Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Thumbs up Great excuse for e90/e92/e82 owners to upgrade to M3 Control Arms for cheap!

Went in for an alignment, couldn't do it since the Notorious FCA Bushings popped, shops quoting around 385 w/ labor to replace bushings with stock 335i ones that will pop again.., thought I'd upgrade the whole arm to the M3 arms since the labor is cheaper. Found both arms for $176 with free shipping, cheapest I could find anywhere! Labor will be 1-1.5 hours or if you have time its easy to do yourself so itll be much cheaper than what they quoted for stock replacement and Im getting an upgrade! Thought I'd share, got em at importecautoparts I passed on the lower wishbone arms for now since I didn't really care for the neg. camber and didn't want them to have trouble with the alignment.

Part numbers 31 10 2 283 575 and 31 10 2 283 576

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pics?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    arms are virtually identical, the diffs in the bushing and ball joint: the m3 armClick here to enlarge

crappy non-M part :
    Click here to enlarge

lame part is the damn shop scratched all four of my wheels mounting new hankook v12s so now have to wait for them to refinish them and remount/balance/install control arms/ then finally get an alignment and feel the difference

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice, might have to snag these.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ecstuning has similar or slightly cheaper (i think $160 a pair?) prices

i got all 4 front ones for something like $360 shipped? I cant remember, they have a packagee

ed: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...aign=postreply

Thats the package

They hae individuals somewhere too

Ed: erp, same price or $5 pricier.

Still, have them lol... Took me hours to find out that trw parts are oe 'm' parts with the ///m removed >_<
    Last edited by Flinchy; 12-16-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's where I bought mine from. And yeah, there's a place where the ///M is machined off Click here to enlarge $360 Still haven't installed them yet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been looking into this upgrade too.

I just lowered my 330xi on H&R coilovers but since that setup is much stiffer now, I get a sea saw effect.

I've heard replacing the rear subframe bushings can help solve this sea saw feeling but at the same time I would like to replace the whole rear end suspension with the possible exception of the camber links.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 Click here to enlarge
    arms are virtually identical, the diffs in the bushing and ball joint: the m3 armClick here to enlarge

crappy non-M part :
    Click here to enlarge

lame part is the damn shop scratched all four of my wheels mounting new hankook v12s so now have to wait for them to refinish them and remount/balance/install control arms/ then finally get an alignment and feel the difference
    The M3 arms are lighter, I noticed a difference holding them in my hands before they went on my car. They really, really make the front end eager to turn in especially since they will add -.75 degrees of camber and you can feel a lot more through the steering wheel. The first day I put them on, there was an almost annoying amount of steering feel (to the point that I thought I might have regretted my decision) but the bushings soften up a bit after a day or two and then they feel perfect. I had mine for 10-15,000 miles and loved every mile, but I wish I had also done the rear subframe and maybe even the rear arms.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Ecstuning has similar or slightly cheaper (i think $160 a pair?) prices

i got all 4 front ones for something like $360 shipped? I cant remember, they have a packagee

ed: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...aign=postreply

Thats the package

They hae individuals somewhere too

Ed: erp, same price or $5 pricier.

Still, have them lol... Took me hours to find out that trw parts are oe 'm' parts with the ///m removed >_<

FYI, the link you provided are not OEM and made by TRW. I'm sure they work fine, but just thought you should be aware.

ECS also sells the OEM version:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...rade/ES257469/

BUT it's cheaper here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    screw the OEM version, TRW manufactures the OEM part for BMW, and also sells it "unbranded" with the //M label scratched off, but identical for much cheaper
    2007 AW/Beige E92 335i 6MT / JB4 / E85 BB backend / IC / DCI / DPs / ER CP / Forge DVs / Meth(off) / 335is/550i Clutch / MFactory Steel SMFW / NGK Step Colder Plugs / BMS SSK/UUC KNOB / M3 Front Control Arms / Solid rear arms / Tein SS-P Coilovers / M4 18" in PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 Click here to enlarge
    screw the OEM version, TRW manufactures the OEM part for BMW, and also sells it "unbranded" with the //M label scratched off, but identical for much cheaper
    For sure. Just giving more information just in-case anyone cares.

I'm not saying TRW does this, but sometimes these types of manufacturers will resell parts that don't meet specific testing requirements imposed by the mass buyer. Again, I don't know if this is the case here, but just food for thought!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    FYI, the link you provided are not OEM and made by TRW. I'm sure they work fine, but just thought you should be aware.

ECS also sells the OEM version:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-335...rade/ES257469/

BUT it's cheaper here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
    Th
    ey ARE oem, trw makes them for bmw.. They are not OEBMW, but they are the OEM for these particular components

100% identical, i even have a set right next to me.

i spent waay too many hours researching this and sending tons of emails, i should know

The one dfference is the ///M has been filed off all components (as theyre not sold by bmw lol)

ed: and at the above comment, i have more than one email (and a phone call) saying they're exactly the same off the same lines, no cherry picking for bmw, these are parts that could have been in an m3