Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Talking Burger Tuning N63 Stage 1 (beta) coming soon!

I do not work for or with Burger Tuning, I'm just a fan...

Terry at Burger Tuning has been testing my F02 to build a N63 tune. I also own a 335i that has the BMS JB4 in it and the power increase is incredible. When I had a 2012 F10 535i he used that car to work on the Stage 2 tune for the N55. He definitely knows his stuff and emailed me this morning letting me know he is almost done with a plug-n-play stage 1 tune for our N63's!

It is in Beta right now so I do not know when it will be for sale to the public, but if there is enough interest in the stage 1 he said there could eventually be a stage 2 with even more power. (He mentioned there is a lot of potential for this motor, which we all instinctually suspected)

I will try to attach the dyno sheet he sent me but the numbers are as follows:

Stock HP/TQ: 387/448
    Stage 1 HP/TQ: 412/482

Not bad for a tune that costs less than $400.

Check out the thread he started over on the N54 tech forums. As soon as I get my car back and put some hard miles on the tune I will post my honest opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Those are good gains for sure. I wouldn't mind a 550i myself with an tune, downpipes and exhaust.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice , terry is a busy man lately
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry finally did what I suggested... finally @Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this is great news!!!
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

let know more info
    2011 550i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Terry@BMS Terry, my buddy has a 750Li and has been looking for a tune for quite some time. Any more info on this? ECU piggy like the JB4 or MAP sensor bias like the JB+? Logging capability? Either way, let me know if you'd like another tester.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Burger Tuning (BMS) Stage I tune for N63 vehicles (650i, 550i, 750i, xDrive50i) coming soon, dyno results and boost figures - +25 wheel horsepower on pump gas

BMS (Burger Tuning) is tackling the N63 4.4 liter Twin Turbo V8 platform which is great news for BMW enthusiasts. Up until now the only way to get a tune on these motors was through a flash. The BMS piggyback makes for an easy install and this is a mild tune (and in beta testing form) offering up only a boost of around 2 psi. This is less than the most powerful flash options but on par with the Dinan Stage III tune for far less money.

If the product proves popular (it will) they will explore higher stages.

Click here to enlarge

Terry@BMS:

"Hey guys,

Thanks to a generous customer I was able to borrow a 2009 750i N63 to play around with a bit. This is the same motor used in the 550i, which (as I understand it) is a detuned version of the same motor used in the new M5.

They advertise it at around 445hp so I was curious to see what it would put down on a dynojet. Best run was 387whp and 448whp. Not too shabby.

While I had it here I did a little tuning via an N63 Stage1 tune I designed for it. It's a very mild and easy to install tune, going for the easy horsepower with it. If it catches on we'll explore higher stages. But just with around 2psi more than stock using the Stage1 tune we were able to get power up to 412whp / 482wtq.

This car is huge and on the road the extra power is noticeable. We'll have to hunt down a local 550 next for testing."

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice work Terry!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very cool!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's awesome. He barely even upped the boost haha. It looks like he smoothed it out and that's just awesome. Great gains for this car, It for sure has another 40whp in it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2009 N63 is rated at 400hp/450tq, so this beast is apparently underrated a tad from the factory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spool twice Click here to enlarge
    2009 N63 is rated at 400hp/450tq, so this beast is apparently underrated a tad from the factory.
    http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...0-550i)&page=2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Throw some downpipes on it! We gained 40 WHP without a tune after putting on our catless dp's and rear exhaust.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Throw some downpipes on it! We gained 40 WHP without a tune after putting on our catless dp's and rear exhaust.Click here to enlarge
    What the hell, show me.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Throw some downpipes on it! We gained 40 WHP without a tune after putting on our catless dp's and rear exhaust.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will F10 DP's fit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by itschase Click here to enlarge
    Will F10 DP's fit?
    On what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On my F02. All of the N63 DP topics talk only about the F10 chassis. Since I've owned both I can see how the shapes might be different even if the engine is the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by itschase Click here to enlarge
    On my F02. All of the N63 DP topics talk only about the F10 chassis. Since I've owned both I can see how the shapes might be different even if the engine is the same.
    There might be differences, best to ask @ar design @AR Design II

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    This +1
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    What the hell, show me.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    This +1
    http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...s-Dyno-results

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, that's awesome. Thank you!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is awesome!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Received the Stage 1 about 2 weeks ago and installed on a buddies car. It's a nice little kick in the pants. Time to develop a Stage 2 tune Terry!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Received the Stage 1 about 2 weeks ago and installed on a buddies car. It's a nice little kick in the pants. Time to develop a Stage 2 tune Terry!
    Did he dyno it?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast