Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    10 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    INPA directions for OBD readiness and readout for LP sensor

    INPA is a very useful tool that everyone should have in their possession...It can help diganose many simple issues. It can easily access error faults, system tests, injector coding and just to check out the hardware tolerance levels to see if they are performing correctly...Vasillov has shown us all how to code in the injectors values. If your looking for the software refer to his thread... All you need is to buy a working Dcan cable from here.. http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16 and configure it to a laptop using Windows 32bits OS... I have been asked numerous times about getting to a specific page in INPA to check for OBD readiness as alot of us still have to pass emmission testing and want to know before hand if our cars are going to pass. Another question I have been asked is how to get to the page selection which the LP sensor readout is monitored...Most of all INPA versions that people have working on their laptops are in German, and its quite intimidating to mess around because one wrong move and you can mess up the car...WIth this small mini guide it will make it less intimidating...

    TO check OBD readiness

    >Choose Chasis E90
    >Engine choose MDS80 N54
    >F5 Status analog \ Digital
    >F1 Digital Value
    >F4 OBD readiness

    If you have four black circles then your car is ready for emission testing!!



    To check LP sensor readings

    >Choose Chasis E90
    >Engine choose MSD80 N54
    >F5 Status analog \ Digital
    >F2 Analog Measurement Block
    >F6 MWB6

    There you will see the LP sensor reading...A normal reading should be around 5000 hPa. If you reading is above that value and not fluctuating but pegged at whatever number above 5000~ hPa, then your LP sensor is SHOT and needs to be replaced...You should also see a 29F3 code in the error log accompanied with a 29DC code..


    I will update this thread with other quick mini guides of INPA when I have some more time.. like error reading and clearing of the errors in the shadow codes ( ones stored that cant be cleared through normal clear coding) Testing of modules and stuff..Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,818
    Rep Points
    31,802.8
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice post, repped

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    INPA is a very useful tool that everyone should have in their possession...It can help diganose many simple issues. It can easily access error faults, system tests, injector coding and just to check out the hardware tolerance levels to see if they are performing correctly...Vasillov has shown us all how to code in the injectors values. If your looking for the software refer to his thread... All you need is to buy a working Dcan cable from here.. http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16 and configure it to a laptop using Windows 32bits OS... I have been asked numerous times about getting to a specific page in INPA to check for OBD readiness as alot of us still have to pass emmission testing and want to know before hand if our cars are going to pass. Another question I have been asked is how to get to the page selection which the LP sensor readout is monitored...Most of all INPA versions that people have working on their laptops are in German, and its quite intimidating to mess around because one wrong move and you can mess up the car...WIth this small mini guide it will make it less intimidating...

    TO check OBD readiness

    >Choose Chasis E90
    >Engine choose MDS80 N54
    >F5 Status analog \ Digital
    >F1 Digital Value
    >F4 OBD readiness

    If you have four black circles then your car is ready for emission testing!!



    To check LP sensor readings

    >Choose Chasis E90
    >Engine choose MSD80 N54
    >F5 Status analog \ Digital
    >F2 Analog Measurement Block
    >F6 MWB6

    There you will see the LP sensor reading...A normal reading should be around 5000 hPa. If you reading is above that value and not fluctuating but pegged at whatever number above 5000~ hPa, then your LP sensor is SHOT and needs to be replaced...You should also see a 29F3 code in the error log accompanied with a 29DC code..


    I will update this thread with other quick mini guides of INPA when I have some more time.. like error reading and clearing of the errors in the shadow codes ( ones stored that cant be cleared through normal clear coding) Testing of modules and stuff..Click here to enlarge
    One correction, you need all six of those circles to show ready to pass. I failed with 4. :-)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    One correction, you need all six of those circles to show ready to pass. I failed with 4. :-)


    That is not true...The other two does not pertain to our cars. I will take a snapshot of the obd readiness flag screen.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mars, Gale Crater
    Posts
    873
    Rep Points
    682.4
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    also it depends on the state
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Using INPA to test for readiness it only shows four black dots for readiness. Maybe the other software shows more I dunno

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    187
    Rep Points
    395.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    I'll be needing this Click here to enlarge thanks, repped!
    jb4+fbo+meth

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Injector coding Screen and readout of injectors

    >Choose E90 Chassis
    >Engine MSD80
    >F9 System diagnosis
    >Shift + F4 EOL injector rate comparison

    To code in the injector value basically grab the numbers off the injectors themselves and enter them into each injector by clicking on the actual injector value that you want to code in...The injectors are listed at the bottom 1 to 6. Click on it and a window will pop up which you will enter the correct variables for each injector value...Example a injector that has values printed on the actual injector like 583 and 217 you enter basically 58.3 and the other value would be 2.17.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Reading error memory

    >Choose E90
    >Engine MSD80
    >F4 Read Error Memory
    >F1 Read Error memory
    >F2 Error memory read detail
    >F5 Clear memory of errors


    To get a readout of shadow codes that regular clearing doesnt erase

    >Choose E90 Chassis
    >Engine MSD80
    >F4 Read Memory
    >F3 Read History memory
    >F1 Read History memory
    >F2 delete history memory

    One thing so great about using INPA to read codes is that it actually gives you the code plus an explanation of the code, instead of having to search and translate into HEX values what it means like what the piggybacks give out as the error code

    More mini guides to come!
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 12-16-2012 at 10:28 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Points
    1,149.6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    INPA is so awesome. Props to you and Vasil for bringing support to the community.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    419.1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    I understand INPA can read transmission error codes in the MSD81?
    Would I need att'l files for INPA to read the trans codes?
    For Sale:

    - NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

    - FBO parts here LINK


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    I understand INPA can read transmission error codes in the MSD81?
    Would I need att'l files for INPA to read the trans codes?
    Yes it can read tranny codes too...The files from the various downloads floating around should work..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    419.1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Yes it can read tranny codes too...The files from the various downloads floating around should work..
    I already have INPA (coded injectors.. So easy!) and just need the files for the tranny.
    if anybody has a link to the files or can email me them please let me know. I had a tranny code pop up today and need to figure this out.

    Thanks!
    For Sale:

    - NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

    - FBO parts here LINK


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Points
    1,149.6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    If you have INPA working, it should read the transmission as part of the base software. Instead of chosing Engine>MSD80, chose Transmission, or whatever it's called. Sorry I havnt used it in a couple months and the actual title eludes me ATM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    I already have INPA (coded injectors.. So easy!) and just need the files for the tranny.
    if anybody has a link to the files or can email me them please let me know. I had a tranny code pop up today and need to figure this out.

    Thanks!
    Alot of the software doesnt have the correct modules or it will say the variants dont match...Just press ok and ignore it...You should still be able to read out the tranny fault codes and also clear them regardless...I will dig into it tonight for you if I have a chance
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 12-17-2012 at 03:09 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    419.1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    After pressing OK to all of the error messages it finally read the TCU codes and delete them..!!
    Only problem is the error code description is in GERMAN.. and you cannot copy or paste from the screen Click here to enlarge
    For Sale:

    - NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

    - FBO parts here LINK


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    After pressing OK to all of the error messages it finally read the TCU codes and delete them..!!
    Only problem is the error code description is in GERMAN.. and you cannot copy or paste from the screen Click here to enlarge
    Take a picture of the screen with your phone...thats what I do...What were the fault codes??
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 12-17-2012 at 04:53 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    419.1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Take a picture of the screen with your phone...thats what I do...What were the fault codes??
    I did take a pic of it with my phone lol.. Now what do I do with it?
    For Sale:

    - NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

    - FBO parts here LINK


  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boosted-M Click here to enlarge
    I did take a pic of it with my phone lol.. Now what do I do with it?
    Look at the fault codes from the tranny and try to troubleshoot why you got that code! I mean the code happened for a reason, and you need to understand if there is an inherent problem or was it just protecting itself because of too much torque...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice! Here is how things should look if you want to pass:

    Click here to enlarge
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks Vasillov! For a very useful pic of OBD readiness in INPA

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Here is how things should look if you want to pass:

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...bbStage0-1.png
    Like I said earlier, you need all six to be ready to pass, not four. @Cn555ic

    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    What I was describing was the four units on the left hand side...When those four are blackened out the readiness is always good. The other two on the far right will always be blackened out once the four on the left hand side are blackened, but if you want to be specific then you would need 10 black dots to be blackened out! Just trying to make it simple for users...But if you want to be totally technical then we are both wrong as it would be 10 black dots! lol

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    24
    Rep Points
    29.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Hey Guys, quick question on using INPA to check OBD readiness. When I follow the steps listed above and get to the last step that says click F4 to enter the OBD readiness submenu, clicking the F4 button either in the program or on the keyboard does not bring up the submenu? Any suggetions on what's wrong? I have an E90 built in 10/06 with Cobb set to stage 0.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    962
    Rep Points
    1,141.3
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccbad Click here to enlarge
    Hey Guys, quick question on using INPA to check OBD readiness. When I follow the steps listed above and get to the last step that says click F4 to enter the OBD readiness submenu, clicking the F4 button either in the program or on the keyboard does not bring up the submenu? Any suggetions on what's wrong? I have an E90 built in 10/06 with Cobb set to stage 0.

    What version do you have of INPA...Its should work as stated..
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •