whp, like the C63/CTSV/gt500
    Kind of the other way around, the M3 is stock.

    The M3 isn't even built to be a straightline monster it just is strong all around.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
    +1

    I need to film me racing my friend with a E93 M3. His added weight should make it an even race vs me, if not in my favor.
    I think you''ll mow that heavy e93 down, if you ever run him. You have downpipes, and that makes a pretty nice difference, from just being tune only. Do you also have a DCI?
    John 3:16


  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,075
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    ^I can attest to the fact that E93s are heavy Click here to enlarge Still fun hearing the exhaust when the top is down, though Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    388
    Rep Points
    104.9
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hold the cameras.... I'm also running FBO with FFTEC fuel pump 100% e85 w/meth. Another kill, took down this bolted M3.

    Don't get me wrong, I would trade my car every day of the week for this M3, but he really needed a few more mods. Check it out...

    Last edited by WedgePerformance; 12-21-2012 at 04:14 AM.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Hold the cameras.... I'm also running FBO with FFTEC fuel pump 100% e85 w/meth. Another kill, took down this bolted M3.

    Don't get me wrong, I would trade my car every day of the week for this M3, but he really needed a few more mods. Check it out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6uWTaNn6Y
    Manual?

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    388
    Rep Points
    104.9
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Manual?
    I'm running AT, but the M3 I have no clue if he was DCT or MT.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    I'm running AT, but the M3 I have no clue if he was DCT or MT.
    Weird how it's such a large difference in your vid especially with a tuned M3. Wonder what the exact specs are.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    388
    Rep Points
    104.9
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Weird how it's such a large difference in your vid especially with a tuned M3. Wonder what the exact specs are.
    He said he just had a few bolt on mods.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    He said he just had a few bolt on mods.
    Yes similar mods to what the 335 in the OP has but this M3 isn't stock it's also tuned he is saying.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Portland OR
    Posts
    388
    Rep Points
    104.9
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes similar mods to what the 335 in the OP has but this M3 isn't stock it's also tuned he is saying.
    I think I'm making a bit more power than (-(ellblazer420.Not sure what he ended up with on FFTEC's dyno.

    I wish they would have put up parking zones to keep the same HP cars in the same area. Would have made it easier to find races. I would have rolled every session, but half the time I rolled down looking for someone to run.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Points
    2,205.8
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    The only things that make a difference in these cars are downpipes, tune and alternate fuel (meth, e85, race gas); meth is just inconsistent, I have been to many events where it has sucked for one reason or another. If anyone tell you other mods make a difference, they are full of $#@!. An intercooler does nothing for this car especially on the streets and if you are not consistently gunning it, intake, charge pipe, diverter valves and all this other BS has very negligible gains.
    I don't know about all of that. I dyno'd a solid 10-15hp from 5k to redline with FMIC with tune only (93 octane). It was likely more for higher boost levels.

    Not crazy, but a nice solid gain plus way more consistency.
    Change is constant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •